Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #81  
    After some additional fiddling about, it's definitely the mixer state restore that's the trigger.

Once this happens simply doing a state store:
    alsactl -f <state filename> store 0

And then a restore a few seconds later:
    alsactl -f <same file name> restore 0

Mutes the audio until you reset the audio subsystem. There's something odd there.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Can you do a small app that does all this?

Alan

If anyone gets this problem to occur again and has access to a command line get a copy of this file while the audio is not working:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol/amixer-default.state

Then you can run:
    "stop pulseaudio; stop audiod; sleep 2; start audiod; start pulseaudio"
    which should restore sound. Just open the app once sound is working and it will save a good state on close.
    this worked for me. I grabbed the file. Do you still need it?

Baldric

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    this worked for me. I grabbed the file. Do you still need it?

Baldric

Keep a hold of it for a bit.

For the moment I think I'm just going to go around the problem. Tracking down exactly why an alsactl restore is having this reaction is taking too much time when I can just avoid it and restore only the controls I need. I'll have to leave it as something to revisit another day.

A few more tests and I should have 0.0.3 out to resolve the muted audio.
    Version 0.0.3 is working fine here: No sound problems, no vibration issue and nothing to mention with Skype or TuneIn radio.

Perfect, thanks!
    0.0.3.. Beautiful! Likewise.. That's HEAPS smoother all round!

Thank you!

TP just gets better & better!

ROCKIN!

PS. With the EQ sliders, might it not be more 'intuitive' to position Bass @ the 'Bottom' & Treble @ the 'Top'.... just a thought!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/03/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    rickeroo likes this.
    Any chance you would be able to add external sound card support for volume controls?
    I've just made usb audio support work in the kernels and helped sconix add usb audio switching support to his PulseAudio Settings App, some way to control volume down to this level would be really handy

Cheers Hewball
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by hewball View Post
    Any chance you would be able to add external sound card support for volume controls?
    I've just made usb audio support work in the kernels and helped sconix add usb audio switching support to his PulseAudio Settings App, some way to control volume down to this level would be really handy

Cheers Hewball
    Hmm...

Well as long as it was available to the alsa mixer I could parse a list and generate controls for everything in it. I doubt all usb audio devices use standard naming conventions so it would just be a blind list of whatever aliases were setup. If that sounds like what you needed then yeah it's possible.

I am curious as to what your intended outcome was for external usb sound? Any problems with cpu overhead?
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    A few more tests and I should have 0.0.3 out to resolve the muted audio.
    Thanks for the update, but is there any reason that the Launcher icon doubled in size? It's kind of unwieldy.

Update: Nevermind--a Luna took care of the problem.
    Last edited by bethel95; 11/04/2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: update
  10.    #90  
    For anyone watching, I tacked up a pre-release copy in the first post. Needs some testing, so get to it!

Also, any suggestions for screencast software for use in recording a basic instruction video? I grabbed a copy of Camstudio, and after a good bit of fiddling finally got it to work. Any other good freebies, preferrably open source?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Thanks! Can you explain more about the luna platform patch? I was not certain what that does.

Touchvol seems to work fine on my Touchpad. However, it does not seem to have any effect when playing music through the back speaker on my Pre 3. I have will not have a chance to try it with headphones for a bit.

Thank you for working on this!

Update: Confirmed it does not have any effect on the Pre 3. (Works great on the TP!)

Update 2: reinstalled the old Pre 3 version you had emailed me a while back and that works fine.
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 11/13/2011 at 04:21 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    This guy is my hero! Because of TouchVol I can finally use my Pre 3 as my primary audio device with my Ultimate Ears in-ears!

This app instantly became my must-have, can't-live-without app for my Pre 3 and to a lesser extent also my TP!

Keep up the good work!
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Thanks! Can you explain more about the luna platform patch? I was not certain what that does.

Update: Confirmed it does not have any effect on the Pre 3. (Works great on the TP!)

Update 2: reinstalled the old Pre 3 version you had emailed me a while back and that works fine.
    The patch gives touchvol the same status as some of the preinstalled apps like email, messaging, etc. It's gets launched automatically by luna and kept running. I would be surprised if the patch installs on the Pre3 given it probably has different/more startup apps.
    In which case I need a copy of the /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf on the Pre3.

The code for the actual controls hasn't change since the first version really. I have my doubts as to whether the controls will be restored to the right values on reboot with the Pre3, but as far as actual adjustment inside the app, it should work the same as it ever did.

Only thing I could think of is the services didn't get installed properly somehow.

There should be two files: (pub is probably the only one that matters but it should be the same in both)
    /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol.service &
    /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol.service

The exec line of each should start off: Exec=/var/usr/bin/run-homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$

Also, I really need a copy of the output from: 'amixer contents' on a Pre3 from someone to make sure the restore is setup correctly. (from the cmdline: 'amixer contents > /media/internal/output_file.txt' and either post or email me the txt file.)
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    The patch gives touchvol the same status as some of the preinstalled apps like email, messaging, etc. It's gets launched automatically by luna and kept running. I would be surprised if the patch installs on the Pre3 given it probably has different/more startup apps.
    In which case I need a copy of the /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf on the Pre3.

The code for the actual controls hasn't change since the first version really. I have my doubts as to whether the controls will be restored to the right values on reboot with the Pre3, but as far as actual adjustment inside the app, it should work the same as it ever did.

Only thing I could think of is the services didn't get installed properly somehow.

There should be two files: (pub is probably the only one that matters but it should be the same in both)
    /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol.service &
    /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol.service

The exec line of each should start off: Exec=/var/usr/bin/run-homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$

Also, I really need a copy of the output from: 'amixer contents' on a Pre3 from someone to make sure the restore is setup correctly. (from the cmdline: 'amixer contents > /media/internal/output_file.txt' and either post or email me the txt file.)
    Many thanks!

Ok- I found that both of those directories had two files, one with a .service ending, the second with a .service.service ending. The first one looked correct and I deleted the ones with the double .service.service entry. That seemed to fix it! Works great!

As to the patch- What is the benefit of giving it the same status as the preinstalled apps? I am still not clear on this.

my luna.platform.conf looks like:

[UI]
    TabletUi=true
    PositiveSpaceTopPadding=42
    PositiveSpaceBottomPadding=42
    ScaleFactor=1.5
    AtlasEnabled=false

[Display]
    TurnOffAccelerometerWhenDimmed=true
    TurnOffCompass=true

[VirtualKeyboard]
    VirtualKeyboardEnabled=false

Cheers! -Jud
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Hi all,
    I've been a happy user for a couple of weeks, but tonight I tried to use my Bluetooth audio, and it didn't transmit the audio. I uninstalled Youthful, and everything worked as expected.

Any chance that touchvol could be made to work with Bluetooth audio too?

Thanks
    Baldric

Okay, I just downloaded the 0.1.0 version and installed it on my Pre 3, but it doesn't seem to fully work. is this a known issue, or has it to do with the issues described above?

Went back to 0.3.0 which works fine...
    Really liked the 'profiles' functionality and the colored sliders.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Many thanks!
    As to the patch- What is the benefit of giving it the same status as the preinstalled apps? I am still not clear on this.
    There should be a wall of text in there when you try using a Launchpoint without the patch to explain. The short version is that it's to handle the launchpoint info without a visible window. It has to have something visible to stay alive. Without the patch luna kills off the process after about 60secs. So to process launchpoints without popping the full gui, its either dashboard or luna patch.

From that luna-platform.conf, the current patch definitely won't install for the Pre3. Looks like it probably keeps the settings it needs in luna.conf like the emulators do. I will either need to have multiple patches or rework it into something with more iq, like an awk script.
    I'm quite the noob in this regard, but what if I leave the program (or card) open on my Pre 3, it seems that the effects stay effective then.

You mean Luna kills off the process when I close the app? or do I misunderstand?

thanks!
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by lebasocir View Post
    Okay, I just downloaded the 0.1.0 version and installed it on my Pre 3, but it doesn't seem to fully work. is this a known issue, or has it to do with the issues described above?

Went back to 0.3.0 which works fine...
    Really liked the 'profiles' functionality and the colored sliders.
    I'd guess it has to do with the same thing JC encountered. The installer doesn't seem to handle service names in the same way exactly. I had changed the service name from a previous method to get rid of an extra copy of the service file that got created on the touchpad. It was ignored by the service processor but popped a message each time.

Seems that 2.x has a difference in the installer I hadn't noticed yet.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by lebasocir View Post
    I'm quite the noob in this regard, but what if I leave the program (or card) open on my Pre 3, it seems that the effects stay effective then.

You mean Luna kills off the process when I close the app? or do I misunderstand?

thanks!
    Ok I replaced the app file. This is a rebuilt one with the old naming style, that should work on both the Pre3 & TP.