Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    TouchPad Text Editor is the new application I have been working on. It's my third released application. I plan on completely finishing it and then to release it in the official App Catalog.

    TouchPad Text Editor is a text editing application made for the HP TouchPad. You can create new text files, edit old ones, remove old files, and even create new directories in your system. Features search and replace functionality, spell-check, auto-capitalization and auto-correct options. Multitasking is done using tabs which increases your productivity as you can work on many files at the same time. Features both Windows and Linux/Mac line endings so your text files are compatible with the desired Operating System. You can even email your files using this application. Editing text files on your TouchPad has never been easier.


    If you like this app please consider supporting Manas Coding by downloading the full version in the Official HP Catalog. It's only $0.99USD and contains additional features. The full version contains a web-browser in which you can view either any site on the web or the current file you are writting. This makes TouchPad Text Editor perfect for writting HTML files as you can test them right away.
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ng.ttexteditor
    Thank You for your support!


    Also, if you notice any bug or any problem feel free to contact me. Also, if you have any suggestions to add.

    http://www.webosnation.com/touchpad-text-editor


    Version 1.0.1: Improved the search fuctionality and escaped characters.
    Version 1.0.2: Made it clear where to type to save the file.
    Version 1.0.5: Improved the search/replace functionality. Added help. Made couply of improvements that were suggested by the community. Changed name to TouchPad Text Editor Basic.
    Last edited by theone-cze; 06/08/2012 at 08:53 PM.
    silverbackdave likes this.
  2. #2  
    Hello,

    Is it designed only for the TouchPad, or can we try it on the Pre3 as well (and perhaps other phones) ?

    Is it easy to edit large files ? This question is both for technical (memory, performances, ...) and ergonomic aspects. I mean : does it have a "go to page/line" option ? scrollbars ? search and replace ?

    Thanks for sharing this app !

    Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by theone-cze View Post
    TouchPad Text Editor is the new application I have been working on. It's my third released application. I plan on completely finishing it and then to release it in the official App Catalog.

    TouchPad Text Editor is a text editing application made for the HP TouchPad. You can create new text files, edit old ones, remove old files, and even create new directories in your system. Features search and replace functionality, spell-check, auto-capitalization and auto-correct options. Multitasking is done using tabs which increases your productivity as you can work on many files at the same time. Features both Windows and Linux/Mac line endings so your text files are compatible with the desired Operating System. You can even email your files using this application. Editing text files on your TouchPad has never been easier.


    * Please note that search needs to be finished as it does not work when searching words only. However, replace should work well.

    Also, if you notice any bug or any problem feel free to contact me. Also, if you have any suggestions to add.

    http://www.webosnation.com/touchpad-text-editor
    I am dense I guess. Cannot figure out how to Save or Save-as. Seems to be no way to name the file, and it does not appear tp nzme using first n characters of the new file's text.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    I am dense I guess. Cannot figure out how to Save or Save-as. Seems to be no way to name the file, and it does not appear tp nzme using first n characters of the new file's text.
    There is a input box above where it says "Current DIR: /" I guess I should make that more clear. Version 1.0.2 now contains a message in the input to show where to type the file name in save.

    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hello,

    Is it designed only for the TouchPad, or can we try it on the Pre3 as well (and perhaps other phones) ?

    Is it easy to edit large files ? This question is both for technical (memory, performances, ...) and ergonomic aspects. I mean : does it have a "go to page/line" option ? scrollbars ? search and replace ?

    Thanks for sharing this app !

    Charly
    No only for the TouchPad. It terms of performance I edited the text file that had over 6000 lines and it worked relatively well. There was a delay but nothing that would prevent you from typing long files. It does have search/replace. It is for editing text files ( for example .txt) so the file itself will only be one page. It is not for editing document files like .doc.
    Last edited by theone-cze; 06/05/2012 at 10:18 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by theone-cze View Post
    There is a input box above where it says "Current DIR: /" I guess I should make that more clear. Version 1.0.2 now contains a message in the input to show where to type the file name in save.



    No only for the TouchPad. It terms of performance I edited the text file that had over 6000 lines and it worked relatively well. There was a delay but nothing that would prevent you from typing long files. It does have search/replace. It is for editing text files ( for example .txt) so the file itself will only be one page. It is not for editing document files like .doc.
    Thanks, found it! On my TP that space is the same color as tge backvround - there was no way to tell it was input space.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  6. #6  
    Suggestions:
    .
    1. In the new file entry box, change the greyed text to read: Type here to enter file name (select folder first)
    ......clarifies, and makes clear that the folder does need to be selected before entry as it is not saved during folder hunt-select
    .
    2. After I enter filename, it would be really hand to have 'Enter' make the save happen - so I don't have to disappear the keyboard. Or you could reduce the height of the save 'box'.
    .
    Nice app - much needed!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 06/05/2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  7. #7  
    Like the app, one addition: If I open a file and click the red X to close the tab it won't close if it is the only tab. I would expect a new empty tab instead.

    Keep up the good work
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Suggestions:
    .
    1. In the new file entry box, change the greyed text to read: Type here to enter file name (select folder first)
    ......clarifies, and makes clear that the folder does need to be selected before entry as it is not saved during folder hunt-select
    .
    2. After I enter filename, it would be really hand to have 'Enter' make the save happen - so I don't have to disappear the keyboard. Or you could reduce the height of the save 'box'.
    .
    Nice app - much needed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    Like the app, one addition: If I open a file and click the red X to close the tab it won't close if it is the only tab. I would expect a new empty tab instead.

    Keep up the good work

    Thanks for the suggestions I implemented I think most if not all in the latest release.

    The version now is 1.0.5b.
  9. #9  
    Thanks for this app. The TouchPad really needs a simple text app that doesn't rely upon the cloud (which isn't always available).

    I just purchased 1.0.5, and noticed that the my test file saved the line ends backwards: instead of carriage return (0Dh), line feed (0Ah), it's 0Ah 0Dh.

    I'm not sure I'm the most-qualified to comment on the UI, but I did find it to be a bit awkward to have to tap on a file name (on what appeared to be a button), and then have to tap the Open button. Could you add a double-tap to open the file name, or maybe at least bold the name of the file when it's tapped (to give some kind of feedback to the user)?

    Overall, it looks great. Thanks again, as I've been looking for an app like this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    Thanks for this app. The TouchPad really needs a simple text app that doesn't rely upon the cloud (which isn't always available).

    I just purchased 1.0.5, and noticed that the my test file saved the line ends backwards: instead of carriage return (0Dh), line feed (0Ah), it's 0Ah 0Dh.

    I'm not sure I'm the most-qualified to comment on the UI, but I did find it to be a bit awkward to have to tap on a file name (on what appeared to be a button), and then have to tap the Open button. Could you add a double-tap to open the file name, or maybe at least bold the name of the file when it's tapped (to give some kind of feedback to the user)?

    Overall, it looks great. Thanks again, as I've been looking for an app like this.
    I can't believe I switched \r\n thanks for pointing that out, I even looked it up if it was correct and still got it wrong. I did test a test file if it would open correctly in notepad and netbeans and it looked fine.

    I can look into the double tapping to open and save (save as) file, thanks for the suggestion.

    I will get an update up soon (Sat or Sun) with some additional corrections.

    Thanks again,
  11. #11  
    hi,
    i have tried to update but it failed.
    now it doesn't start anymore.

    update:
    i've found the reason.
    i had the free version, but now it links to the pay version
    Last edited by Hollyman; 06/09/2012 at 05:12 AM.
    greetings from Germany :-)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyman View Post
    hi,
    i have tried to update but it failed.
    now it doesn't start anymore.

    update:
    i've found the reason.
    i had the free version, but now it links to the pay version
    Could you please explain the problem in more detail, so I can work on a solution. It looks like more users are having the same issue.

    Thanks,
  13. #13  
    i had the free version, installed via preware. during update the message "update failed" came.
    Also i could not open it anymore.
    after checking preware again, i only found the pay version. so i'm thinking it links to this one.
    (i don't have the log file, because i deleted the app completely).
    Then installed it again with the link from WebOS Nation, and now it's working fine again.
    greetings from Germany :-)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyman View Post
    i had the free version, installed via preware. during update the message "update failed" came.
    Also i could not open it anymore.
    after checking preware again, i only found the pay version. so i'm thinking it links to this one.
    (i don't have the log file, because i deleted the app completely).
    Then installed it again with the link from WebOS Nation, and now it's working fine again.
    Thanks, I guess that was my mistake did not think this through, the new free app has a changed ID but the old one now points to the paid one.
  15. #15  
    Thanks for your app! After trying 1.01, 1.02, I just purchased the catalog version. Long live txt!
  16.    #16  
    I have submitted an update yesterday to HP for the paid version with bug fixes but also the ability to print files and a warning system to prevent you from accidently deleting edited files.


    Also, PLEASE, if you do not own the app STOP leaving one star reviews on the paid version. If you get an error in update from the official catalog you need to delete the app and download the new version from preware or if you like the app you can buy the paid version. The update from version 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 will not work automatically. I apologize for the inconvenience this might cost you.
    Last edited by theone-cze; 06/11/2012 at 02:40 PM.
    shneor likes this.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by theone-cze View Post
    I have submitted an update yesterday to HP for the paid version with bug fixes but also the ability to print files and a warning system to prevent you from accidently deleting edited files.


    Also, PLEASE, if you do not own the app STOP leaving one star reviews on the paid version. If you get an error in update from the official catalog you need to delete the app and download the new version from preware or if you like the app you can buy the paid version. The update from version 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 will not work automatically. I apologize for the inconvenience this might cost you.
    I really like this app, because I can write in three different alphabets - English, Hebrew and Arabic. It saves as shown, and the printouts are exactly the same. None of the other editors I have tried support anything but Latin characters.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theone-cze View Post
    If you get an error in update from the official catalog you need to delete the app and download the new version from preware or if you like the app you can buy the paid version. The update from version 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 will not work automatically. I apologize for the inconvenience this might cost you.
    I got suckered into doing just the wrong thing when Software Manager offered to update TTE along with another app. I didn't instantly recall that TTE was a Preware HB app, so I tapped "update all." This trashed the current TTE install, of course.

    I deleted TTE (which appeared to be successful) and attempted to install the App Catalog version, but that install failed. Now I have a TTE icon with a yellow triangle showing in Launcher, but I can't delete it and I can't go forward.

    Based on my experience with a prior failed app installation, I probably have some files I need to delete using Internalz Pro--but which ones and where?

    Dev, I'm going to need your guidance on this one.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I got suckered into doing just the wrong thing when Software Manager offered to update TTE along with another app. I didn't instantly recall that TTE was a Preware HB app, so I tapped "update all." This trashed the current TTE install, of course.

    I deleted TTE (which appeared to be successful) and attempted to install the App Catalog version, but that install failed. Now I have a TTE icon with a yellow triangle showing in Launcher, but I can't delete it and I can't go forward.

    Based on my experience with a prior failed app installation, I probably have some files I need to delete using Internalz Pro--but which ones and where?

    Dev, I'm going to need your guidance on this one.
    I don't think you need to delete any files. (However, I never had this happen) If you want the paid version and have not bought it yet you need to either remove the app completely ( or I think restarting will work if it has a yellow triangle), then you can purchase the app on catalog. If you have already paid for it but still update fails try restarting and try again but unfortunately this is beyond my control. If you want the preware version just download the new Preware version which ends in 1.0.5b, I believe after restart the other one should be gone.

    Hope this helps.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by theone-cze View Post
    I don't think you need to delete any files. (However, I never had this happen) If you want the paid version and have not bought it yet you need to either remove the app completely ( or I think restarting will work if it has a yellow triangle), then you can purchase the app on catalog. If you have already paid for it but still update fails try restarting and try again but unfortunately this is beyond my control. If you want the preware version just download the new Preware version which ends in 1.0.5b, I believe after restart the other one should be gone.
    I would remove the failed install of the paid app, but there's no "X" on the Launcher icon, just the yellow triangle. Restarting doesn't make it go away, so there must be something persistent in the TP's file structure that shouldn't be there, something that webOS interprets as an incomplete installation. Oh, and the app entry In the App Catalog shows "Failed" on the purchase button instead of the price. I also tried installing the Preware version--it installs just fine, but doesn't get rid of the icon for the paid version.

    Would you at least list the paths where your paid app installs files, so that I can check them and clear them out? I also need to know if the installer modifies any system files, in case there's a spurious entry in one of them.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions