Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    Description:

This is a gui interface for the volume controls available on the touchpad with associated services to accomplish it (more on those later). It interfaces to both the alsa mixer controls and the primary volume level set by the volume key.

File:

0.1.5 link:http://www.box.com/s/d4d714f65e99accef5b8 or http://www.webosnation.com/touchvol (requires login)

Usage:
    Most settings should hopefully be fairly obvious.

Notes:

• Loads current settings from system on application launch.
    • Usual mixer slider operation for levels.
    • Current settings are saved at application quit, and restored to the system on reboot through an upstart service.
    • Large red Reset button in the center if you just want to set back to palm shipped defaults for all levels and controls. (or just uninstall the app and reboot)
    • Everything should be pretty safe, although the usual, "I accept no responsibility if this lights your grandmother on fire turns your cat into a dog" line applies. I would only caution that the Boost control could raise the volume levels to a point where speaker damage could conceivably occur. So be gentle with that one.

Controls present:
    5 band EQ
    L/R Balance
    3D sound shaping
    Output control: headset/speaker
    Boost (same source as used by the Increase Touchpad Volume patch)

Dependencies:
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$
    (available through preware & precentral)

Donations:
    If you happen to enjoy the program enough to donate, please do. My continued ability to do things like... eat, is much improved.

Licensing:
    Licensed under GPLv2

Homepage: touchcontrol.wordpress.com
    It's a wee bit cheesy atm, but maybe someday I'll do something to make it worth loading.
    10-26-2011 - The site sucks... less now.

Changelog:
    0.1.5 - Bugfix release due to change in services.
    0.1.4 - Feature release - many additions
    0.1.3 - Repack of 0.1.2 for webosnation changes"
    0.1.2 - Bugfix. Replaces one line I forgot to update.
    0.1.1 - Export/Import of profiles. Context popups on profiles activate by touch and hold.

0.1.0 - Many new features: Background images, Colored sliders, Profiles, Launcher shortcuts, Pulse reset, About Info screen, UI tweaks.
    (Optional Patch: There is a luna patch installable from within the TouchVol app menu which allows a stub launcher to run at startup and stay active to handle launchpoint requests. This is optional and replaces the dashboard launcher which will start by default when you run a launchpoint. An included message window will also appear with more detail when you run a launchpoint without the patch installed.)

0.0.3 - Added a shell script to replace the alsactl restore that was causing 'mute audio' for some users.

0.0.2 - Re-released 0.0.1 as 0.0.2 to try and fix preware listing.

0.0.1 - Initial release to the public. Change, more features, and code streamlining to come.
    git: here
    In case anyone is interested or wants a laugh.
    Last edited by bi0tech; 03/24/2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: new link
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Great!! Thx! I'll be trying this when I see it pop up in Preware!

Does it also provide pulse restart functionality like Application:PulseAudioRestarter - WebOS Internals
    If not, maybe an idea to add it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post

Does it also provide pulse restart functionality like Application:PulseAudioRestarter - WebOS Internals
    Currently, it does not. Though it should be fairly trivial to add it.
    Is this still a common issue? I've never actually had it happen to me.
    Hasn't been a problem for the two pads here since 3.0.4

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I sorta stumbled across this while looking for more info on my newly installed 3.04. I've been hoping to find software like this. It looks like the stock media player is now supporting FLAC also. I've been using it for most of the morning and all is working great. What a great morning eh!

Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    Description:

This is a gui interface for the volume controls available on the touchpad with associated services to accomplish it (more on those later). It interfaces to both the alsa mixer controls and the primary volume level set by the volume key.

File:
    Precentral link

Attaching here as a zip. Rename to .ipk and run through the preware installer.
    (If you don't know what any of that means, wait for it to show up in a preware feed, which hopefully is soon?)

Also, git hosted below.

Usage:
    Most settings should hopefully be fairly obvious.

Notes:

• Loads current settings from system on application launch.
    • Usual mixer slider operation for levels.
    • Current settings are saved at application quit, and restored to the system on reboot through an upstart service.
    • Large red Reset button in the center if you just want to set back to palm shipped defaults for all levels and controls. (or just uninstall the app and reboot)
    • Everything should be pretty safe, although the usual, "I accept no responsibility if this lights your grandmother on fire turns your cat into a dog" line applies. I would only caution that the Boost control could raise the volume levels to a point where speaker damage could conceivably occur. So be gentle with that one.

Controls present:
    5 band EQ
    L/R Balance
    3D sound shaping
    Output control: headset/speaker
    Boost (same source as used by the Increase Touchpad Volume patch)

Dependencies:
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$
    (available through preware & precentral)

Licensing:
    Licensed under GPLv2

Changelog:
    .0.0.1 - Initial release to the public. Change, more features, and code streamlining to come.
    git: here
    In case anyone is interested or wants a laugh.
    One of my requests answered! Looking forward to it showing up in preware, any idea as to when? Good job, you went beyond what I expected. Like the way it looks and what apperars to be ease of use. I do have one question, can the headphone switch be left in the on position all the time and will the settings apply to bluetooth headphones?

Keep up the good work.
    Just found this, thanks A question, is there any known adverse affects to cranking the headphone volume, as I use aux input at work daily, and that's sometimes one of my issues. If it's cranked and boosted, the only thing I should be worried about is distortion on my truck's speakers, correct? Nothing will happen to the TouchPad?

Nice interface. Clean and simple. Would be nice, I'm sure I'll figure it out, if the 5 band eq had some sort of indication of lows to highs.

Other than that thanks again
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerf6 View Post
    One of my requests answered! Looking forward to it showing up in preware, any idea as to when? Good job, you went beyond what I expected. Like the way it looks and what apperars to be ease of use. I do have one question, can the headphone switch be left in the on position all the time and will the settings apply to bluetooth headphones?

Keep up the good work.
    The headphone switch is dependent on the device switching, I don't know of any way currently to 'lock' it into that mode, only override once it does.

As for bluetooth, I doubt it. It would likely be a different set of controls than what most of these are modifying. I might have an old bluetooth handfree in a drawer somewhere, otherwise someone would have to experiment with amixer for me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If it's cranked and boosted, the only thing I should be worried about is distortion on my truck's speakers, correct? Nothing will happen to the TouchPad?
    Generally speaking, yes. The amp should only be able to put out a set amount of current. The actual waveform it creates is irrelevant. Using it with any sort of external amplifier should be able to reduce the distortion if you reduce the "preamp" level (the touchpad volume) and increase on the inline amp. (headunit, pocket amp, etc)

As for the eq, yeah it is a bit ambiguous, but I couldn't think of good labeling system that kept it all simple and out of the way. Idea?
    Jolsba likes this.
    Awesome app bro. Thanks a lot for making this.
    Now if some equalizer presets can be added, it would be awesome.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    On slider bars 1, 3, 5 you could put low, med, high or use thick to thin bars, the thicker being the low freqs.

I like this far better than the increase vol patch, way better control

Would you be able to make it so you can save presets?.Also maybe a mode where if you move one slider, the neighboring ones adjust as well? A tight grouping and loose grouping?

And the 3D sound, what is that exactly, just reverb added? It almost sounds like a slight tape-loop echo, and possibly chorus effect?

Thanks again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Next to the browser, I will be using this the most. It immediately became a shortcut on the bottom launcher.
    Thank you. And it's free! You are too generous.
    Not sure if this is possible, but could it somehow be accessible from the top bar (where time, battery indicator), or is that reserved for WebOS GUI only? It would be great to be able to control the volume without moving a card out of the way to bring TouchVol into focus.
  13.    #13  

Ok soon as I said something this got me on the upgrade to 3.0.4.
    The next version has a Pulse reset button.
    stbxxl likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    On slider bars 1, 3, 5 you could put low, med, high or use thick to thin bars, the thicker being the low freqs.

Would you be able to make it so you can save presets?.Also maybe a mode where if you move one slider, the neighboring ones adjust as well? A tight grouping and loose grouping?
    Quote Originally Posted by lovleshgarg89 View Post
    Now if some equalizer presets can be added, it would be awesome.
    I cheaped out on some labels with vertical text that I think fit well enough.

Presets are on the schedule, a few predefined and custom saving. I might experiment with the slider grouping but probably not for a while.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Not sure if this is possible, but could it somehow be accessible from the top bar (where time, battery indicator), or is that reserved for WebOS GUI only? It would be great to be able to control the volume without moving a card out of the way to bring TouchVol into focus.
    I'm not sure how to minimize the card out of sight at the moment. Adding to the gui should be easy enough. I could probably setup a service on the menu and it could relaunch but that would in effect just be another shortcut. If I find a reasonable way to do it, then it's on my todo list.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    I'm not sure how to minimize the card out of sight at the moment. Adding to the gui should be easy enough. I could probably setup a service on the menu and it could relaunch but that would in effect just be another shortcut. If I find a reasonable way to do it, then it's on my todo list.
    I'm looking forward to using this! Any idea when it might show up in Preware?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Seems like the preware feed is not working?
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I can't get it to install from preware either :-(
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Same issue here. Can not finish installing.

Well, it seems that when you fire up the app if you lost your audio before that it just restart is the same way PulseAudioRestarter does. Nice side effect
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast