Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #21  
    Currently the app definition in the preware feed is missing several descriptors including the file source. It will, of course, not install from the preware feed until that's fixed.

If anyone has info on how to expedite getting someones attention at precentral to fix the problem, feel free to speak up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    Ok soon as I said something this got me on the upgrade to 3.0.4.
    The next version has a Pulse reset button.
    biotech, do you have a better handle on when you might be releasing this app?

and thanks for all the good work on webos
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    precentral link fails to install. 'Invalid or missing filename parameter' from the ipg.log file.

oops - just seen the previous post.
    yeah I tried twice to install the preware version and since it hung up on me on install I swipped it away and since then my sound is muddy like I blew the speakers...

rebooted and no change....

what do you recommend I can do to fix this....short of a doctor...???
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    yeah I tried twice to install the preware version and since it hung up on me on install I swipped it away and since then my sound is muddy like I blew the speakers...

rebooted and no change....

what do you recommend I can do to fix this....short of a doctor...???
    If you tried to grab from preware, it currently can't install anything of mine. The descriptor to get the file simply isn't there.

I've noticed some weirdness since I upgraded to 3.04, (could be coincidental, but I didn't see it until after 3.04) saw what looked like some module loader issues in /var/messages. I'm not overly concerned until I see it more often.

As far as quick fix, if a reboot or power down and startup doesn't work, the hard reboot works for me. (Hold down the power button and the "select" button by the power connector until the screen goes blank. Hold down power again to boot it up.)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    So you're saying, the (not succesfully installing) version from preware cannot cause the problems kataran mentions? That's a relief, can't test audio now, in a meeting, but was already fearing my audio may be screwed too now.
    If you tried to grab from preware, it currently can't install anything of mine. The descriptor to get the file simply isn't there.

I've noticed some weirdness since I upgraded to 3.04, (could be coincidental, but I didn't see it until after 3.04) saw what looked like some module loader issues in /var/messages. I'm not overly concerned until I see it more often.

As far as quick fix, if a reboot or power down and startup doesn't work, the hard reboot works for me. (Hold down the power button and the "select" button by the power connector until the screen goes blank. Hold down power again to boot it up.)

thanks i hit it with the defibulator like you explained above

sound is back to normal.....just played Black Sabbath....War Pigs.....yeah baby!
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Just checked and this also works fine on my Pre 3, although the UI is a little bit off.

Thank you again for this!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Just checked and this also works fine on my Pre 3, although the UI is a little bit off.

Thank you again for this!
    lol

Can't say I ever intended it to be used on anything but the Touchpad. Looks like the audio chipset is almost identical to the Touchpad so I suppose all of the level controls could actually work without changes. Could you confirm that all the controls do what they are supposed to?

I loaded up a 2.20 emu, to take a peek. I think the UI survived fairly well for being squished to death!

If everything seems to work, I might sneak in some model specific tweaks to the UI for the pre3.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    lol

Can't say I ever intended it to be used on anything but the Touchpad. Looks like the audio chipset is almost identical to the Touchpad so I suppose all of the level controls could actually work without changes. Could you confirm that all the controls do what they are supposed to?

I loaded up a 2.20 emu, to take a peek. I think the UI survived fairly well for being squished to death!

If everything seems to work, I might sneak in some model specific tweaks to the UI for the pre3.
    lol, yes, the interface actually operates surprising well in squished mode!

As near as I could tell, all the control work fine. I think the dump from amixer showed all the same controls as for the Touchpad, but had never had a chance to confirm. I had been using volume boost script on my pre 3, but I always seemed like it had too much bass. Now, with the EQ controls, I can ramp that down.

Thank you! Feel free to let me know if you need me to test anything.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    I don't see the link to download from precentral. Can someone point me to where to download this beside preware?

edit: have to log in :P thanks
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I tried to install it from Preware and it just sat there spinning after it had downloaded.

ALan
    'Xterminater'.. It's about 5 lines down in the OP:

http://www.precentral.net/touchvol
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/27/2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Thanks - I don't normally go there but see what's new in preware.

Is there a fix?

Alan
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just for kicks I installed it on my Pre+ with 1.4.5 .. the interface looks good, but unfortunately the app didnt have any effect on the sound. I didnt expect to even see the app on my phone, so that was a pleasant surprise on its own.

If there is a way to make this work on 1.4.5 I would be a very happy camper.. heck, even a simple patch for high freq cut would make that little speaker sound a lot less shrill. The Touchpad actually sounds pretty good, but I'll definitely be adding this when HP is done fixing the cracked case in mine.

Thanks for creating this.. it's the sort of thing that should have been on the TP out of the box.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Landslug View Post
    Just for kicks I installed it on my Pre+ with 1.4.5 .. the interface looks good, but unfortunately the app didnt have any effect on the sound. I didnt expect to even see the app on my phone, so that was a pleasant surprise on its own.

If there is a way to make this work on 1.4.5 I would be a very happy camper.. heck, even a simple patch for high freq cut would make that little speaker sound a lot less shrill. The Touchpad actually sounds pretty good, but I'll definitely be adding this when HP is done fixing the cracked case in mine.

Thanks for creating this.. it's the sort of thing that should have been on the TP out of the box.
    Pre+ and - used a whole different chipset (TI). You will find some files in /etc/audio/b and /etc/audio/a that are used to adjust register values. If you search back through the forum, you will see some posts and patches I did about increasing the volume. However, there was no EQ ability that I ever found.
    I'm trying to install from my TP. It downloads the file and tries to install the IPKG file with Preware (since I let Preware associate IPKG files). I get the error invalid or missing file parameter. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I'm trying to install from my TP. It downloads the file and tries to install the IPKG file with Preware (since I let Preware associate IPKG files). I get the error invalid or missing file parameter. What am I doing wrong?
    Only not reading post '21' above maybe?
    spud101 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Only not reading post '21' above maybe?
    I read that post and that is why I tried to download the IPKG file from Precentral and not from Preware. It downloads and tries to install using Preware since I associated IPKG files with Preware (did I not make that clear?).
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Pre+ and - used a whole different chipset (TI). You will find some files in /etc/audio/b and /etc/audio/a that are used to adjust register values. If you search back through the forum, you will see some posts and patches I did about increasing the volume. However, there was no EQ ability that I ever found.
    That's what I thought.. still, I was surprised to see that it installed at all.

I guess I need to get one of those ebay Pre3s
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast