Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Unfortunately there are more problems:

Loading caches works fine again after the fix, but I cannot log a cache found any more, though the logging page seems to be interpreted properly. When I tried to log the cache from the standard web broswer, I got a "error loading page" issue reported. Is this the end of logging geocaches from a webos based device? Is this a problem with some advanced html feature in the GC webpages that the built-in browser does not support?

Looking forward to any suggestion and I hope ther may be a fix.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Used GC-gogo for the first time today. Nice app though I did come across some of the errors others have mentioned (something about cache not parsing). Still worked well enough, perhaps because I had saved some as favourites. Tried to log my finds but does not seem to be saved. Hope these issues will be resolved.

I'm new to geocaching and this works great as far as I could tell. Great app!!
    Update found in preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Update found in preware!
    Thank you for your message. I downloaded the new version and tested it successfully today for logging Founds and DNFs including TB drops.

I am again amazed by the quick turn-around time of the app developer.

Thanks again for the fix!
    MartinH@webos and horzel like this.
  5.    #105  
    I tried to upload a new version to the AppCat, but the update has been rejected by HP. I don't know the reason for rejection, I can only see, that the status is "Rejected". I opened a thread in HP developer forum, maybe I'll get an answer.

Off topic: Is somebody @Mega Project Eck in Koblenz, Germany this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
    I tried to upload a new version to the AppCat, but the update has been rejected by HP.
    Thanks for letting us know. For the moment I am fine with the "beta" version from preware. However I know some prefer to use a version from the "official" catalog.

Off topic: Is somebody @Mega Project Eck in Koblenz, Germany this weekend?
    Unfortunately not. Although I am travelling close to that location on the weekend, I have other things planned. I may show up briefly before the departure of the ships on Sunday, but that is still uncertain.
  7.    #107  
    The new "official" version has been published in the AppCat today.
    I have no Idea, what app reviewers are doing there. Simply I submitted the app again with a minor bugfix in the cache attributes (in the current beta, it's already included).
    And yes, many users are prefering official sources. I got in last 3 weeks 4 mails, that the app is not working. Sorry, I will not advise sombody, how to use developer mode and SDK/quickinstall to circumvent the appcat. This is only for "experts".
    Last edited by patty21; 06/27/2013 at 04:38 PM.
    The new "official" version has been published in the AppCat today.
    I have no Idea, what app reviewers are doing there. Simply I submitted the app again with a minor bugfix in the cache attributes (in the current beta, it's already included).
    Thanks for the update. I have no problem using a beta instead, but many will appreciate the "official" version.

And yes, many users are prefering official sources. I got in last 3 weeks 4 mails, that the app is not working. Sorry, I will not advise sombody, how to use developer mode and SDK/quickinstall to circumvent the appcat. This is only for "experts".
    You are right. I actually helped a colleague last week to get preware on his Pre2, but this thread is not the right place for this information. However he is a (again) happy GC-gogo user since.
    One feature request: when visiting a cache with a trackable, I can only put it down. But I don't want to put it there, I just visit it and want to log the trackable as visited ... could be I don't find the right function or that it's really not there?

However, that function would be nice.
    Else, your software is very nice and works finely together with MapTool
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Today I am out looking for my first cache away from home on vacation. Just noticed that I can't see the cache logs. I see this in both the beta and the official version. Anybody else seeing this?
  11.    #111  
    I know about this problem, it was fixed in the beta 2013.8.5. The current version in the Appcat has still this problem, I will post an update soon.

Todays beta fixes some issues about importing gpx files. If you don't use this feature, you can skip this update.
    I know about this problem, it was fixed in the beta 2013.8.5.
    Preware does not offer me any update past my installed Beta 2013.06.16. What can I do to install the lastest version?
  13.    #113  
    You can always download the latest beta from the official app website .
    Just updated to v3.03 and find that I now can't pull up any caches on my Pre3. The App loads find. "search for nearest" finds my location then freezes with the 'circle' spinning. This happens with the beta too. Any thoughts what might be wrong? Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy#WN View Post
    The App loads find. "search for nearest" finds my location then freezes with the 'circle' spinning. This happens with the beta too.
    At least the beta from the website given above loaded the cache list. Regards Florian

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I have been using GC-gogo to log all my finds and the interface makes it so easy to use. Much better than the one on my friend's Android phone. So far I have Began using a handheld for the actual navigation to save battery life on my Veer.

Just recently got into using a trackable for myself to see how far I go to find a cache. This would be one I would never release into the wild but just use it to visit each cache. Right now on GC-gogo, I have to drop it when I log the find and then retrieve it again. Any way to make the cache simply visit the cache in one move? Perhaps I just haven't figured it out.

Perhaps a toggle between a down arrow (drop), combined up and down arrow (visit) and nothing, to stay consistent with the geocaching.com website. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the great app and the regular updates. I will continue to use it as long as I have the Veer (have another as backup).
    Last edited by hangten10; 12/07/2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Just thought of how this might be possible and still maintain the clean look.
  17.    #117  
    There is no function for logging trackables "visited" yet. Maybe I will add this feature sometimes.
    I posted a new version to the AppCat 2 weeks ago, but I think, the guys @HP are on vacation the last month of the year (the last publish in AppCat was Nov.27th). The new version fixes the gallery and is working on the Touchpad in fullscreen-mode (all in one, no HD-version required). For now, you can use the current beta - its equal to the version which is going to be published.
    There is no function for logging trackables "visited" yet. Maybe I will add this feature sometimes.
    I posted a new version to the AppCat 2 weeks ago, but I think, the guys @HP are on vacation the last month of the year (the last publish in AppCat was Nov.27th). The new version fixes the gallery and is working on the Touchpad in fullscreen-mode (all in one, no HD-version required). For now, you can use the current beta - its equal to the version which is going to be published.
    I was really looking foward for the HD-version. Thx a lot.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just tried gc-gogo beta on the TP. Love it! Great on the big screen. Thanks for continuing to support the app.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    That would be greatly appreciated. I was in germany last week and could not log my TBs "visited", so I edited all my logentries via Webbrowser again, as soon as I was @home... not sooo nice.
    I like your app, even so I only use it nowadays, when I am outside my homecountry, because my Pre3 is my travelphone.

The TP version is very nice, too. It's still sad that the TP has no GPS.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast