Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
    I just uploaded version 2.0.0 to the AppCat. It is equal to the beta-2012.06.18, which is available @preware.
    Hi patty21,

2 Questions:
    1) is this the HD version? (I updated the beta to 06/18 but still no full screen?
    2) Why am I not able to find gc-gogo in the app-catalog? (Touch pad, German localization)?

Is it possible to get the ipk for the full screen Version, if I cannot get it from app catalog?

THX.
  2.    #42  
    The Version in the AppCat is the regular version for phones. It is not offered for Touchpads, because there are no back-buttons and the touchpad does not have a GPS. The regular version is currently not useful for TP-users.
    To publish it in the AppCat, I need to provide a screenshot in TP resolution. I don't have a TP, so I can test apps only in the emulator, this is for me not sufficient to ensure the "user-experience" I want.

Pitsop made some changes to the app. It uses the whole screen and has back-buttons. I got now permission from pitsop to publish it. Here you can download a first beta for the TP. I will try to post it @preware too, after some minor changes.
    Thanks, for the IPK.

The phone versions work great for the TP. I often use gc-gogo-beta to get an overview of the caches, which are near my current TP (/WLAN) location. I then choose one or two caches to go after with my pre.
    Therefore I am really looking forward to use a full screeen version. I will test the IPK later.

Great job so far ;-)
    I really like the new features in the 2.0 Version. Displaying the caches in Maptool Pro is awesome.

Unfortunately I am not able to view logs. When I tap the "log section" with the icons for "found", "not found", etc, the next screen opens but stays blank.
  5.    #45  
    If somebody has problems with logs: Change the number of logs in preferences.
    There are 2 different types of downloading logs, lets call it A and B:
    A is applied, if you want 25 or less logs (and always, if you are using offline tools)
    B is applied, if you want more than 25 logs, but it takes longer and needs extra traffic.
    Can you tell me, which one has the problem?
    Changing the number of logs does note help. The problem exists for both, more or less than 25 logs. Even if I set it to 1, the page stays blank. In addition, I have good reception (~2Mbit/s) so download time should not be an issue.
    The Version in the AppCat is the regular version for phones. It is not offered for Touchpads, because there are no back-buttons and the touchpad does not have a GPS. The regular version is currently not useful for TP-users.
    To publish it in the AppCat, I need to provide a screenshot in TP resolution. I don't have a TP, so I can test apps only in the emulator, this is for me not sufficient to ensure the "user-experience" I want.

Pitsop made some changes to the app. It uses the whole screen and has back-buttons. I got now permission from pitsop to publish it. Here you can download a first beta for the TP. I will try to post it @preware too, after some minor changes.
    After some quick tests most functions work very well.
    "show targets in mapping tool" doesn't work from the search list only from within the cache detail.
    This is the function I use most :-(

I like it very much, though!
    Looking for more news and updates on this great SW.

BTW. Logs are displayed in both versions, the HD and the beta Version (at least on my TP)
    Thank you berzerk. I will take a look to this problem and see what can be done.
    Hi Patty, working adding back icon in offline tools but today my adsl doesn't work.
    I will send you a new version soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    berzerk likes this.
  9.    #49  
    I investigated the log issue: It occurs only to Premium Members, I don't know, why they do there something different.
    Check out the new beta @preware which should fix it.
    Great! That new beta version is now working for me.

P.S.: That just earned you a donation :-)
    Last edited by ginpre; 06/25/2012 at 06:58 AM.
  11.    #51  
    I had to post an update to fix a problem with localized gc.com accounts. If you are using english language on the gc.com website, you will not need it.

@ginpre: Thanks for donation.
    love the app, it works well on my meta sprint pre. Any chance at adding the ability of posting photo's with the log?
    the integration with map tool is really nice.
    I just updated the app and am unable to see past logs. I am a premium member ar GC.
    it only happens on some of the cache listings.
    Last edited by carlos1787; 06/28/2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Hello.

I just wanted to say thank you for your great app.
    I just switched from Android to Webos phone (i loved my TP so much, i switched for phone too).
    Its really a great piece of software. Easy to use and very well supported.
    And really good readable on my cute little HP Veer

Thank you for beeing a Webos developer....

best regards

Hotte76

PS: If you need someone who translate things into german....let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitsop View Post
    Thank you berzerk. I will take a look to this problem and see what can be done.
    Hi Patty, working adding back icon in offline tools but today my adsl doesn't work.
    I will send you a new version soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi pitsop and Patty,

any news on the HD-Version? I am using it regularly.It is very usable apart from the mentioned bug and some minor issues .
    Looking forward for new version.
  15.    #55  
    Some words about the new beta:
    I'm trying to use the Google-Earth-API to generate the live map. This might help us to see a more updated map. As you can read in the API guildlines, Groundspeak allows us to query a map 25 times a day (Premium members 250). Everytime you open the map, one of these querys may be used. On a normal caching day (you can see up to 500 caches on one map) and if you are not using GoogeEarth, the number of querys sould be sufficient. If there are no more querys available, the old procedure will be used.

@berzerk: I'm not developing the HD version, this is pitsop's baby.
    Hi Patty21,

Could you please tell me how the "offline tools" work? Before going to holiday I downloaded all caches near to my holiday location, but did not find out how to access them (I had not WIFI and due to roaming no data connection).

I succeeded in downloading 10 caches for the desired coordinates but I do not know how to access them or find out where they are stored.

Thanks, Florian
    Last edited by florik; 10/15/2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Better description of issue
  17.    #57  
    Currently you need to know the GC-Code to access these Caches offline and it will speed up opening Caches from cache list, if they are already offline availiable (i.e. if you have a bad internet connection).

I will offer an offline search function in a later version ...
    I had to post an update to fix a problem with localized gc.com accounts. If you are using english language on the gc.com website, you will not need it.
    This problem is still present. I have tried for several month to use GC-gogo with no success. My login was not accepted. Today I set my account to english on gc.com and now it finally works! I'm using a Palm Pre + with webOS 2.1 and latest GC-gogo beta from Preware.
  19.    #59  
    Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
    You can find a new beta in preware fixing the following issues:
    - Login error, if gc.com website is set so some specific languages (i.e. German)
    - Caches with "<" in the name are not loading correctly (i.e. GC1JKA8)

I will post this update to the Appcat too.
    Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
    You can find a new beta in preware fixing the following issues:
    - Login error, if gc.com website is set so some specific languages (i.e. German)
    - Caches with "<" in the name are not loading correctly (i.e. GC1JKA8)

I will post this update to the Appcat too.
    Thanks!! Great work!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast