Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Xanadu73
  1.    #1  
    I'm submitting an app to Preware called "Morse Code". It uses the International version of Morse Code to translate text into Morse Code. It displays on the screen the translated text, and also vibrates along with the display.

I will update this link after the app is published. I just need a URL to put in the forum link field...

Yes, the source code will be available, once I find a git home for it (not that it's a big deal or anything, but...).

Yes, I'm also aware it's ugly right now. I'm getting there. This is a functional version.

The app in it's current version can be gotten here:

http://www.precentral.net/morse-code-1

I was trying to get it into Preware, so it seems I filled out something wrong. I'm getting there.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 10/12/2011 at 01:33 PM.
    RickNeff and Trovatore like this.
    Hi

You could add an option to have the flash light of the Pre to be used to transmit the message, and another option to have it with a beep sound. ;-)

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    I think it would be clearer if you removed the colons after the letters. Looks a nice app, though!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi

You could add an option to have the flash light of the Pre to be used to transmit the message, and another option to have it with a beep sound. ;-)

Charly
    Funny you say this...

Sound is something I'll be working on this afternoon, actually. I don't know how well webOS will be able to keep up (or at least my Pre-...), but it's certainly something that is on the books for being included.

As far as blinking goes, it's on the books to look into also. I'm 99% sure Jason has an API available for using the flash, but, considering how slow the phone is to respond to turning the flashlight on/off, I don't know how well it'll work for Morse Code but I will be finding out. The only other alternative is flashing the screen, which isn't the best.

M.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    I think it would be clearer if you removed the colons after the letters. Looks a nice app, though!
    Yeah, I'm right there with you on that. It was more for me to see where the loops were breaking and such. The colons won't be there for long. I/We just need to think of a better way to display the translation.

M.
  6.    #6  
    Modified the first post to include the download link. I was trying to get it into Preware for ease of finding/install, so I guess maybe I filled out the form wrong. I'm looking into it.

The posted version is the ugly version that I have the pic here. I'm working on that too.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi

Charly
    The idea of beep sound is good :-D

@Xanadu73: does this app work on webos 2.x devices like the veer?

My published and impending WebOS apps -