1.    #1  
    Noticed these at the top of the homebrew app section and immediately opened Preware to check them out. Couldn`t find any threads on them (if there is one, the amazing search failed to turn it up). Pretty strong disclaimer on the app pages that these are just in a test state. I could only find the QML one in Preware, but I installed it on my Touchpad, and it works pretty good. Doesn`t have on-screen keyboard integration, but works very well with the HP bluetooth keyboard. Looking forward to see what comes from this. One goofy thing I noticed is it types a back-quote instead of an apostrophe when you hit the apos/single quote key.

Link: http://www.webosnation.com/a-browser-qml-test
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/30/2012 at 09:57 PM.
    I have seen this too this morning on TouchPad's Preware. But I haven't install it on my TouchPad, due to the dev said that it 'may' work or not on Touchpad.

I'm curious to know how good it works on Pre3. If this app can works better then Pre stock browser, I bet lots of people will donate him as reward of his very hard work.

Edit: well I just installed it on my Pre3. I tried open webos nation website, and it loads very very slow, zoom in/out not works. Pre3 seems very hard to render it, seems it is very heavy for Pre3 hardware.
    Last edited by The Bard; 01/31/2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Installed it on my touchpad and using it now. It works, rough around the edges, but works. The on screen keyboard doesn`t work so I`m using the bluetooth which is working. Had to type in the full URL to this site rather than my usual lazy leaving off the front "http://" or it would go looking for a local file instead. So basically, yes it works on the touchpad IF you have a bluetooth keyboard although obviously a work in progress. It`s great to see an alternative!
    will this work on pixi plus
  5.    #5  
    It's probably an ARM7 binary, and the Pixi is ARM6.
    wont even launch on my pre3?!!? it installs fine, press launch from preware or laucher and the blue button and white light (respectively) appear but then nothing! have tried reboot, reinstall, reboot and it still has same effect. will try one final reinstall before giving up
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    wont even launch on my pre3?!!? it installs fine, press launch from preware or laucher and the blue button and white light (respectively) appear but then nothing! have tried reboot, reinstall, reboot and it still has same effect. will try one final reinstall before giving up
    Works ok on my Pre 3. There is a lag of a few seconds before the home page renders, but then it's pretty snappy.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    it... works. i noticed page loads took somewhere around forever, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, as it turns out, it's pretty slow. For a quick straight port, it is a good proof of concept that porting a browser to webOS is possible. Do any other linux browsers utilize QT? Perhaps not or we might have seen one ported by now. I don't do much on Linux except play around and run the metadoctor.
    My question about it, is how catalog-possible is that in it's current implementation? Not that you'd want to catalog it in it's current state, but is the whole thing built in a way that it could be catalogged? Preware is nice, but catalog is nicer.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    it... works. i noticed page loads took somewhere around forever, though.
    What device are you using? I tried it and I would describe it as unusable one a pre2 running 2.2.4
    What about:

February: Intended project governance model, QT WebKit extensions, JavaScript core, UI Enyo widgets
    HP to Commit webOS to Open Source by Fall 2012
    i tried to reinstall from preware, but device (pre3) restarted during install! totally messed up the app now! is there a way to remove all of it and start fresh on the app? I mean similar to EPR, not doctor.
    would somebody be able to send me the app renamed to something else so it installs afresh seperately?
    i still cant get either browser to work on my pre3, even the updated one. do u need something else installed for these to work?
  16.    #16  
    That's weird. I have both on my Pre2. No dependencies that I know of.
    Anybody know what file to hack to change the start page from google to something else? For a touchpad user who does not have a bluetooth keyboard is is nearly useless, but would work much better if the start page were changed to a news type website where there are many links to follow.