Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    nice work! i had a friend whose volume buttons are broken. i directed him to your app
    I love TV and agree with jayteeee about the graphical enhancements.

And I love that TV is working on my 2.1.1 Veer, alas it is not optimised for my screen resolution. Are you working on that?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    I love TV and agree with jayteeee about the graphical enhancements.

And I love that TV is working on my 2.1.1 Veer, alas it is not optimised for my screen resolution. Are you working on that?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    First I've heard regarding the Veer. I can't find anything on the audio chipset, so that would lead me to believe that only a few of the controls would actually function on it.
    Excellent app! Breathes new life into my Touchpad. I was unable to watch some MKV's using KalemSoft because the source material had a low volume level to begin with. On top of that, the TP levels were horribly faint using my headphones. Now, all is good. Thanks much!
    First I've heard regarding the Veer. I can't find anything on the audio chipset, so that would lead me to believe that only a few of the controls would actually function on it.
    The built in profiles Loud and Mute work, but yeah, without equalizer changes or boost functionality (so no chance Treble or Bass will work).
    After installing the Luna patch I couldn’t toggle the volume with the hardware buttons any more, so I removed it.
    Changing the System volume only works when the built in audio settings app is closed. Changing Media volume works all the time.
    And you can switch between speakers or headphones.
    Saving profiles also works, but just with effect to the working settings of course.

If you need testers, here I am!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  6.    #126  
    I put up a poll to see if there's any interest in supporting older devices in a minimal fashion. (likely media/system volume controls and an output selector toggle)

Who wants to see a minimal TouchVol for older devices? « touchcontrol

I'm generally not in favor of doing more work, that I get no benefit from without good reason.

Sidenote: Ver 0.1.1 should be out soon. Basic support for export/import of profiles, and more direct launchpoint creation. Both are accessed through tap and hold on profiles.
    Found an interesting quirk in TouchVol on Pre3- the Headphone volume slider says it's at maximum when it can actually go a fair bit higher. If you drag it to the right when it's already at it's maximum you'll get a significant distortion-free boost in volume. Would love to have it as default, but it doesn't seem to stick if I put it in a profile.

Almost gave myself a heart attack the other day when I found this out. Loud. Also changes still don't stick after a reboot, whereas they do on the Touchpad.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Found an interesting quirk in TouchVol on Pre3- the Headphone volume slider says it's at maximum when it can actually go a fair bit higher.

Also changes still don't stick after a reboot, whereas they do on the Touchpad.
    The headphone volume is likely a sort of quirk resulting from mode switching. The pulse setup automatically changes the headphone level on mode switch and I do not poll for alsa value changes beyond startup as it's a waste of resources. There are some changes in the beta version that will catch it and I might add in an option to strip those headphone values.

As for the settings on reboot that's the first I've heard of it. Whatever values are set when you close the app should get restored on reboot outside of the basic media/system volume levels.

Check for: /var/palm/event.d/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol & /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol/scripts/amixer-restore.state
    is there any chance the equalizer can work with older devices with a Bluetooth headset? I have tv installed on a pre2 and everything seems to work except with Bluetooth can't tell any difference with the equalizer settings. I don't have a regular wired headset to see if it works with that
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    is there any chance the equalizer can work with older devices with a Bluetooth headset? I have tv installed on a pre2 and everything seems to work except with Bluetooth can't tell any difference with the equalizer settings. I don't have a regular wired headset to see if it works with that
    As mentioned in earlier posts, bluetooth & devices other than the Touchpad/Pre3 are not supported.
    could your app in anyway be used to solve or reduce the touchpad as phone echo issue? and/or controlling the touchpad volume when it is being used as a phone?
    thanks
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    could your app in anyway be used to solve or reduce the touchpad as phone echo issue? and/or controlling the touchpad volume when it is being used as a phone?
    thanks
    I know this does not answer your question, but I believe I recall that installing the "really quiet ringer switch" patch on my Pre 3 helped with the echo which using the TP as a speakerphone via BT.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I know this does not answer your question, but I believe I recall that installing the "really quiet ringer switch" patch on my Pre 3 helped with the echo which using the TP as a speakerphone via BT.
    thanks I'll try that out. Have you found any way of lowering the speaker volume on the touchpad during a call?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    thanks I'll try that out. Have you found any way of lowering the speaker volume on the touchpad during a call?
    I have not actually tried to lower it. However, give TouchVol a try. It gives much finer control, and you could even try to use the equalizer function to ramp the volume down further. (Moving all frequencies down the same amount so they function as a further volume control)
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I have not actually tried to lower it. However, give TouchVol a try. It gives much finer control, and you could even try to use the equalizer function to ramp the volume down further. (Moving all frequencies down the same amount so they function as a further volume control)
    Tried it but to no avail, didn't help. I created a new thread about this if anyone has any ideas

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-touchpad/312557-touchpad-phone-volume-echo-issue.html#post3305168
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    As mentioned in earlier posts, bluetooth & devices other than the Touchpad/Pre3 are not supported.
    Thanks. Hopefully open source will provide some solutions
  17.    #137  
    It's about that time again. 0.1.4 - pre8 is about ready for release. I'd appreciate some testing. Details on changes are in the first post and in the About screen.

The pre3 likely has the internal/external mic controls reversed. I neither have a pre3 or a headset with mic for that matter, so that's something to look for.
    The last couple of versions of 0.1.4 have had issues with setting custom profiles for me (Pre3 2.2.4)- The built-in profiles apply fine, but my custom profile (All properties stored, master and headphone volumes both locked) just does nothing when I try to apply it (both via Launchpoint and Profiles menu).

Also, the Luna Patch option no longer seems to work for me. It applied fine on 0.1.2, but the new version simply darkens the app and stops responding. I've manually removed the previous version's patch through the script in the app's cryptofs directory too, still nothing.

Re my previous query about it not restoring stuff on reboot, both files exist. amixer-restore.state contains the following:
    cset numid=21 0
    cset numid=22 0
    cset numid=23 0
    cset numid=24 0
    cset numid=25 0
    cset numid=36 0
    cset numid=42 0
    cset numid=92 0
    cset numid=115 on,off
    cset numid=117 off
    cset numid=143 119,119
    cset numid=151 ; Item #0 'Left'
    cset numid=152 96,96

I presume the other file is a startup script to restore the values by passing them through amixer -s. I hope this can be fixed, the Pre3 really isn't loud enough by default, but it's a real faff to open TouchVol, rotate left (so the gesture area's on the right- difficult/impossible to drag the sliders to max otherwise. Also the locks are really hard to hit in portrait.) lock the system and media volumes then drag to maximum before I start listening.

Oh, and I think you're right about the reversed mic; I haven't changed it at all and it looks like it's set to 0 on the dashboard.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 03/13/2012 at 01:00 PM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    It's about that time again. 0.1.4 - pre8 is about ready for release. I'd appreciate some testing. Details on changes are in the first post and in the About screen.

The pre3 likely has the internal/external mic controls reversed. I neither have a pre3 or a headset with mic for that matter, so that's something to look for.
    any chance to get the sensitivity for the Mic in? This is from another discussion but it might help for the ppl that use the TP as BT speaker phone and reduce the feed back from the Mic in these cases.
  20.    #140  
    Re my previous query about it not restoring stuff on reboot, both files exist. amixer-restore.state contains the following:
    cset numid=21 0
    cset numid=22 0
    cset numid=23 0
    cset numid=24 0
    cset numid=25 0
    cset numid=36 0
    cset numid=42 0
    cset numid=92 0
    cset numid=115 on,off
    cset numid=117 off
    cset numid=143 119,119
    cset numid=151 ; Item #0 'Left'
    cset numid=152 96,96
    That's definitely not saving the correct state. I'll need the Pre3 alsa mixer index output.
    "amixer contents > amixer_contents.txt" (post/im/email me the amixer_contents.txt file)

Also, the Luna Patch option no longer seems to work for me. It applied fine on 0.1.2, but the new version simply darkens the app and stops responding. I've manually removed the previous version's patch through the script in the app's cryptofs directory too, still nothing.
    Fixed the patch just now, forgot I commented out a line.

Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    any chance to get the sensitivity for the Mic in? This is from another discussion but it might help for the ppl that use the TP as BT speaker phone and reduce the feed back from the Mic in these cases.
    Mic controls are already in. Separate panel in the main gui, saves on exit/restores on startup like the rest of the controls. Not sure whether I'm going to leave in the dashboard mic control or not.
    Last edited by bi0tech; 03/13/2012 at 03:24 PM.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast