webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > GC-gogo
GC-gogo
Like Tree10Likes

Old 11/05/2012, 07:04 AM   #61 (permalink)

Is it possible that there is an issue with Twitter and Gc-gogo? Whenever I log a cache with twitter selected, the logging process does not end. When I disable twitter, the log is performed in a few seconds.

I am not depending on this feature (to be honest, I disable it most of the time), but wanted to mention it.

Last edited by florik; 11/05/2012 at 08:17 AM.
florik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2012, 10:21 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by florik View Post
Is it possible that there is an issue with Twitter and Gc-gogo?
I think, that it was said somewhere, that Twiter feature doesn't work (they might changed API and it is not well handled). I'm not developer of GC-gogo, so I don't know current status, but I follow this topic and changes since start.
Jakuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 04:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I dont use twitter, but about half a year ago it worked. The autorization still works, but if you try to send a message, the twitter server now returns an error. I will investigate this issue, when I'll find a free minute.
patty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 12:59 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
Currently you need to know the GC-Code to access these Caches offline and it will speed up opening Caches from cache list, if they are already offline availiable (i.e. if you have a bad internet connection).

I will offer an offline search function in a later version ...
Greetings. GC-gogo is great, thank you for it! Using 2.0.3 on my Pre2 and TP.

As for Offline use, I have a suggestion: could you please add a "Downloaded" button in the Cache Lists list? That button would just display the list of all downloaded caches, in the same format as the list of caches when you do a search or when you show the Favourites list.

Great job!

David Thacker
dthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 07:55 AM   #65 (permalink)

Thank you for maintaining this great app up to now. Just recently GC had the "great"" idea to put a new design to their website. This led to these problems (up to now, not guaranteed to be a complete list):

1. Spoiler pictures are not captured any more
2. "Attended" logs of events are listed as "Notes"

As GC-gogo is my nearly-essential tool in the field I would appreciate you adapting the app to the new data structure. But it may take some time to find out all impacted functions.

Thanks again for your work so far!

Last edited by ladroege; 12/13/2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: fixing typo
ladroege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 03:26 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitsop View Post
Thank you berzerk. I will take a look to this problem and see what can be done.
Hi Patty, working adding back icon in offline tools but today my adsl doesn't work.
I will send you a new version soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Hi pitsop,

I managed to fix it myself. For me as a non JS-programmer a bit of hard work with lots of trial and error. And all of this in live environment directly on the TP.
I made some changes to the list-assistant.js to
a) have both buttons:back and mapping tool
b) associate some action to the mapping tool button.

It is quick and dirty, but if you like to fix your HD version, let me know, I'll tell you the trick.

Maybe you can do it more cleanly.

Best regards,
Berzerk

Last edited by berzerk; 12/14/2012 at 02:04 AM.
berzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 03:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I fixed the problem with the redesign of the gc.com website already yesterday. They introduced a comletely new icon system, every icon has now a number.
There is a new beta available. The changes are not final. I'm still looking for the icon number of the reviewer note and some other issues coming up. When everything works as expected, I will upload a new version to the appcat.
Thanked by intron, ladroege
Old 12/13/2012, 09:04 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I fixed the problem with the redesign of the gc.com website already yesterday. They introduced a comletely new icon system, every icon has now a number.
There is a new beta available. The changes are not final. I'm still looking for the icon number of the reviewer note and some other issues coming up. When everything works as expected, I will upload a new version to the appcat.
Thanks so much for continuing to support this app. I use it all the time.
intron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2012, 02:04 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Patty,

can you tell me what changes you made in which js-modul. If you point me to the changed source code, maybe I can adjust the HD-Version.

Berzerk
Old 12/14/2012, 09:02 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty21
Thank you a lot for maintaining it. One more update to my earlier report: Logging of both geocaches and trackables does not work in the released version (did not test the beta yet). The log is sent, but not honored by the site.

If there is anything you want me to test with the beta version (I installed it now), just let me know!
Old 12/14/2012, 05:02 PM   #71 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I think, todays beta will address all issues, concerning the gc.com site update.

@berzerk: All desired information you can find in the first post of this thread. Maybe it works, if you copy over the current gc.com.js file in the plugins dir.

@ladroege: Logging ist working fine on my device, even with the old version. I can't reproduce your problem.
Old 12/15/2012, 03:51 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
I think, todays beta will address all issues, concerning the gc.com site update.

@berzerk: All desired information you can find in the first post of this thread. Maybe it works, if you copy over the current gc.com.js file in the plugins dir.

@ladroege: Logging ist working fine on my device, even with the old version. I can't reproduce your problem.
Hi Patty21,

I only found geocaching.com.js in the plugins dir. Copying this file had no effect on the log-icons. :-( Do you have another idea? Do have a diff-output of the regarding js-files you changed?

Thanks alot,

Berzerk
Old 12/15/2012, 09:15 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't know what the problem was last time. I logged a Geocache today with the latest Beta version. All fine!
Old 12/21/2012, 08:13 AM   #74 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Does anyone want to use the Twitter support? It's currently not working. I allready tried to fix this, but without success, the crappy oauth tells me always that I'm not authorized. I can fix this, but I need to completely rewrite the twitter code. The other option will be to remove twitter support completely. Or somebody else, who wants to have a look on it? I dont want to keep the broken version as it is, we need a solution.

@berzerk: As far as I know, the pitsops version is based on version 1.2. I did a lot of changes with the upgrade to 2.0, so I think the best way is to build a new hd version or make the current version usable on the TP. The resize to fill the bigger screen is going fast, but the problem is, that the TP has no back gesture, we need to add a button to every scene.
Old 12/21/2012, 09:27 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Does anyone want to use the Twitter support? It's currently not working. I allready tried to fix this, but without success, the crappy oauth tells me always that I'm not authorized. I can fix this, but I need to completely rewrite the twitter code. The other option will be to remove twitter support completely. Or somebody else, who wants to have a look on it? I dont want to keep the broken version as it is, we need a solution.
As far as I am concerned, I don't use the twitter support in the geocaching-app. So I wouldn't mind if you remove the twitter integration.
ginpre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 09:56 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Does anyone want to use the Twitter support?
'

I do not.

BTW: Thanks for updating the official app. Works nice, and I like the "saved" Icon for "cached geocaches"!
Old 12/21/2012, 10:53 AM   #77 (permalink)

As a WebOS non-programmer maybe a silly question: Where do I have to put GPX files from PQs so the import mechanism would pick them up? It only tells me "Your document list is empty."

Any short hint is highly appreciated!
Old 12/21/2012, 02:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I will need to update the official app again. I'm still discovering issues. The current app does not detect premium caches in the list. Sometimes there are caches disabled, but the app marks these available.
In the beta, everything I know is already fixed (except Twitter).

@ladroege: Simply connect your device via USB and copy your files over. There is no special location. If you like, you can make a directory. It will find all files ending with .gpx and .loc (lower case only).
Old 12/22/2012, 04:45 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
@berzerk: As far as I know, the pitsops version is based on version 1.2. I did a lot of changes with the upgrade to 2.0, so I think the best way is to build a new hd version or make the current version usable on the TP. The resize to fill the bigger screen is going fast, but the problem is, that the TP has no back gesture, we need to add a button to every scene.
Hi Patty21,

Yes I know all this and I know that it will be much effort to redesign the HD version from your v2 version.
The current HD version works quite well, except for the icons to show correctly.

I just need to know, what you changed to get the icons to work, that should not be that much, I guess and hope.

Any help would be appreciated here.

Berzerk
Old 12/23/2012, 08:11 AM   #80 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

As you may have noticed, I introduced an improved map generator, now showing nearly all caches on the map.
For some caches on the map (names are starting with a star), I dont have exact coordinates. They are interpolated and can be up to 100m (~300ft) off. Do not try to zoom in and find the cache by the location on the map.
If you want to find this cache, tap on the cache -> tap "open GC-gogo". When the cache is loaded, we have exact coordinates. Now you can navigate from the cache view or reload the map (now the cache is on the correct position and the star disappears).

Tags
geocaching

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0