Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Well, I installed on my other touchpad, and I did lose sound. Uninstalled, and rebooted, reinstalled and everything worked fine. I have tried to recreate the problem and I am not able to.

Wish I could help more. Its a great app, particularly listening to music on my Pre 3 at the gym!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  2.    #62  
    Interesting...

So do you lose sound right after install? After the first time you run it?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    Interesting...

So do you lose sound right after install? After the first time you run it?
    Yes, I think it happened right after luna restart, but before actually running touchvol, but I am not 100% sure. I have not been able to recreate it...;
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Thanks for this fine app. Works like a charm on my TP.
    Can you fix the github link? Would like to have a look at it ;-)
    Iīm not sure, if itīs really a TouchVol issue, but after the deinstallation everything is fine now again.

My problem: I installed TouchVol and everything seems to be fine, but I hadnīt the time to test the app immediatly. Next day I want to test it and hadnīt any sound. So I restarted the TP and it seems, that everything works fine, I even had no problems with a video-call to my father via skype. But afterwards i realized, that the TP is vibrated without any reason nearly every 30 seconds, but only, when I made some input in it. I could fix this with a restart again, but then I had some problems with the skype connection, it was really Hard to get one, but sometimes it was possible. I also tried TuneIn Radio: No connection there either. And what is more, not only the vibrations stopped, there was no sound anymore as well.

This was the point, I decided to deinstall TouchVol and as I wrote, the TP is working fine again.
    Also still some strange interaction between Touchplayer (1.0.4 on 3.0.4) and TouchVol I reckon!

After installing and setting TouchVol, Touchplayer froze and all sound was lost after a reset. Ran Audio Restart to no effect.
    Touchpad became slow and unresponsive instigating a forced restart and uninstall of TouchVol.
    Reverted to 'Increase Vol' patch instead.. all remains good.
    This has occurred in 3-4 separate trials now.

Just an idea? Could there be a problem with TouchVol an Increase Touchpad Volume installed at the same time?

ITV is working fine at my TP and I just installed TouchVol beside not instead.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks for this fine app. Works like a charm on my TP.
    Can you fix the github link? Would like to have a look at it ;-)
    Forgot I did that. Had some issues authenticating and never updated it.

It's up now, although in the spirit of Halloween it's frightful. I'm not a native OOP programmer and my thought processes rarely stray into the area of 'designed implementation.' I'll clean it up eventually, but I can't be held responsible for coding style induced madness. =)
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post
    Just an idea? Could there be a problem with TouchVol an Increase Touchpad Volume installed at the same time?

Not in the strictest sense. Essentially whichever app has it's update service run last will get the overriding value. Both of these just run an upstart service which sets a value at boot time. Both apps can set the same value, TouchVol just sets many more. So whichever runs last, wins on that setting.
  10.    #70  
    While I appreciate all bug reports and issues, for positive movement on anything some degree of protocol and repeatability needs to be present. At the very least I would suggest a reboot or forced shutdown before attempting to repeat the issue.

Without some measure of strict reproducibility I can't make headway on where or what could be causing it. After I finish the next version I'll Dr my pad again and try with a fresh OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post

I did uninstall 'ITV' first as a precaution.. yes.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I also had volume issues with TouchVol installed. Uninstalled and rebooted and it's back to normal (webos 3.0.4)
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    It's up now, although in the spirit of Halloween it's frightful. I'm not a native OOP programmer and my thought processes rarely stray into the area of 'designed implementation.' I'll clean it up eventually, but I can't be held responsible for coding style induced madness. =)
    Thanks bi0tech, will have a look anyway. If you want to see the perfect code I suggest not to look into the sources of Dr.Battery either. I always wanted to clean up the mess as well ;-)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Same issue here with losing sound. Removed the app and restarted device and sound's fine again. I also noticed that the rebooting behaviour was weird. It takes a long while before it reboots and it doesn't show the spinning circle. It just turns off and reboots again.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Same issue here with losing sound. Removed the app and restarted device and sound's fine again. I also noticed that the rebooting behaviour was weird. It takes a long while before it reboots and it doesn't show the spinning circle. It just turns off and reboots again.
    I would uninstall/reinstall with reboots in between. I have this working on two Touchpads and a Pre 3. In addition to the boost options, the EQ is awesome.
  16.    #76  
    On a whim I decided to Dr to a fresh 3.04. Documenting all steps I took on a test run:

Loaded - US - English
    Signed into HP account, let it restore all catalog apps
    Enabled Dev mode
    Loaded Preware through WOSQI
    Signed into Pandora to give me a testable audio source, left it playing.
    Opened up Preware, update feeds, selected Touchvol 0.0.2
    Allowed Preware to resolved dependency and install JSJSJS $homebrew$
    Skipped Luna restart (realistically Luna restart on install isn't required but I left it on more as a failsafe)
    Found the Touchvol icon, and fired it up. Played with all the controls all worked.
    Exited, relaunched, etc.

In short I still haven't seen this issue.
    Last edited by bi0tech; 11/01/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    I also had the issue with losing sound. A hard reset fixed it.
    Losing sound and sound becoming distorted appears to be a bug that appeared in 3.0.4:
    Code:
    forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/304208-distorted-noise-touchpad-12.html
    (Can't post links.)

Maybe this app just triggers it somehow?
    I've had sound completely stopping and even a reboot doesn't fix. Originally, I was re-doctoring when this happened, but the removal and reboot works.
    For the sound to completely stop, i've been running music player remix for several hours and then the audio stops. When it does, I can't play any more music: ie, if I hit play the progress indicator doesn't progress as well as no audio. Doesn't matter if I relaunch music player remix or even reboot, it still just sits there and doesn't progress.

Also, AudiophileHD doesn't start properly. I'll note down the error message next time it does it.

Thanks
    Baldric

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  19.    #79  
    Ok to follow up my little adventure story, I *might* have an explanation. So continuing with a good software QA mentality:

With my freshly imaged Touchpad, I needed to reinstall a buttload of things from preware. So I had put in maybe 12 packages or so, got openssh back to running, etc.. when one package requested a Luna restart and I agreed out of habit.

A few seconds later it comes back with no sound.

I try running Pandora and it sits with a spinner up. I tried to connect via ssh which was working not 1 minute ago and it's disconnected. (I had actually seen this once before just after I upgraded to 3.04 originally and bypassed it with a hard reboot.) Started up Xterm and restart openssh. Tried to check out the messages log, but by default there is just way too much crap spewing messages about in there. I give pulseaudio a restart, wait a few seconds nothing. So I restart the audio daemon and pulseaudio and I notice the launcher menu has sound again.
    Relaunched Pandora and it's still spinning - started poking services with a digital stick and watching logs but accidently triggered a reboot before I found anything else that was "stuck." After reboot everything is completely normal.

Unsatisfied I went back to the Dr for another go round. This time I repeated everything step by step exactly the same and no issues of any kind.

I'm going to conclude at this point, that the issue is an expression of the "audio bug" which can be triggered by calling a lunarestart. (I'm probably going to remove the restart request from the app package at least until I get around to trying the reason I initially set it.) I've only seen it since 3.04 but I believe some say it was in 3.02 also, so I can't be sure.

The only explanation I can think of as to why people notice it more after installing touchvol is the state restore. Each time you quit, it saves the audio state, using amixer, for restore on reboot set by the upstart service. So when the bug happens it's conceivable that mixer is getting bad settings, which are then saved when you open and then exit the app.

The next version already has a pulseaudio reset button, I'm going to add in an audio daemon restart in sequence with it. Doing that should restore audio without rebooting.

If anyone gets this problem to occur again and has access to a command line get a copy of this file while the audio is not working:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.wordpress.touchcontrol.touchvol/amixer-default.state

Then you can run:
    "stop pulseaudio; stop audiod; sleep 2; start audiod; start pulseaudio"
    which should restore sound. Just open the app once sound is working and it will save a good state on close.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just wondering, would restarting the audio deamon also fix the distorted audio (unrelated to touchvol) that has been discussed here http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...touchpad.html?

Just restarting pulseaudio doesn't fix it.