Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    The converter looks great, but the image looks strange.
    Have you modified the css of the chords? they are aligned to the right instead of left???
    I think that I see what you mean now. Are you comparing the text and the screen dump? The first line seemed to be incorrect in the text. Just a text formatting problem in the message. I have edited it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that I see what you mean now. Are you comparing the text and the screen dump? The first line seemed to be incorrect in the text. Just a text formatting problem in the message. I have edited it.
    Exactly
    Looks really nice.
    I'm currently a bit short of time, but from monday on I'll have a holiday and plenty of time to test your converter in depth.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Hey, johncc; I'm trying to use your converter but don't seem to get it. Below I'll paste as example a song (I want to convert) and its result (when converted).

SONG:

Es por tu gracia

author Jesus Adrian Romero

El aire de tu casa (2005)

E Aadd2 E
    Cuando nadie me ve en la intimidad
    Aadd2 C#m
    Donde no puedo hablar más que la verdad
    Aadd2 G#m7
    Donde no hay apariencias
    F#m7 F#m7/E Bsus4 B7
    Donde descubier to que da mi corazón

E Bsus4 B F#m7 C#m7
    Allí soy sin cero, allí mi apariencia de piedad
    E/B A F#m7 E/G#
    Se va, allí es tu gracia lo que cuenta tu
    C#m7 F#m7 F#m7/E Bsus4 B7
    Perdón lo que sus tenta para estar de pie

E B/D# F#m7
    Y no podría dar la cara si no fuera porque
    G#m7 A F#m7 Bsus4
    estoy, revestido de la gracia y la justicia
    B7 E B/D#
    Del señor, si me vierán tal cual soy
    C#m E/B A F#m7
    Se enterarían que es Jesús, lo que visto reflejado
    B/D# B7
    En mi tan solo fue su luz

E B/D# C#m A
    Es por tu gracia y tu perdón que podemos
    F#m7 A B
    Ser llamados instrumentos de tu amor
    E B C#m E/B
    Es por tu gracia y tu perdón
    A F#m7
    Que podemos ser llamados
    Bsus4
    Instrumentos de tu amor

B/A E/G# Cdim C#m E/B
    Y es por tu gracia y tu perdón
    E/A B7sus4 B7 E
    Mi justicia queda le jos de tu perfección

CONVERTED TO:

<song xmlns="http://openlyrics.info/namespace/2009/song"
    version="0.8"
    createdIn="OpenLyrics Converter"
    modifiedIn=""
    modifiedDate="2012-10-07T03:28:34.579Z">
    <properties>
    <titles>
    <title>Es por tu gracia</title>
    </titles>
    <authors>
    <author>Jesus Adrian Romero</author>
    </authors>
    <El>aire de tu casa (2005)</El>
    </properties>
    <lyrics>
    <verse name="v1">
    <lines>
    <chord name="E"/> Cuando nadie me ve <chord name="Aadd2"/>en la intimida<chord name="E"/>d<br/>
    </lines>
    </verse>
    <verse name="v2">
    <lines>
    </lines>
    </verse>
    <verse name="v3">
    <lines>
    Del señor<chord name="B7"/>, si me vi<chord name="E"/>erán tal cual soy<chord name="B/D#"/><br/>
    Se enter<chord name="C#m"/>arían que es Jesús,<chord name="E/B"/> lo que v<chord name="A"/>isto refleja<chord name="F#m7"/>do<br/>
    </lines>
    </verse>
    <verse name="v4">
    <lines>
    E B/D# C#m A<br/>
    Ser ll<chord name="F#m7"/>amados instru<chord name="A"/>mentos de tu a<chord name="B"/>mor<br/>
    Es por tu gr<chord name="E"/>acia <chord name="B"/> y tu perdón<chord name="C#m"/><chord name="E/B"/><br/>
    Que pod<chord name="A"/>emos ser llama<chord name="F#m7"/>dos<br/>
    </lines>
    </verse>
    <verse name="v5">
    <lines>
    <chord name="Y"/> <chord name="es"/> <chord name="por"/> E/A<chord name="tu"/> <chord name="gracia"/> B7sus<chord name="y"/>4 <chord name="tu"/> B<chord name="perdón"/>7 E<br/>
    </lines>
    </verse>
    </lyrics>
    </song>

Please, help me on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

UPDATE:
    I tried just doing lyrics as I did yesterday (would add the chords later) and not even those are converted correctly. Don't know what's wrong but, yesterday I converted a song all in the Touchpad and now, it won't convert it correctly. Please help! Next Friday I'll direct the Church's choir and wanted to assist me with MySongBook app. :-)
    Last edited by ajguns; 10/07/2012 at 03:14 AM.
    It looks like my chord line recognition algorithm needs refining. Currently using average word size < 3.

If the 'El aire' line is a property, it needs a property name. (currentlyit is property <El>).

I am not at my computer at the moment, will look at in about an hour
    @ajguns

Can you edit your previous post and paste the song source between [CO DE][ /CO DE] tag so as to preserve the spaces please.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/07/2012 at 04:46 AM.
    It looks like my chord line recognition algorithm needs refining. Currently using average word size < 3.

If the 'El aire' line is a property, it needs a property name. (currentlyit is property <El>).

I am not at my computer at the moment, will look at in about an hour
    Yes, "El aire de tu casa" is the Album and the (2005) is the release year. The title, author and property fields seem to work just find. The problem is whith the verses. Wouldn't be easier if we putted Intro, V1, V2, Chorus, Outro to separate our selve the song and so it's much easier for the convertor to know which are properties, which are lines, etcetera, etcetara... Just saying...
    Thank you for your help (if you pull this thing together, you will save at least 30 minutes to creat each OpenLyric_chords-included_song).
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    @ajguns

Can you edit your previous post and paste the song source between tag so as to preserve the spaces please.
    can you show me an example of how you would want that?
    Sorry for my limited knowledge on doing this, but really, no thechie guy here... just follow instruction (up until know), pretty good I'd say. ;-)
    Last edited by ajguns; 10/07/2012 at 03:15 AM.
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    can you show me an example of how you would want that?
    Sorry for my limited knowledge on doing this, but really, no thechie guy here... just follow instruction (up until know), pretty good I'd say. ;-)
    Just go into edit mode, then advanced mode for the message, highlight the song text and click on the CODE button (top row, second from the right). Then replace that text by pasting in a fresh set of chords and lyrics.

I think that I can sort it out without the data anyway.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/08/2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Yes, "El aire de tu casa" is the Album and the (2005) is the release year. ...
    The realease date should be done with the line

released 2005

there is no provision in the OpenLyrics specification for album, but if you entered

album El aire de tu casa

it would appear in the properties of the generated song as

<album>El aire de tu casa</album>

Alternatively, if you put your original information in as another title

title El aire de tu casa (2005)

the MySongBook title bar will display

Es por tu gracia - El aire de tu casa (2005)

which may be a better option.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/07/2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Okay. New version is up.

OpenLyrics Song Generator

A chord line is defined as having more than 50% of valid OpenLyrics chord names. If you have scrambled output and lines not recognised it is probably because you have used too many non-standard chord designations.

The full list is here. valid OpenLyrics chord names
    New capability for the OpenLyrics Generator

The inter-verse line can be blank or can contain [x] (strictly speaking it is [x ) where x can be v, b, c, e, p under the OpenLyrics specification and will become a verse label which will have sequential numbers added to it to identify each verse. A blank line defaults to a [v] label.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/08/2012 at 07:44 AM.
    New capability for the OpenLyrics Generator

The inter-verse line can be blank or can contain [x] where x can be v, b, c, e, p under the OpenLyrics specification and will become a verse label which will have sequential numbers added to it to identify each verse. A blank line defaults to a [v] label.
    Hello,
    So I tried again with the same song and I identified a problem that prevented MySongBook from showing anything.

</titles>
    <authors>
    </authors>
    </properties>
    <lyrics>
    </lines>*
    </verse>*
    <verse name="v1">
    <lines>

* The converter created both lines with the * on them (they're there to point out which lines obstruct the file from showing). I erased them both and it looks great.
    Thank you for your effort.
    Hello,
    So I tried again with the same song and I identified a problem that prevented MySongBook from showing anything.

</titles>
    <authors>
    </authors>
    </properties>
    <lyrics>
    </lines>*
    </verse>*
    <verse name="v1">
    <lines>

* The converter created both lines with the * on them (they're there to point out which lines obstruct the file from showing). I erased them both and it looks great.
    I pasted the song lyrics from your previous message in, but it did not generate those lines. Would you have had 2 blank lines before the lyrics or does the first line of the lyrics have < 6 characters?

BTW I suggest that you make the El aire de tu casa (2005) line title El aire de tu casa (2005)

Code:
    If you could paste your lyrics into a message and then highlight it and then click on the CODE button
     (2nd from right on the top row), so that it ends up displayed in a box like this, it would really help in debugging.

Multiple spaces are preserved                                 whereas they are normally compacted down to 1 space.
    The CODE button looks like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johncc; 10/07/2012 at 07:55 PM.
    See if this version fixes it

OpenLyrics Song Generator
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I tried to convert this text using the new versemarker, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Verse2 and Bridge were added to the Chorus?
    Or did i get something wrong?

Another question:
    Is there a way to add more than one author?
    Code:
     author Tim Hughes 
    author Ben Cantelon
    gives me:
    Code:
        <verse name="v1">
          <lines>
            author Tim Hughes <br/>
            author Ben Cantelon
          </lines>
        </verse>
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    I tried to convert this text using the new versemarker, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Verse2 and Bridge were added to the Chorus?
    Or did i get something wrong?
    Each property must be on a line followed by a blank line. Two consecutive lines are interpreted as a verse.
    Code:
    author Tim Hughes 

author Ben Cantelon
    Can you post the troublesome Verse2 and Bridge text as CODE please.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Each property must be on a line followed by a blank line. Two consecutive lines are interpreted as a verse.
    Code:
    author Tim Hughes 

author Ben Cantelon
    Can you post the troublesome Verse2 and Bridge text as CODE please.
    Ah ok.
    Doesn't the pastebin work to copy it?

Code:
    [v]
    C
    When i stand in that place,
    F
    Free at last, meeting face to face,
    Am                          F
    I am yours, Jesus you are mine.
    C
    Endless joy, perfect peace,
    F
    Earthly pain finally will cease
    Am
    Celebrate, Jesus is alive,
    G
    He's alive!
    [b]     
    Am                  Em
    Oh, what a glorious day 
                    F 
    What a glorious way
    C
    That you have saved me!
    C                   Em
    Oh, what a glorious day
                    C
    What a glorious name
    I just thought pastebin would give a better readability to this thread
    When I processed that block the verse was recognised as v1, but the [b] wasn't recognised. I will have a look at that. (pastebin?)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    When I processed that block the verse was recognised as v1, but the [b] wasn't recognised. I will have a look at that. (pastebin?)
    I linked (<= this is a link) you the hole text in my first post in a pasteservice for code etc. where you can copy it like in codeblocks here in this forum.
    Notice that the [b] line actually produces
    Code:
    [b]     <br/>
    There are trailing spaces and so the line is 8 characters long and is interpretted as a lyrics line. I will have it strip trailing spaces and I'll let you know when it is fixed.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast