webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > GC-gogo
GC-gogo
Like Tree11Likes

Old 01/08/2013, 05:27 PM   #81 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Today HP pubished an improved version in the AppCat, but gc.com made a site update raising a new issue (image gallery). I fixed this already in the beta.
The twitter support has been disabled for now, you will only see grey boxes.
patty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by edxmon, ladroege
Old 01/09/2013, 05:49 AM   #82 (permalink)

I did not even realize there was a problem before yo fixed it. And I am using the app nearly daily. Thank you for the continous maintenance!
ladroege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 10:35 PM   #83 (permalink)

Hi patty! I want to sincerely thank you for this app, it made my dive into geocaching so easy!

There are a few things I would like to request:

Can you give the app audio/vibration alerts that go off when getting closer to the cache currently being tracked? I noticed that the app gives off a vibration when you reach the 300ft range, but would it possible to have it beep/vibrate 1 time at the 300ft range, beep/vibrate 2 times at the 200ft range and lastly beep/vibrate 3 times when you reach the GPS accuracy threshold? (usually around 16ft). This way we could use the app without actually having the screen on, thus allowing us to save some battery. This weekend I went from 90%+ battery to less than 50% in about 1.5 hours of geocaching.

Thanks again for making such an awesome app!
edxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 05:55 AM   #84 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@edxmon: GC-gogo has no notification, when you get closer. The builtin compass will be disabled, when the screen is turned off.
I think you are using the Mapping tool (Pro). This is an external application to display targets on a map. It is not developed by myself, so I can't help you. You can change notify distance (and type) in the preferences (nearly the last option). Default is 100m (~300ft). For additional feature requests you may ask in the Maptool thread.

@all: I submitted a new version to the AppCat fixing the gallery issue. It should be available soon.
Old 02/06/2013, 10:11 AM   #85 (permalink)

You may have noticed this already: I guess GC.com updated their webpages again, so now GC-gogo fails to read previous logs of geocaches (trackables seem to work okay).

I appreciate all your work in keeping up with GC's attempts to break your process.

Best regards from Germany,
Lars
Old 02/06/2013, 05:23 PM   #86 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Here we go ....
Old 02/11/2013, 04:26 AM   #87 (permalink)

couldn't find it in preware!
Not uploaded or is it just me?
berzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2013, 04:59 AM   #88 (permalink)

Hi,

first of all I want to let you know that I am still a happy and frequent GC-gogo user.

Unfortunately some functionalities seem to be broken at the moment:

Searching by user hidden, user found and address doesn't seem to work right now.
Logging a cache some (most) times works, but few times not (no error message, but no log in the listing).

I can still use the app and just wanted to report the issues in case a new version is planned.

Thanks,
Lars
Old 05/08/2013, 08:19 AM   #89 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Search by Address is failing, because google closed down the v2 of the geocoding api. This is not a gc.com feature. In my developer version this is already fixed and it will be included in the next update.

Search by users finds / hides works well on my device, I cant reproduce this problem. Do you get an error message or just an empty result? Does it happen with every user? Can somebody else confirm this problem?

Logging works also as expected on my device, but normally I write my logs @home, I don't use this feature too much.
Old 05/08/2013, 09:02 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
Search by users finds / hides works well on my device, I cant reproduce this problem. Do you get an error message or just an empty result? Does it happen with every user? Can somebody else confirm this problem?
Just came accross this topic and tested this:
Works for me for every friend I tried. But when I want to search myself, it writes message "No caches found.". Same with hides. I dont know why.
Jakuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2013, 10:23 AM   #91 (permalink)

Ok, just stupid user error: I tried to list my own caches, but of course I selected "Hide my own finds" in the app's preferences, so obviously the list was empty. Then I tried my wife's caches, but as I have found all of them, the list was empty again.

In the end: Working as to be expected

Only thing that remains: Searching by location. Not an essential feature, but sometimes a quite useful one.

And just to mention it: Am am still a very happy DAILY user of this app. Thanks for keeping an eye on it and continueing the support for it.

Best regards,
Lars
Thanked By: Jakuje
Old 05/18/2013, 05:19 AM   #92 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I decided to release a new beta fixing some issues. You can download it via preware.
I canged a lot of the code and some scenes for the upcoming version 3. I know that not everything is working fine - its a beta.
Liked by hunland likes this.
Old 05/18/2013, 07:48 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
I decided to release a new beta fixing some issues. You can download it via preware.
I canged a lot of the code and some scenes for the upcoming version 3. I know that not everything is working fine - its a beta.
Tested the beta version today: No problems: Logged many founds and a DNF, dropped and retrieved trackables. So far, all good!
Old 05/27/2013, 01:19 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
I just got into Geocaching and gave your app a dry run on my way back from the grocery store. I interpreted the clues incorrectly on my first go but then I was playing with the buttons and found my way to installing the Mapping Tools app. That got me on the right track and now I think I know exactly where it is. It got dark though so I had to go home.

I'll be giving your app a real first timer's field test tomorrow on Memorial Day so I'm looking forward to exploring : ) I'm on the Stable release channel for what it's worth. Thanks for keeping up development; which phone do you use when Geocaching? I just "upgraded" my Sprint Pixi for a Sprint Pre
Black Knight Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2013, 11:32 PM   #95 (permalink)

First off, I've never posted anything on a forum before so hopefully I don't come across as a total *****.

I've been using the GC-Gogo app on my Palm Pre for at least a month and its worked like a dream...in fact, it helped log more than 60 finds in May! Then suddenly last week I got the error message, "Error occured on cache parsing". At first it was just an occasional cache but has now begun happening almost every time.

I used the app earlier today and after making the find and logging it in, the message popped up again and now is doing so on every cache I try to open.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and have done a hard reboot on the phone. Still not working right.

Help!
Paula Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2013, 09:27 AM   #96 (permalink)

I have the same problems as the last poster: Seems like GC again managed to change their website's structure enough so this app is no longer able to parse its structure.

As GC-gogo is still my favorite tool to handle geocache information and logs in the field, I am more than interested to hear about an update that fixes the current issue.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06/06/2013, 11:56 AM   #97 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

New beta @preware.
Thanked by ginpre, horzel, ladroege
Old 06/06/2013, 02:11 PM   #98 (permalink)

The new version fixed the parsing problem for me. Thanks!

What is the meaning of the small disc icon, that is shown in the cache list for some caches?
ginpre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2013, 12:41 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quick check: Looks good so far. Thanks for the quick fix!

@ginpre

The disk symbol shows that the cache information has been "cached" in local storage. So the next time you open this cache's details it will be taken directly from stored data on your device.
Old 06/07/2013, 10:05 AM   #100 (permalink)

Hi.

I had the same problems yesterday. Today I have downloaded the new version and I am sure the issue will be fixed.

Thanks a lot!!
carloshb0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geocaching

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0