Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rob_hh
  1.    #1  
    ProxySwitch is a simple app to switch on and off proxy support for the HP Touchpad (it may work for other platforms as well, but hasn't been tested yet.). It will hopefully be published through the PreCentral feed on Preware soon.

Whoever cannot wait for this to happen, can add this URL

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4011151/ProxySwitch

to their feeds on Preware (Preware->Manage Feeds->Add Feed).

After updating your feeds, you will be able to find it in Preware under the Category "Available Packages->Application->System Utilities->ProxySwitch"

Let me know how the app works for you.

I'll post here once the app has been added to the precentral feed.

Cheers!

P.S.Some people have had success with proxies requiring authentication by putting USERNAME:PW@proxy_url into the Proxy URL field.
    abhilashit, brum and noseph like this.
    Thanks! Works great, now I can use NFL Gamepass on my touchpad (in US)
  3.    #3  
    Finally, my app "ProxySwitch" is available on Preware through the precentral feed.

Update your feeds and search for it or browse to Application->Unsorted->ProxySwitch

Let me know if you have any questions/feedback/suggestions.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I downloaded this application and then entered the URL for our non-password protected proxy server at work. I receive this message when trying to access google.com:

Forbidden

You don't have permissions to access Google on this server.

I also have a notification with a Blue circle and Wi-Fi image:

Network Login Required
    Tap to show Network Login

When I tap it, I receive a Network Login app and the following message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access HP USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses on this server.

It seems like something else is missing here.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_hh View Post
    P.S.Some people have had success with proxies requiring authentication by putting USERNAME:PW@proxy_url into the Proxy URL field.
    Worked perfectly for me on my PW protected proxy! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thank you so much! This should be front page news, SO many people have been ticked about this. I'm Tiping them.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_hh View Post
    ProxySwitch is a simple app to switch on and off proxy support for the HP Touchpad.

Probably be good to have a help file with that secured proxy tidbit in there, or even add it to the Preware description.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Rob - Great app. One enhancement I would like to request is to display the current state of ProxySwitch (Proxy is on/off) upon launch of the app.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    i ve downloaded your programm fr. preware und installed.
    My Configuration:
    USERNAME:PW@proxy_url
    Port: 8080

But There is only one message on website, when i try to connect in internet.
    "It works"

I don't have idea about this. Could u help me plz?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    webOS 3.0.4 has broken all Proxy setting solutions. A possible fix is http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3212616.

I want to log on to my APN network via my 3G network. I have autoproxy on Android, but I prefer to surf on WebOS. Is there a way to put the Password, along with the Username?
  11.    #11  
    I've just submitted an updated version of ProxySwitch. It should be available on Preware soon.

I will update ProxySwitch with the functionality for authentication and auto config scripts very soon.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    ProxySwitch is now working in 3.0.4. Thanks Rob.

now can run in pre3 at 2.3
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm using this and it works ok. Can I suggest an enhancement?

Since I connect to different networks it would be good to have it automatically turn on and off. One way would be for it, on startup, to check if it can connect to the proxy server. If it can, then turn it on. If it can't, then turn it off.

How feasible is this to implement?

Alan
    Do have any one to try on pre3 2.2.4? May be I need this app to access Facebook because FB was block in my country. Thanks
    Treo 650>Pre3