Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    what is EPR?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    EPR = emergency patch remove in preware. It will remove all patches.

HaPe
    First of all, thanks for the help.

I now know, that I better have to remove patches before an webOS update.

After performing EPR and reinstalling the patch, it now works again. I can see phone-numbers on the watch.

Some remarks on the general handling: i I had some troubles to get the BT connection set up. Often, the BT connection from the PRE3 was not possible saying "Verbindung konnte nicht hergestellt werden". I then removed the MB150-Option from the BT-list, re-established the connection as new device and after the third try, it now works.

Any idea, what to do?

What it does not: pass SMS or email notifications to the watch

Best regrads
    Last edited by papavonmaxi-pre; 12/29/2011 at 07:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papavonmaxi-pre View Post

What it does not: pass SMS or email notifications to the watch

Best regrads
    You need to install webosinternals tweaks and enable sms and email. The default is not to send the notifications to the watch.

HaPe
    Hi HaPe,

thanks!!! It nows passes the SMS to the watch. Nice...

But I still have a major problem, when reconnecting the phone to the watch (after being out of range or after flight mode). It is nearly hard to get the connection running. It allways sais "Verbindung kann nicht hergestellt werden". It makes no difference, if I make a LUNA restart or a full restart. I allways have to delete the name out of the Bluetooth list, to have a better chance and then try to set-up a new connection with the passkey. Only sometimes, this helps. And than, everything is fine. Otherwise, it shows the name MBW-150 in the list of possible BT devices, but there is one difference: it is in gray color, instead of black letters. Maybe cause, as the type of connection is now audio or keyboard, but others (andere).

Any idea, if I still miss a patch or function?

It would be so nice, if it works without any trouble

...and I just ordered a white MBW-200 for my wife. And Yiu guys know, how patient ladies are, where something does'n work ;-)))

Regards, Matthias
  6.    #66  
    The watch makes the connection to the Pre. The Pre needs to have the MW app running, or the connection attempt will fail. To check the connection don't check the font color on your Pre, instead try to change the volume on your watch or tap on any of the two boxes in the MW app.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Thanks a lot of the patch. Just got a MBW-150 and it's working fine with my Pre2 and WebOS 2.2.4. Though the in-coming call is only show numbers and dosen't show the caller on the watch.

Any idea how to get it to work with the bult-in music app?

thanks
    After removing the app and the patch and re-installing both again, now it works even with the re-connect :-) I'm happy now

Thanks for your help !!!
    Best regards,
    Papavonmaxi

HP Touchpad 32GB - HP Pre 3 - Palm Pre
    Hello everybody in this thread,

Sorry I don't want to annoy you, however, I do not at all get it working.
    I get the watch (MBW 150) connected to my Pre + (as I have read that MW150 needs to be running). I have also installed Tweaks V.1.8.5 via Preware.
    Tweaks is scanning my Pre+, but, there is no way I can 'enable' SMS or e-mail, as described previously in this thread.

So, I don't get texts or e-mail reference lines etc. on the screen of the watch.

What else do I have to do / install?

Could anybody please help?

I should be very much obliged for a detailed 'how-to' description, as I am not a 'pro' as most of the others here on this thread.

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Kind regards

Bill
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

you have to install the patch "Bluetooth watch - SE MBW-150" or your Pre+. I think no one ever tested it on a Pre+, but I think it should work (if you use 2.1.0).

Marcel
    Dear Marcel,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I did install the patch that you mentioned, now.

So far, no SMS or callerID or the like transmitted to watch's screen.

Will restart Pre+ and reconnect watch and phone.

Kind regards

Bill
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Did you enable it in Tweaks? In the Bluetooth section!
    Dear Marcel,

did install patch you quoted and restart Pre+. Now, I cannot even more connect Pre+ and watch. Reading the description of the patch in preware I found out that the patch is only a placeholder.

Kind regards

Bill
    Dear mgmft,

No I did not, because I don't know how to do it. However, Tweaks looked the same, all kind of grey shaded and a zero in each category.
    Furthermore, as I mentioned above, in Preware they described the patch 'Bluetooth watch SE MBW 150' as a mere placeholder.

Kind regards

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi HaPe,

I didn't mix it up! Strangely the patch appears for 2.2.0-2.2.4: webOS-Patches Web Portal

But if you look at ipk.preware.org the file only appears for 2.2.4:
    webOS-Patches Web Portal
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.4-2_all.ipk

For 2.1.0 and 2.1.2 the ipk there, but not for 2.1.1! On the patches it's there for 2.1.1 also!

Weird!

-----UPDATE------
    I did resubmit, and they got approved. I hope they show up in the feeds in the next couple of hours. Meanwhile:

For 2.1.x you can download and install:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....1.0-0_all.ipk

For 2.2.x you can download and install:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....2.4-2_all.ipk
    Hi mgmft,

How can I get the above patches on my Pre+?

Upon clicking the link I got, sorry for the expression, hyroglyphs, I don't know how to use them.

Could you kindly tell me how to instal the patch for webOS 2.1?
    Many thanks, indeed!

I think that is the patch I'm missing. Could not instal it via Preware, there it was described as placeholder.

Kind regards

Bill
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I did resubmit the patch for 2.1.0. Should appear in Preware during the next few hours. Or just install it directly (http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...1.1-28_all.ipk) - the link I posted on nexave.de.

Either use "Packet installiern" from Prewares Menu and past the link there or download the .ipk with a PC, mail it to yourself (Pre+) and open the attachment. This will start Preware.

Marcel
    Dear Marcel,

I don't know how to express how greatful I am to you! Thank you for all your patience and all the teaching, also on the nexave.de/forum thread.

With your help I managed to make it work! I already tested it with a text message and I could also see the caller ID on the watch's screen. I was so amazed when it finally happened!
    Just received the reference line of an e-mailon the watch's screen. I am stunned!

Thank you sooo much!

Bill
    Dear all,

First of all thanks to the developer and all, who makes this app running.

My wife, so far an exclusive iPhone fan, decided to switch to webOS and Pre3 with MBW-200 sparkling white, a nice watch for ladies :-) I never thought, that this ever would happen ;-)

I want to write some experiences, after using this nice app now for 9 days without major troubles. May be, I don't know all functions or some functions could be usefull/improved. Your feedback is welcome.

The app is running stabil, cause I don't interrupt it anymore (no turn off, no flight mode). Being out of range is no problem for reconnection.

In the meantime, I received more than 200 messages on the watch, most of them mail-subjects.

After a certain time (I can't say exactly when) the App shows elder messages, when a new messages comes in. It does not show the actual one.

Obviously, messages are stored in the app?! If so, how can I see, what is stored?

The app just has two fields. The upper field sends when being tapped allways the 'Henk is the best...' message. The lower field send elder messages and if all has been send, an note, that Elvis was here plus some icons...whatfor? Why are these fields empty/white?

It says 'communication log' in the upper field, but shows nothing on my Pre3.

Now back to stability...if I have to turn on flight mode or turn off my Pre3, then reconnection makes trouble. Any idea why? Is there a hidden log, I can send in order to see, what going on?

Best regards,
    Papavonmaxi

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Best regards,
    Papavonmaxi

19.    #79  
    Hi,

thanks for your feedback. The two white fields are just there from the PreGo GPS app I used as base for this app. There will be a new update soon which replaces them with real buttons. These buttons are just for testing connection and some of the features (multiple lines, word-wrap, custom icons). A communication log is only visible with tools like Lumberjack. I know about the reconnection problems which occur from time to time if BT was disabled in the time between. I don't know if I can improve it but at least I will try. The app stores messages in-core in a list until the messages was requested by the watch and send back as rendered bitmap to the watch. If one message request was lost they are not in sync anymore. I will try to make it more robust in the next update. Also HaPe added a nice feature to show multiple messages one after one with a small delay whenever they arrive at once (like multiple emails).

Thanks a lot,
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hi HaPe, hi Henk,

thanks for your comments.

I have prepared a How-To for the MBW-150. It can contribute, that things are going faster for new users. It also gives some ideas how to deal with errors.

Please give me your feedback.

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Papavonmaxi

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast