Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1.    #141  
    Patch updated, see first post. Now it patches the music app to support play/pause and prev/next from your Pebble.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Grabber5.0 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Patch updated, see first post. Now it patches the music app to support play/pause and prev/next from your Pebble.
    Great. Thank you.

You should change 3. from your first post (not from preware).
    And maybe add "ignore error-message" to point 4.
    In light of the recent Pebble announcement, how is development progressing? Is there anything we can do to help out? I'm loving this project. Huge thanks Metaview.

It would obviously be more complicated than notification support, but I would gladly donate if we could get HTTPebble working for internet connected watchfaces and apps. Especially with Pebble's new OS features.
    The sooner you donate, the sooner Metaview can buy a new Pebble to test on!

I don't think the new one comes out until April though.
    I have source code to a service version of the Pebble stuff in my github. Was trying to allow the service to control music directly (like a wireless A2DP headset).

I might have to poke at it some more. My goal was/is to have it "modular" so that other models of devices could be easily supported. I dunno.... longing for more webOS coding.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    wareagleben, barryb20 and Rnp like this.
    I'm having trouble getting notifications (other than calls) to show up. Do I need to install mgmft's patch in Preware as well as Metaview's patch?

Edit: I uninstalled the patch Metaview linked in the first post and installed mgmft's patch from preware. Problem solved!
    Last edited by wareagleben; 03/02/2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    It seems that the Update to 3.0 got some changes. I get calling infos, but no notifications, even the one from the testing function inside the app. Would you mind looking into that?
    Rnp likes this.
  8.    #148  
    Urlaubszeit - Reisezeit
    Sorry, I was in vacation. I will look into this during the next days.
  9.    #149  
    Oh my, I don't got the 3.0 update yet. And... my replacement watch is broken again. Looks like water inside again. Haven't open it yet, will contact Pebble tonight and ask about another replacement. The first watch was definitively killed by some water inside. Strange thing for a water-resisted watch.
    That's so strange, I go swimming and showering with it all the time, no problems...
    Can I help you with logs or something?

Could be a relevant discussion: https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Ga...idge/issues/24
    Last edited by pattyland; 09/02/2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added Link
    I just got a Pebble Steel. I'm glad to see this still works for calls. Metaview, any idea on how to get notifications back? I'm on 3.8.2. Thanks! This is awesome!
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 01/07/2016 at 08:10 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    The patch won't install for me.

Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 12700 100 12700 0 0 26918 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 57466
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150 from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 12700 100 12700 0 0 28706 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 61951
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150 from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP Pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    I got the MWatch app and patch from Preware installed just fine. But the patch from the first post gives me the error from the attached pic. I'm using WOSQI to install it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter
  14.    #154  
    Had my pebble updated to 3.8.1 and now the original app doesn't show notifications anymore. Here is something new to try out. Also I made a new patch file based on the old one without Tweaks support (because it didn't work). Have a try if you want and your pebble is at OS 3 already.
    Alan Morford, barryb20 and Rnp like this.
    Their API has changed.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Their API has changed.
    I know.
    Had my pebble updated to 3.8.1 and now the original app doesn't show notifications anymore. Here is something new to try out. Also I made a new patch file based on the old one without Tweaks support (because it didn't work). Have a try if you want and your pebble is at OS 3 already.
    Totally works!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    I am now trying this out on my ROW Pre2 at 2.2.4. The tests go through and the device connects fine but I've received 6 e-mails this morning and none of them have gone to the watch. I'm not sure what to try.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
  19.    #159  
    Hi,

1. are the emails (Sender/Subject) send to the MWatch app? (That's what the patches are for)
    2. are the messages then send to the watch (the app goes green and writes something about wrie success)
    3. are the messages displayed on the watch? Sometimes the watch vibrates but the messages isn't shown. Don't know the reason yet.

The patch some post above works independent of Tweaks app and is developed and tested on my Pre 2.

About the relaunch from the notification bar: tap on the red/green icon (shows the connection state btw) sends a ping to the watch. If this fails, close the app altogether, and relaunch again. Sometimes the BT stack from webOS is borked and the phone needs to be resetted.
    Tap the textfield and the app relaunches again.
    Hi,

1. are the emails (Sender/Subject) send to the MWatch app? (That's what the patches are for)
    2. are the messages then send to the watch (the app goes green and writes something about wrie success)
    3. are the messages displayed on the watch? Sometimes the watch vibrates but the messages isn't shown. Don't know the reason yet.

The patch some post above works independent of Tweaks app and is developed and tested on my Pre 2.

About the relaunch from the notification bar: tap on the red/green icon (shows the connection state btw) sends a ping to the watch. If this fails, close the app altogether, and relaunch again. Sometimes the BT stack from webOS is borked and the phone needs to be resetted.
    Tap the textfield and the app relaunches again.
    The answer to all 3 questions is no. The test buttons in the MWatch app work as expected but emails, texts, and Macaw do not come through. I didn't test music. Calls still reach the watch and work as expected.

I have now tested a freshly doctored 2.2.4 Pre 2 with your post just above's app and patch. Same result of it not working. MWatch connects to the watch, test buttons work, but no notifications other than calls reach the watch. Closing the process and receiving an email, text, call, or tweet automatically reopens the mwatch process on my Pre3. That does NOT happen on either Pre2 I've tried with. Something seems off with the patch I guess. Is there a log I can provide you?
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast