Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    BirthdayList v.1.0.2

webos 2.x or 3.x required

New in v.1.0.3:
    - pre3 support

The application shows all your on-device contact's birthdays (from all accounts) and allows to add reminders to them. Tap a person to contact him/her.

Works great on smarphones and the TouchPad, thanks to Enyo framework*

Screenshots talk for themselves - check them out.

*Enyo framework must be installed via HP Maps update, webOS 2.2.x update or manually, using Preware.

The app has been to the Precentral Homebrew Feed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ahsirg; 04/29/2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Great App Ryhor!
    Once again superb homebrew by You!
    I have one suggestion: tap to contact name within Your app to choose 'Send an email' and 'Send a SMS' or even 'Call with Greetings'.
    Can be done?

Best regards!
    -pretoo-
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for kind words

Can be done?
    Sure, right now I am thinking of how to do that without sacrificing overall "cleanness" of the UI. It will be done soon
    Perfect app
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Thanks for kind words

Sure, right now I am thinking of how to do that without sacrificing overall "cleanness" of the UI. It will be done soon
    You're right - Your app is nice and clean. I think that everybody wish to stay that way.
    So IMHO linking to another app (Phone, Message, Email)should be via popup option (when contact clicked)or via single 'Contact' button.

You really make my day by developing this app. It was one functionality that was missing in webOS from day one.
    I have almost forget about how important it is to remember about birthdays . Now it's easier with Your app!

-p-
    Orange [PL]
    Great app and a shiny UI. Good to have choices between mass import of 'Birthday Events' and this List, showing the age where possible, for single adding of birthdays.
    Great app! Something that has been missing and requested from the community and that synergy alone was supposed to handle. But for us, we have an amazing developer community!
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    its really nice ,simple and clean looking and very handy too
    thankyou so much ahsirg for this app ...any chance this ll work on Veer too ?? wud b great ....
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  9.    #9  
    I think it should work on the veer "out of the box". Try it out - if there are bugs, i'll try sorting them out.
    Just put this on my TouchPad, looks great! I've strayed away from Facebook and looks like this will fill in the gap. Thanks
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11.    #11  
    Update. ZIP attachment removed for consistency reasons. Find the app in Precental feed.

New in v.1.0.2:
    - contact the person by tapping on his name/photo
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Update. ZIP attachment removed for consistency reasons. Find the app in Precental feed.

New in v.1.0.2:
    - contact the person by tapping on his name/photo
    Great update for the great app!
    Your app was good for itself (v.1.0.1) 'couse it was filling the gap that webOS needed (or I've needed).
    What comes with 1.0.2 is simple way to make me happy for rest of the day!
    Finally I have an app that leads from supporting my memory to giving those who I care prove I am so in two simple steps!
    Thanx!
    -pretoo-
    Orange [PL]
    Any chance of making it fullscreen on the Pre3? Great app by the way!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Dear ahsirg,
    once again thanx for this beautiful app ,and i just noticed u have mentioned that one can call also directly by tapping the foto or app , but "contact the person by tapping on his name/photo" is not working for me .
    m on PRE2 ..is it me or anyone else too having this issue...
    or the call option will activate automatically on the actual birthday of that person..not if i try to call him before ..m just wondering.....
    adding reminder is no problem ,it works perfectly ..
    i downloaded the app from preware ...shud i try installing again
  15.    #15  
    pre3 support will come in a next release.

Maybe you still have 1.0.1? try reinstalling. I use a pre2 and it works fine.
    ya u wr right ...i was having 1.0.1, i reinstalled and it works awessom...thankyou..
    i tried on veer ,its on 2.1.2 ,i can install the app but the app is not loading the contacts ...it is just stuck...it has enyo 1.0 framework installed also as mentioned by you ...i dont know what i am doing wrong....i tried deleting-reinstalling also 2-3 times ,but none worked....pl help..
    also i was thinking if tapping on the person name/photo could give one more option to take us to his facebook wall / profile - it wud be nice addition........
  19.    #19  
    tovivekmishra, sorry i don't think i will be doing something Facebook oriented
    About the veer problem - make sure 100% you have enyo in /usr/palm/frameworks. Otherwise, I can't seem to get what can be the problem. I tried on webOS 2.1 simulator - the app worked

To all,
    Version 1.0.3 with pre3 support has been released.
  20.    #20  
    If anyone needs the source, it is on SF

https://sourceforge.net/p/bdaylist-webos/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast