webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > PreFuel
PreFuel
Like Tree2Likes

Old 01/11/2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

CURRENT VERSION: 2.0.2

Description EN:
PreFuel is an app, that searches for actual fuelprices for any place in Germany and any type of fuel avalible in Germany. It shows all prices, that have been up-to-date within the last 24 hours.
The app is in German, because it's only usable in Germany.

Beschreibung DE:
PreFuel ist eine Anwendung, die aktuelle Benzinpreise in Deutschland für alle mglichen Benzinsorten sucht. Es werden alle Preise angezeigt, die innerhalb der letzten 24 Stunden aktualisiert wurden.

Usage EN:
Up to 5 favorite search locations can be selected in the options menu. This locations can be searched for fuel prices with one click. You can also use the GPS-Search.
Also a name of a location or a PLZ can be entered manually. Using the name of a city, the search will only show fuelstations in this city. Using PLZ (at least 2, better 3) you will find some more fuelstations in the surrounding area.
The selection of fuel type is used by every other search method.

Bedienung DE:
Bis zu 5 Ortsangaben können zur Schnellwahl gespeichert werden. Alternativ kann die GPS-Suche benutzt werden. Wenn ein Ortsname eingegeben wird, werden nur Tankstellen innerhalb dieses Ortes angezeigt. Wenn die PLZ benutzt wird (mindestens 2, besser 3 Stellen) werden auch Tankstellen aus der Umgebung angezeigt.

Installation:
The app can be installed from preware or using the install-paket from the apps webpage on webosnations.com.

Licensing:
This app is available for free, but cannot be redistributed, and the source code is not open source.

Changelog:
2.0.2 (20.12.2013)
- Patch by patty21 (Thanks a lot!)
- Data sources changed to MTS-K (diesel and all sorts of super available)
2.0.1 (23.04.2012)
- Made settings page scrollable, so that it can be completely viewed on the veer and phones with smaller displays
2.0.0 (23.03.2012)
- Added GPS-Search (based on PLZ from GPS-Reverselookup)
- Added up to 5 favorite search locations
- Added restore of last (non favorite) search at startup
1.1.2 (18.02.2012)
- Changed method to start maps application. This MIGHT resolv some issues on older Phones running 1.4.5
- Back gesture is now avalible
1.1.1 (29.01.2012)
- Made help page scrollable, so that it can be completely viewed on the veer and phones with smaller displays
1.1.0 (21.01.2012)
- Linking addresses to maps application
- "Scrim" display during selection of fuel type, in order to avoid misalignment
- minor changes like correcting spelling mistakes
1.0.0 (11.01.2012)
- Initial release
Attached Images
File Type: png prefuelbeta_2012-23-03_223319.png (37.9 KB, 16 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by raudi85; 03/05/2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: new version 2.0.2
raudi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Lord Nelson, lulilola
Old 01/12/2012, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sehr schönes App, hat aber Probleme mit Städten, die Umlaute im Namen haben. Bei diesen werden keine Daten gefunden ....

P.S: über PLZ gehts dann doch!

Last edited by michel_ng; 01/12/2012 at 11:22 AM.
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Oh mit Umlauten im Ortsnamen hatte ich es gar nicht getestet. Aber das kann ich mir vorstellen. Mit den Umlauten stehe ich noch auf Kriegsfuss. Deshalb heißt es unter Hilfe auch "Autor" und nicht "Über"...

I haven't tested it with names of locations, that consist of german special-characters. But I can imagine this cousing trouble. At the moment I am still in war with those special-characters in enyo. Thats why the caption unter "help" is calles "autor" and not "über" (=about).

Last edited by raudi85; 01/13/2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: let's make it bilangual^^
Old 01/13/2012, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Gute App, funzt schnell auf meinem Pre2.

Bei mit dem Enyo Framework erstellten Apps kann man leider mom keine Umlaute eingeben (siehe auch HP Karten). Oops i'm in the webosnations Forum, so Enyo has problems with Umlauts entering it even does not work in HP's own HP Maps/Karten. Only way is JustType the word/city and Copy/Paste it into the searchfield. This works in HP Maps, but for now not in your app. The author of the enyo app DataJog http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...a-testers.html too had his problems with Umlauts in Enyo in the beginning, perhaps try to contact him http://forums.webosnation.com/members/443684.html .

Other from that a GPS search of place would also be great and when selecting an entry, the HP Maps app could open to guide you to the fuel station. For this function there is an other app 'Bensinjakt' which shows you the way but only very static.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 03:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Thanks a lot for this additions.

So now I have some points for my to-do list
Old 01/14/2012, 05:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Für erste Version nicht schlecht, da ist aber noch viel zu verbessern:
1. In Beschreibung steht "any type of fuel available in Germany". Ich vermisse BioEthanol/E85. Ohne E85 ist die App wertlos für mich.
2. Auf meinen Pre3 taucht die Spritauswahl auf verschiedensten Positionen, manchmal ist die Auswahl gar nicht möglich. Siehe beigelegte screen captures.
3. Es wäre schön die aktuelle position durch GPS bestimmen zu können und in die Umgebung zu suchen, oder maximale Alter der angezeigten Daten einstellen zu können.

In heutigen Stand wären es 2 Sterne von mir. Für E85 erhöhe ich es um 1 Stern, und wenn auch die Auswahl richtig funktioniert kriegst du 4 Sterne. Ich werde keine Bewertung schlechter als 4 Sterne abgeben.
GeorgeKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2012, 02:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hallo,

planst Du eine Option, Preise einzugeben, damit man selbst zur Aktualität der Daten beitragen kann?

Gruss Marcel
mgmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 02:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

GPS location would be a must-have and then have the list sorted by price or distance. Wouldn't be bad to send the results to MapTool Pro. I can give you a copy of it if you want.
Cross-App Launching - WebOS101
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 05:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

there seems to be much interest for your app
Could it be you use clever-tanken.de as database?
If so i would have some more suggestions for version ahhh 4.5 or so
A filter for "Autobahnnähe" textfield like A70 or B22 or a
"Autohof" =Ja
Would be very nice for driving on the Autobahn and wanting to know if it is worth to drive another 30km.

Tankstelle - Shell Scheinfelder Str. Geiselwind
Old 01/18/2012, 05:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

This is nice! Where are the data from?

Would it be possible to
a) open maps with the address of a site
b) use the own location for search
c) sort the found sites optionally by the distance to the own location?
d) after sorting by distance: do some coloring: color all sites green who are distinctly below the meridian and color all sites red who are distinct above meridian

Please keep on working!

(this is a copy of my comment, since I did not found this thread in the first place.)
konus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2012, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for this app! It came just in time with my "new" used car. Is it possible to expand the search for Switzerland and Austria?
ElGrapaduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2012, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

First of all, I want to thank you all for that massive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKF View Post
1. In Beschreibung steht "any type of fuel available in Germany". Ich vermisse BioEthanol/E85. Ohne E85 ist die App wertlos für mich.
Unfortunately there are no serious sources for prices of E85. If those will become avalible, I will of course include them in the app.

Quote:
2. Auf meinen Pre3 taucht die Spritauswahl auf verschiedensten Positionen, manchmal ist die Auswahl gar nicht möglich. Siehe beigelegte screen captures.
I tried many times on my Pre3 and on the emulator. No chance to recreate that mistake.
But with update 1.1.0 I made the screen "scrim" when the list of fuel types is shown. I hope the list will now appear on the button everytime.
It would be very nice, if I could get some feedback on this from all of you.

Quote:
3. Es wäre schön die aktuelle position durch GPS bestimmen zu können und in die Umgebung zu suchen, oder maximale Alter der angezeigten Daten einstellen zu können.
GPS search seems possible. Perhaps I can introduce that with one of the next versions.
The possibility of changing the maximum lifetime of data needs a lot of work for a very little effect. So at the moment I am not planning to introduce that feature in a near future release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
Hallo,
planst Du eine Option, Preise einzugeben, damit man selbst zur Aktualität der Daten beitragen kann?
The app crawls the prices from different sources all over the internet and merges them. (That routines are actually the heart and I had fun working with them. The app was kind of effect to that.) So there is no possibilty to add data except the fuelprice webpages in the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
GPS location would be a must-have and then have the list sorted by price or distance. Wouldn't be bad to send the results to MapTool Pro. I can give you a copy of it if you want.
Thanks a lot. As I told above GPS search is one of my next goals.
Because I don't get the GPS location of the fuel stations, I have gone with the address and the maps app in version 1.1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Could it be you use clever-tanken.de as database?
If so i would have some more suggestions for version ahhh 4.5 or so
A filter for "Autobahnnähe" textfield like A70 or B22 or a
"Autohof" =Ja
Would be very nice for driving on the Autobahn and wanting to know if it is worth to drive another 30km.
As written above I am using multiple sources an fuel prices and merging them in order to get the most up-to-date prices.
So I can't use all those additional informations provided by clever-tanken.de.
Also I agree with you, that this would be a really useful information, when driving on the Autobahn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konus View Post
Would it be possible to
a) open maps with the address of a site
b) use the own location for search
c) sort the found sites optionally by the distance to the own location?
d) after sorting by distance: do some coloring: color all sites green who are distinctly below the meridian and color all sites red who are distinct above meridian
Had these questions before. So here are the short answers:
a) done in version 1.1.0 - avalible now
b) will be done in the future
c) / d) no plans at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGrapaduro View Post
Thanks for this app! It came just in time with my "new" used car. Is it possible to expand the search for Switzerland and Austria?
Unless there are more internet sources on fuel prices in Switzerland and Austria, I see no change to expand the search. And if, it wouldtechnically be easier to create a seperate app for every country.
Old 01/22/2012, 05:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Thx for Update 1.1.0 - tested Pre3 and fuel type list seems to stay in position now.

For smaller cities it would be nice to have data older than 24h, as they seem not to update as often. I know the prices aren't nearly correct then, but if i'm new to a city a listing of fuelstations helps perhaps, and is more than having an empty list. Perhaps displaying a button 'Alle Preise sind älter als 24h. Dennoch anzeigen?' would be nice.

Thx again for this useful app and great to hear it relys on multiple sources in the web.These kind of open apps are more useful then all the site specific apps flooding app stores.
Old 01/22/2012, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Das Runterscrollen im Hilfemenü funktioniert nicht

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2012, 12:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Feature request: Add Tankampel into the app. It's a simple picture that tells you if it's good to refuel: Tankampel.de - Sagt, ob es heute günstig ist zu tanken - von benzinpreis.de
Old 01/23/2012, 02:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Das Runterscrollen im Hilfemenü funktioniert nicht

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Oh damn...I haven't thought of the veer. I made the helppage fit exactly to the Pre3 screen.
I will make it scrollable during the next days and upload it as version 1.1.1.
Old 01/25/2012, 01:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hi,

thanks for this great app. Do you get GPS coordinates of the gas stations? Because then it would be great if you could add the option to route to the station via Navit: Patch BFGmaps and klicktel to support Navit for routing

Marcel
mgmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2012, 07:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

Very Handy App. Thanx so far.

Thanx also that you made it runable on my Pixi-plus with 1.4.5. I read, that you used the enyo framework, so i think i can use it since the HP Maps were installed properly on my Pixi. The screen of the Pixi is like the screen on the veer, i think.
Besides, this was only possible with doctoring my Pixi. After that the HP Maps were installed and ready.

In addition to other requests - I know, there are many of them and I think it is your time an fun, what you will program into your app - i have also some feedback and Ideas:

1. I found that by klicking the adress of a fuelstation, Hp Maps opens up but is not showing a Map with the requestet adress. I cant read something in the Search-Field, so i Think, the adress isnt sent (?) to maps or grabbed from maps. But Remember, i have a Pixi plus under 1.4.5. Fixing this will be fine.

2. In addition to GPS-Location and automatic search in the near region, i think something like a favorites list would be fine, so you dont need repeated entering Cities or plz, when you often drive the same routes

Keep on going and dont forget about the first time webos-useres, who stick with their "old" devices and WebOS 1.4.5, because they are working.

Thanx

Achim
achimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2012, 07:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
Do you get GPS coordinates of the gas stations?
Marcel
Unfortunately I don't get those coordinates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achimi View Post
1. I found that by klicking the adress of a fuelstation, Hp Maps opens up but is not showing a Map with the requestet adress. I cant read something in the Search-Field, so i Think, the adress isnt sent (?) to maps or grabbed from maps. But Remember, i have a Pixi plus under 1.4.5. Fixing this will be fine.
This very hard (acutally not possible for me) to test and debug, because the avalible 1.4.5 image for the HP emulator still has Google-Maps. The only option I found, is that perhaps the 1.4.5 is not capable of handling an address as json while launching maps. I changed that method so that the address of the gasstation is handed over by URL to the maps application.
I hope today's update (1.1.2) will work for you. Please report in.

I also tried to create a link to the smartphone webinterface of Google-Maps. But somehow google seems not to allow handling over addresses from an external source to that interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achimi View Post
2. In addition to GPS-Location and automatic search in the near region, i think something like a favorites list would be fine, so you dont need repeated entering Cities or plz, when you often drive the same routes
I have thought of that already. At the moment I am determining whether a bigger list of favorites(3 - 5) or a "last-3-stations" would be better. One of these will make it to the app.
What do you think?
Old 02/18/2012, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

3-last-stations and a additional staring for alltime favorites well ok the question was one of both, hhhm a hard one...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0