Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Ah ha. Once the initial pairing is complete in bluetooth settings with the watch, that's it. Open mwatch and the app does the rest my friend.

Sent from my Yotaphone 2 using Tapatalk
    Brilliant!! It works Much appreciated Alan.

I now have v2.9.1 firmware on the Pebble Steel, and can control music, receive call notifications and receive SMS on my Veer!

Email for now doesn't seem to forward messages, and I'm wondering whether I need an older version of the patch.... the one used through Tweaks...?

TLUK
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Scratch that - an email just came through

This app is awesome!
    Here's the 2.9 firmware that can be flashed to the Pebble, then upgraded by the Pebble (Classic) app (I did it on an Android phone) to 2.9.1; the latest firmware before the v3 which breaks the mwatch functionality, in case anyone finds it useful

TLUK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alan Morford and hfGermany like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolivesuk View Post
    Here's the 2.9 firmware that can be flashed to the Pebble, then upgraded by the Pebble (Classic) app (I did it on an Android phone) to 2.9.1; the latest firmware before the v3 which breaks the mwatch functionality, in case anyone finds it useful

TLUK
    I assume that firmware is only for the steel.. Where did you get it?
    Yes, this is Steel only. BUT, there are other versions available - I seem to remember reading you have a Time...? I don't know if that model is supported to downgrade to v2.x, but if you go to pebblebits.com , you can create different firmware to download onto a PC / mobile device + then use (in my case an Android) Pebble app to upload it to the watch. I got the info from this YouTube link:

Now I have v2.9.1 on my Steel, and it plays nicely with Metaview's patch on my Veer (after a hint from Alan); I have incoming calls, SMS, email and music control working. The only thing that I can't get going ATM is Macaw notifications.

TLUK

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Cool, glad it's working now. Yes, mine is a time steel. I will wait this out for now. I don't especially want to downgrade my firmware. I haven't checked, but Alan didn't think you could put anything older than 3.0 on a time.
    treolivesuk likes this.
    Metaview, any idea why mwatch breaks in all the latest updates but other 3rd party apps seem to survive?

Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  8.    #188  
    Update released with a fix for FW 3.10 and a whitelist for email notifications.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  9.    #189  
    And another update to 0.9.22. Now the communication starts successfully even if MWatch wasn't running before the email/msg etc. comes in.
    dkirker, Alan Morford and Rnp like this.
    I was just thinking.. Since the Tweaks stuff was eliminated from the patch and app, could that be why Macaw notifications are not coming through? I don't see an mwatch setting in Macaw anywhere, but I saw that code was committed for mwatch..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Ok this theory is confirmed. I removed the latest patch and installed the Preware version, and enabled Macaw notifications in Tweaks. It does say "unknown" for the sender though.

12.    #192  
    I would rather like to remove the tweaks stuff, because I don't know how to create a tweaks enabled patch. There is an option in MWatch to mute Project Macaw if needed. I will check the code in PM and correct it.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Working great on my Pebble Steel. Thanks.

Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I would rather like to remove the tweaks stuff, because I don't know how to create a tweaks enabled patch. There is an option in MWatch to mute Project Macaw if needed. I will check the code in PM and correct it.
    I'm a big fan of Tweaks enabled patches, because you can enable/disable them in Tweaks, instead of having to remove the patch completely. It can also reduce the number of conflicts with other patches as well

It's pretty well documented in Application:Tweaks - WebOS Internals

In case you have any questions, let me know, we use it a bit in QML in LuneOS as well for various bits
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Looking at the Tweaks json file from the Preware version of the patch, it looks pretty straightforward. It was lack of a clear example that had me confused. The code commented out in the latest patch version doesn't look overly complicated, but I have not tried to use it myself. After I reinstalled the latest patch, I did copy the json file from the Preware patch back into the Tweaks preferences folder and it works with Macaw again.

Hi, guys.

There is some chance to Mwatch control the Music Player Remix?

The Music Player have some bugs that is not good...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Happy Easter all

I have upgraded my Pebble Steel again to the latest v3 firmware, but have DOWNgraded my Veer to 2.1.2. Now I cannot get ANY version of Metaview's patch for mWatch to install on the Veer, but instead get the error message (or something similar) in the attached screenshot (the mWatch app itself installs fine).

Does anyone know if I will need an older patch to install on an older version of webOS running on my Veer? If so, has anyone got it???

Many thanks in advance!

TLUK

Update: well, I've tried installing the patch on another, freshly doctored 2.1.2 Veer, and it doesn't install. The dependencies all install fine, but the patch, no. Does the patch have to have 2.2.4 to work???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by treolivesuk; 03/25/2016 at 09:12 PM.
    There must be some differences in that file between 2.1.2 & 2.2.4.. You would need a 2.1.2-specific version of the patch. I don't know if there was ever a patch for 2.1.2.

Thanks for replying, Grabber. I don't know much about patches, although I see what you mean about it being for different files. I will hold out hope that Metaview sees this thread and has a patch for 2.1.2!

TLUK
    @Metaview - would it be possible to add a toggle switch to the app, to allow the user disable it when you have your watch paired with a different phone? The Android app (and I assume the iOS app, but I've never installed it) allows you to disconnect from the watch as needed. I don't have my watch connected to the Pre3 most of the time, because it's not my daily driver, so it pops up once in a while and writes an error to the on-screen log about not being able to talk to the watch.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast