Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Just got updated -- wider display on TouchPad looks great. Running app outside of Exhibition mode results in no card, though.

I don't know what configurable options there are here, if any, because I can't launch it outside of exhibition mode, and there don't seem to be any options buttons in exhibition mode.. but, i'd like to see a way to have it not include dates with no events scheduled. Also, could the dates on the calendar side that do have events scheduled be rendered in bold?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Yes, the problem is that after presentation mode the app stays in memory. And the standard launch and exhibition shares the same stage. I wasn't able to have a second stage and still receive calendar events from the EventManager service. I thought I had figured it out, but it doesn't look like. I will try to kill the exhibiton stage and recreate a normal app stage on normal launch. Don't know if it will work.
    As you can see, the issue is known, and webOS itself is to blame.

I haven't tried the update yet, but judging from the screenshots it looks great on the TP! If only it also had a clock
    hmm. I haven't seen that in my playing with Exhibition in Enyo stuff, but I have seen lots of problems with some other apps and Exhibition mode.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It a similar issue I have with Accuweather on TP.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I haven't tried the update yet, but judging from the screenshots it looks great on the TP! If only it also had a clock
    A clock... Can you draw a short idea where and how you would like it? Beneath the calendar maybe?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I just installed the 12/18 update, and noticed a problem. Neither the exhibition mode or the app would launch after the install. I did a device reset and it worked fine. Not sure if the app should trigger a luna restart?
  7.    #47  
    No, the app shouldn't trigger a luna restart, is just an app with an appid which allows her to read calendar events. There is a known problem which prevents a launch when the app is still running in background as exhibition app (something exhibition mode is designed for), but after a reinstall it shouldn't. have no other suggestion as performing a reset or a reinstall or both and see if it cures it.
    MetaView

Super app!!!

Suggestion to improve readability (and Space use):

For events with times ...
    1. Reduce font size of the start time, change its color to be the same as that of the event description, and line it up to match the all day events
    2. Move the description onto the same line as the start time (leave 2-3 spaces) - leave its font color, size as it is now
    3. Move duration onto the second line (under start time), indented 4 paces from the start time

I think this would make the appearance neater and easier to follow.

Another suggestion - make duration optional.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Metaview:

Regarding clock addition .... Make it digital and ....

For TP
    ====
    Put it under the month calendar

For phones
    =======
    1. Move day-of-week and week-numb to the right side and merge with what is there now just to the left of date
    2. Put clock on left side at top
    Dave
    Just got the 12/20 update, looks great. Runs outside of exhibition now

So, the first time it ran in exhibition after updating, shortly after, the calendar app launched for no obvious reason.

Also, the calendar colors off option doesn't seem to .. stay on completely reliably. I'm not sure why it's updating it's display so frequently, but every couple of minutes, the colors will show, and then about 15 seconds later or so, disappear for a few more minutes.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  11.    #51  
    Interesting, calendar colors in exhibiton mode or standard launch? And had you AgendaZ open before it went to exhibition mode? And which device?
    Sorry .. it's on TouchPad. It seems to have stopped doing that weird updating thing with the colors flashing on briefly then off, at least in Exhibition mode. I'm not getting the calendar opening up either. Perhaps first-run glitches, somehow?

It's working beautifully now. I love it, and I really -really- think this is totally what Palm should've had in the stock version. If ever this sort of thing were to be allowed in the catalog, you should sell it.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Would it be possible to either make this app look like the old Agenda app or to update the old Agenda app to work on 2.x. I really thought that was the best look for an agenda app, it looked like a native app, very sharp.
    my gf just woke up and noticed my touchpad in the AgendaZ screen.. now she wants it. yay!
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    MetaView likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    A clock... Can you draw a short idea where and how you would like it? Beneath the calendar maybe?
    I' d like a (bigger) clock also.

a very nice place and size would be above the day ("Mittwoch") in the same size like the date ("21").

(there´s a clock in the top bar, but that is small. I have my Pre sitting on it' s TS right in front of me and set it to not auto-off on me while on the TS. that way I have a nice agenda view right in front of me)
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by acharpy22 View Post
    Would it be possible to either make this app look like the old Agenda app or to update the old Agenda app to work on 2.x. I really thought that was the best look for an agenda app, it looked like a native app, very sharp.
    Sorry, not from me. I rather like the new view. Fits better to a modern OS and I think it's very easily readable.
    1) whats missing is transparency. When I set my wall paper on the agenda z, I would want a slider, where I can make my wallpaper less or more opaque, this would make the agenda more readable.
    2) Plus the image gets really stretched when going from landscape to portrait or vice versa, maye do the image the same way webOS handles it, doesnt resize.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  18.    #58  
    I'm more than glad I was able to get it full screen...
    MetaView:

Hopefully this not just a "my brain is still asleep" moment ...

Two things missing from the TP version running as an app:

1. Needs a refresh button on top view - I leave it running 'behind' Clearview and it is stuck on yesterday
    2. Need a way to escape from the Help view back to top view

and a third item - in the help view, include a link to this forum thread.

THANKS!
    Dave
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Great app! I agree with others regarding adding a clock. Digital, top center (similar to std exhibition clock) would be the icing on the cake!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast