Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1.    #161  
    Sorry, my fault. I just looked into the patch file. It depends on Tweaks. Install Tweaks app and enable the notifications. I need to update the patch to disable the Tweaks stuff as long as I don't know how to create a correct Tweaks installation file..
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I'm confused. Your latest patch doesn't show up in tweaks. Which patch are you suggesting I use on the Pre2?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #163  
    Yeah, you need the tweaks stuff from the old patch and then this new patch. But I will change the patch to skip the tweaks settings.
  4.    #164  
    Just another try. Seems I uploaded an old file before. Hope this works better now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alan Morford and Rnp like this.
    I love it. Working great. Wrote you on Twitter.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quick update: last patch enabled both my Pre3 and Pre2 to work great with the watch. Macaw notifications didn't work though. Also, if the process wasn't running and I get a new notification, the process and app launch but it won't connect with the watch. Pinging won't reconnect it either. You have to close it all and then launch mwatch to bring it back.

Great progress here though. I hope you keep developing for it!!
    Follow me on Twitter
    I'm confused.. we just need this last patch from a few posts back, not the one from the front page or the one from Preware, right? Just got a Pebble Time Steel and the only notifications that I can get to work are call notifications (decline call works, didn't try reply with message - don't really expect that to work on webOS). Music control also seems to work. The test ring in the app works, but test message does not. Am I doing something wrong?
  8.    #168  
    Seems Pebble changed the messages again or my implementation wasn't robust enough. Happens for me too. I will look into it this week and make an update. Thx.
    Same here. Calls work. Ping works. No SMS or email or Project Macaw.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Hi Metaview, would be awesome to get this working - I didn't even know that integration with smartwatches was possible until I stumbled upon this thread. I have ordered a Pebble Steel to have a go. Good luck the update!

TLUK
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I looked briefly at the Pebble API docs, but couldn't readily tell if the messaging, call, email, Twitter, etc notifications were part of an open API or a private one. I'm guessing private and they have made breaking changes in the device firmware.
    Oh, so that might mean getting the notifications back / fixed might be difficult / impossible...?
    Is it possible to reflash the firmware on the watch to an earlier version, if indeed the latest update has broken the functionality?
    There's a way to do that with the pebble watch pro app on Windows phone.

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    I just came across this from another thread. Simple xbmc controller. It doesn't say which Sony watch. Any use?
    https://github.com/error454/xbmc-smartwatch
    Well, Pebble maintains a project in their github repo that communicates with the watches. So, while it may be "closed", it is somewhat open.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Grabber5.0 and treolivesuk like this.
    OK, so I've downgraded my Pebble Steel firmware from v3 to v2.9 successfully, following the tutorial in this video:

but, when I have successfully reflashed v2.9, the Pebble displays as an 'audio' device in my Veer's bluetooth setting (not 'other' like on the v3 firmware), and although I can pair the Pebble and my Veer, it cannot connect to the watch after that.

Looks like v3 is my only option at present to get the watch to talk to my Veer. EDIT: As something to try, I am going to try and pair --> communicate with a 2.1.2 ATT Veer, not just the 2.2.4 ATT Veer as described above...

TLUK
    Last edited by treolivesuk; 03/11/2016 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Trying different Veer firmware
    When you say "it can't connect to the watch after that" do you mean mwatch? Things to try also is the patch from the first post/preware and the app from preware. Latest patches and app might have broken functionality with older firmwares.

Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    When you say "it can't connect to the watch after that" do you mean mwatch? Things to try also is the patch from the first post/preware and the app from preware. Latest patches and app might have broken functionality with older firmwares.

No, I haven't got as far as Metaview's M-watch app yet - what I mean is, in the webOS Bluetooth app, once the watch is successfully paired, it does not auto-connect to the Veer as most of my other BT devices do; when I select the Pebble in the webOS Bluetooth settings, it states in red that it cannot connect to the device. It seems to be a problem on the OS level, not with M-Watch
    Ah ha. Once the initial pairing is complete in bluetooth settings with the watch, that's it. Open mwatch and the app does the rest my friend.

Follow me on Twitter
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast