Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    It is missing in 2.2.0 on purpose! Because in 2.2.x the phone app is Enyo and I have to figure out how to check tweaks service in Enyo. Thus it is not implemented in the 2.2.x patches yet

BTW: Does anyone have some example code for it? #tweaks #enyo

Marcel
    Last edited by mgmft; 12/15/2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Different approach?

I asked Sebastian (omoco), if he would integrate MW150 into Pakettracker. He said, he would much rather prefer a different approach, which IMHO makes a lot of sense. He thinks connecting deeper systemwise would be better. OK, if it can be done that would be awesome:

- Create a patch to forward all system notifications to MW150.
    - Create a "whiteliste" on MW150, which apps notifications will be forwarded.

As I understand, it would be like "Save/Restore" and apps that are supported can be added at one single place MW150. Instead of submitting code to the apps authors and updating the tweaks-patch, one could just add a new setting to MW150 and only MW150 would need to be updated. Maybe not even that, if it has a database within, that any user could add just add the following:

- app-id
    - forward to watch true/false
    - send as SMS (with vibration) or as INFO
    - allow wordwrap true / false

A very intelligent approach I think. It would need work app side (MW150) to integrate the app database and a patch. I don't know if that is possible at all and if the systems code at that place might be even native code!?

What are your thoughts about it? Does anyone know, where to "grab" all notifications (if at all possible!!!)?

@Sebastian: Did I subscribe your idea right?

Marcel
  3.    #43  
    I thought about this too, but there is only one place for a central text notification: BannerMsg. Dashboards are rather free in its design. For me it seems, several interesting things doesn't appear as BannerMsgs. For instant new emails, are they reported as BannerMsg? Patching BannerMsg might be one approach, but dedicated support in an app is another.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I would suggest the following:

Somewhere in the system there must be a notification whenever a banner, dashboard opens up. Hook up to this signal and forward it to the MW150-service.

The service has a list of signals to react to and knows by self-defined rules what to do. Rules can be something like "show the banner msg on watch" or "get div XXX from dashbord and show content/innerHTML on watch".

The rules will be managed by a helper application of the service. There should be a repository with pre-defined rules created by the community like the backup app of webos-internals does.

This would enable a end-user to create own signals for the watch. No further patching of applications is necessary.

In my opinion this is the ideal way to handle this. Also would be a nice task for a hacking weekend
  5.    #45  
    Well then You are encouraged to start Maybe BannerMsgs would be the first to hook in. I'm not sure how well the Dashboard stuff might work. At the end it is like a normal window with full responsibility for the app to render it.
    BTW: one could also transfer the whole screen of the Pre to the watch, using the volume button to scroll around I guess I might have 2 hours tomorrow to spend for it...
    First I want to say thanks for working on this project.
    i am tired of android (LiveView) getting one on webOS.

I have a sprint pre will the program work for that phone and is it possible.
    i have 1.45.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Metaview, one idea could you show the last message that was send to the watch in the current empty right past of the dashboard?

HaPe
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by TekLord View Post
    First I want to say thanks for working on this project.
    i am tired of android (LiveView) getting one on webOS.

I have a sprint pre will the program work for that phone and is it possible.
    i have 1.45.
    No, it only works with webOS 2.x or better.

@HaPe: sounds good
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    - Project Macaw support - DONE!
    - Foursquare support - works, Code sent to Geoff
    - Paketverfolgung patch - Henks code should work. Need tracking number to test it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

---- Update ----
    It works! I submitted patch for Paketverfolgung 1.2.2 just before 1.2.3 showed up on my pre. Waiting for patch approval to submit an update. CAUTION: You should remove the patch, before accepting an update for Paketverfolgung!
    Last edited by mgmft; 12/19/2011 at 07:05 AM.
    Anyone know if this works with the BT watch sold by ThinkGeek? My in-laws gave me a nice gift certificate for the holidays.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Hi HaPe,

the patch still works fine with my Touchpad, but not anymore with the new webOS 2.2.4

Will there be an update to your patch?

I really like your patch, cause I use it on my racebike in order to see incoming calls when biking.

best regards,
    Matthias from Germany
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    The patch does work under 2.2.4! If the installation fails, it maybe conflicts with another one?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    MetaView likes this.
  13.    #53  
    Yes, I can confirm it. And the patch is from mgmft btw.
    Thanks for the update, as the pre3 now connects to the watch!

But it still does not route the phone number from an incoming call to the watch, as it did before. To be more precise, if I tab on the screen of the mb150-app, it sends the "henk is the best ..." message to the phone. This shows, that in generell the communication is working.

Any Idea?

Begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/CallSynergizer.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Last edited by papavonmaxi-pre; 12/28/2011 at 12:20 PM.
  15.    #55  
    Have you installed the MW150 patch? The whole app is nothing without this patch...
    i had installed the bluetooth watch - SE MBW-150. After the Upgrade to webOS 2.2.4 i was not able to update it/reinstall it. I get the following error:

Begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-bluetooth-watch---se-mbw-150.prerm 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/source/CallSynergizer.jsjsjs.$rej$

whst can i do?
    please see above the error message, I got, after the update of webOS 2.2.4.

I had been asked to update the bluetooth watch - SE MBE-150 patch. But it didn' work. I'm even not able to remove it. Again errors.

What can I do?
    Quick question, the different editions of the MBW 150 are just about the color, right? Any version would work?
  19.    #59  
    Any version works.

If patch fails to deinstall or install it might be time for EPR.
    Just a little FYI: I have a broken MBW-150. The screen went so dim the only way to see it was in a pitch black room. This is a common issue with these tiny early OLED screens. I took it apart to see if I'd knock something loose into a fix, but I ended up breaking it further. Turns out this happens to virtually all the watches after a year or so. I'm interested in buying a newer BT watch not made by Sony. I saw an ugly Casio using BT4.0 to be released soon. If only they had style, like Sony.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast