1.    #1  
    Picross is a game in which solving a puzzle creates a picture. Use the clues at the top and side to determine which blocks to fill in!

This game demo includes 48 original 8x8 Picross puzzles. The full version has 192, plus a builder with which you can create your own puzzles.

full version:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...enduin.picross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Puzzle 1-D Normal.
    Is it right? The definition does not seem consistent to me.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    It is. Hint: It's a dog

By the way, this game is awesome and one of the major things currently that keeps me from working on anything sensible

Could you maybe add a "Random puzzle" button, such that the puzzle is a randomly chosen pattern?
    Or maybe larger lattices?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Puzzle 1-D Normal.
    Is it right? The definition does not seem consistent to me.
    is there an ambiguity here? (filling in everything correctly according to the clues but still not winning) I'd like to fix it if there is, but I can't find any solution other than the intended one... Post a screenshot if you've satisfied all the clues but not won, I'll want to know about and correct it.

happy puzzling!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    It is. Hint: It's a dog ;)

By the way, this game is awesome and one of the major things currently that keeps me from working on anything sensible ;)

Could you maybe add a "Random puzzle" button, such that the puzzle is a randomly chosen pattern?
    Or maybe larger lattices? :)
    Random puzzle generation gets tough, since it's easy to make a puzzle with ambiguous clues. I really should bite the bullet and write a brute-force solver to be able to check for that. The random puzzles wouldn't be any interesting pictures, but might be fun anyway. I'll have to do some experimentation when I have the time.

As for bigger grids, I may someday write a version with a split-screen zoom view (I want this to be playable on screens as small as a pixi, remember) ...of course, then I have to come up with _another_ several hundred puzzles. :^)
    Hey, just wanted to say your app is cool
    IAmA reddit - same reddit, webOS' looks
    Incoming! - Keep one step ahead of life's little curveballs.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tehtorq View Post
    Hey, just wanted to say your app is cool
    Thank you! I'm glad you're having fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    It is. Hint: It's a dog

By the way, this game is awesome and one of the major things currently that keeps me from working on anything sensible

Or maybe larger lattices?
    ok, let me try it out again hmmmm