1.    #1  
    I'm working on a cash register app for the Touchpad. This would be suitable for yard sales, flea markets, etc.

I've looked at the apps on the iPhone/iPad and they're all toys. My app will be loosely based on real cash registers and on some touch-based POS apps.

Would appreciate any suggestions from other devs. Also, I still don't see any way to submit app to precentral. I've watched the video, but the site doesn't look like that anymore.
  2.    #2  
    I can't believe what I'm seeing. To write a file on webos (which 90%+ of applications need to do) is horrendously complicated, and of course virtually undocumented. Everything in webos is virtually undocumented, of course; the documentation is voluminous yet nearly information-free.

You guys have done an amazing job just getting anything to work on this platform. I salute you! As for me, I don't think I have the patience for so much wheel-reinvention.
  3.    #3  
    subscribe thread
    Actually, you probably don't need to write to files, you should probably use the database methods to store data. If you're using a web app, you can use localStorage for a fairly large chunk of data, otherwise, look into the Database kinds.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    That's a good suggestion. It would make things much easier, if I can get it to work. I'll see if I can find some usable documentation and/or samples of database methods.