Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 166
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #141  
    Good times, I've PMed you the output. Looking forward to future releases
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  2. #142  
    pre11 is much better behaved.
    Great work!
  3. #143  
    first of all awessom work -my touchpad speakers are twice louder than my laptop's....and i am thankful to this like everyone else, but i observed after installing touchvol
    -> whenever i inserted my headphones,they are not working.. and when i disconnected the headfone ,speaker sound also goes off.
    -> restarting the touchpad fixes the problem atleast for speakers ,but headfone have not worked eversince i installed this in my touchpad.
    i am on 3.0.4 , i have tried changing the mode to headphone in touchvol whenever i insert the headfone but didn't help, i have tried restart pulse audio also..several times but didn't help either...
    pl tell how to fix this..
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    -> whenever i inserted my headphones,they are not working.. and when i disconnected the headfone ,speaker sound also goes off.
    -> restarting the touchpad fixes the problem atleast for speakers ,but headfone have not worked eversince i installed this in my touchpad.
    Sound like a sticky headphone jack to me. Assuming its not, there are some questions I'd have.

    Which version of TouchVol? (from the about screen) Is this a single set of headphones or multiple? What model? 3/4 pin connector? If TouchVol is removed, you can attach/remove headphones repeatedly without issue?
  5. #145  
    @bi0tech
    version of TouchVol is 0.1.4 ,
    Is this a single set of headphones or multiple - its same with all three headphone / earfone i have -not working
    What model ? - it is 16gb wifi on 3.0.4
    3/4 pin connector? no its plain / normal simple one -single connector
    If TouchVol is removed, you can attach/remove headphones repeatedly without issue? i have not tried removing touchvol but i am definitely sure my touchpad speakers were working with headfone too..
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    version of TouchVol is 0.1.4
    Since 0.1.4 isn't released there are several prerelease versions, with the latest being pre11. This is shown only in the about screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    3/4 pin connector? no its plain / normal simple one -single connector
    Headsets will use either a trs or trrs connector. trs is 3 connectors with 2 rings, trrs is 4 connector with 3 rings. File:IPod and iPhone audio plugs.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    i have not tried removing touchvol but i am definitely sure my touchpad speakers were working with headfone too..
    As far as diagnostic steps go, 1 would be to make sure you are using the latest version (0.1.4 pre11), 2 would be to remove TouchVol to confirm.
  7. #147  
    @bi0tech
    TouchVol--yes it is the latest one i.e. pre11
    HEADSETS -- i had tried with both trs & trrs connector [ thanx for the info-didn't know that before ]
    i'll remove TouchVol n confirm , removing is straight i believe ..using QI?
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  8.    #148  
    For this purpose I would say uninstall by whatever means and reboot the device.
  9. #149  
    i uninstalled touchvol..and speakers are working with & without headfone both ..strange thing is ..i feel my speaker volume output is unaffected i.e. as loud as i felt after installing touchvol ..i may be wrong...but i do remember it was less before installing touchvol...is this possible??
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    i uninstalled touchvol..and speakers are working with & without headfone both ..strange thing is ..i feel my speaker volume output is unaffected i.e. as loud as i felt after installing touchvol ..i may be wrong...but i do remember it was less before installing touchvol...is this possible??
    Only if one of two things have occurred:

    • The uninstall failed in some manner and the startup service is still present in /var/palm/event.d
    • You have something else making changes like the previous 'increase touchpad volume' app.
  11. #151  
    Loving the 0.1.5 version in my Pre 3 but... I can't change balance! Before, left and right sliders were independent, now there's a little padlock icon on the left, and both sliders always go together. Did I miss something?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Loving the 0.1.5 version in my Pre 3 but... I can't change balance! Before, left and right sliders were independent, now there's a little padlock icon on the left, and both sliders always go together. Did I miss something?
    The padlock icon indicates the locked/unlocked status of the sliders. You unlock the padlock and then you can move the sliders independently.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The padlock icon indicates the locked/unlocked status of the sliders. You unlock the padlock and then you can move the sliders independently.
    No way, the icon doesn't respond to touch. Perhaps because it's too small for my Pre 3 screen?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The padlock icon indicates the locked/unlocked status of the sliders. You unlock the padlock and then you can move the sliders independently.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    No way, the icon doesn't respond to touch. Perhaps because it's too small for my Pre 3 screen?
    Responds to touch fine on my touchpad.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Responds to touch fine on my touchpad.
    Same on the Pre3.
  16. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    No way, the icon doesn't respond to touch. Perhaps because it's too small for my Pre 3 screen?
    It works on my Pre3 but you needto look carefully to notice the difference between lock and unlock.

    Alan
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    It works on my Pre3 but you needto look carefully to notice the difference between lock and unlock.
    Thanks all guys. For one of the most embarrasing moments in my tech life! ;-)
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  18. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    I love TV and agree with jayteeee about the graphical enhancements.

    And I love that TV is working on my 2.1.1 Veer, alas it is not optimised for my screen resolution. Are you working on that?

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

    what did you do to get this working? Mine just sits on a card with a flashing speaker, but never completes loading.

    2.1.2 veer and tv 0.1.5

    thanks!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  19. #159  
    Since a couple of days, TouchVol has no effect in my Pre3: I plug the same earbuds as always, and I get the distintive, weak sound of standard. Perhaps even worse, I'd say.

    If I crank up the volume (not in TouchVol, but with physical volume buttons) up to the last two notches, sound is noticeably distorted, but not that loud. It seems there's some kind of heavy compression and clipping happening somewhere. Also, while the boost function does work, the equalizer has zero effect.

    Prior to this, I enjoyed beefed up sound, thanks to boost and EQ, but without noticeable distortion. Even leaving the system volume halfway gave me enough punch, and distortion only came in upper three notches, that I seldom used because of their loudness.

    Perhaps something is stuck somewhere? I've rebooted and even removed battery. Here's my "amixer-restore.state", just in case, and also a screenshot:

    Code:
    cset numid=92 0
    cset numid=151   ; Item #0 'Left'
    cset numid=21 0
    cset numid=22 0
    cset numid=23 0
    cset numid=24 0
    cset numid=25 0
    cset numid=115 on,off
    cset numid=152 96,96
    cset numid=117 off
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 08/21/2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Since a couple of days, TouchVol has no effect in my Pre3: I plug the same earbuds as always, and I get the distintive, weak sound of standard. Perhaps even worse, I'd say.
    That doesn't look like a state file from 0.1.5. Uninstall / reboot - install 0.1.5 from preware or however your usual install method is.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions