Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Proxify

Proxify is the application many of you have been waiting for.
    It might not be so special for some of you. It's nothing more than an app that sets a proxy in webOS using the PalmServiceMethod "configureNwProxies". Because of the limitation of this method, not every app will be using the proxy. The standard web browser does, but email for example does not use the proxysettings.

The app can be found on preware.
    Source code: https://github.com/copystring/proxify

PS: Anyone good at making app icons?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by copystring; 01/02/2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Source code added
    Rnp, tholap and calebrun like this.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Much needed and can't wait for this feature. *Much needed for corporate webOS users
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    @copystring - Have you fixed this to work with the TouchPad or is it going to be just for the Pre 3?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    @copystring - Have you fixed this to work with the TouchPad or is it going to be just for the Pre 3?
    I have tested it on the touchpad emulator and pre3. It worked on both perfectly fine. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Did a google search and found:

proxy icon - Google Search

Hover over the icon for FreeProxy and then check out similar:

Dale
    Last edited by Dale46; 09/29/2011 at 08:34 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Added links to the original post to the download and the info page for those who can't wait for it to be on preware.
    Can this work on webos 1.4.5 palm pixi plus?

update: thanks
    Last edited by trinireddman; 09/30/2011 at 11:43 AM.
  8.    #8  
    I'm afraid not. As far as I know this API is only available to webOS 2.2.x and 3.x. Sorry.
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    Proxify

Proxify is the application many of you have been waiting for.
    It might not be so special for some of you.
    [...]
    Oh YES !!!!

The standard web browser does, but email for example does not use the proxysettings.
    [...]
    Too bad... I don't care for web browsing (although it is helpfull is some cases), but usualy I'm using this much more for email and IM. I will test IM.

EDIT :
    It seems to work for Yahoo IM, but not GTalk nor Skype.
    Mail : I understand that the email app cannot use this : it is "only" an HTTP proxy. No support for SOCKS ?

Thanks !

Charly
    Last edited by calebrun; 10/05/2011 at 03:52 AM.
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Just one issue : When you set a mode, either OFF or a proxy, if you re-run Proxify it does not show you what is the "current" mode.

You can reset a mode but you can't the mode that was previously choosen.

Anyway, this is a great enhancement !

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Just one issue : When you set a mode, either OFF or a proxy, if you re-run Proxify it does not show you what is the "current" mode.

You can reset a mode but you can't the mode that was previously choosen.

Anyway, this is a great enhancement !

Charly
    Version 1.0.1 is on preware now. It now restores the selected proxy now. 1.0.1 also contains some fixed bugs.
    How did you get this working on the TouchPad? I was working on QuickProxy last month, and tried to use the connectionmanager service through PalmService to change the proxy. So I ended up with something like:

this.$.setConnProxy.call({"action":window.setaction,"proxyInfo": { "proxyScope": "default","proxyServer": window.seturl ,"proxyPort": window.setport}});

Never worked for me though, it would always return "Success"
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dehole123 View Post
    How did you get this working on the TouchPad? I was working on QuickProxy last month, and tried to use the connectionmanager service through PalmService to change the proxy. So I ended up with something like:

this.$.setConnProxy.call({"action":window.setaction,"proxyInfo": { "proxyScope": "default","proxyServer": window.seturl ,"proxyPort": window.setport}});

Never worked for me though, it would always return "Success"
    I'm using
    Code:
    this.$.setProxy.call({
    	"action":"rmv",
    	"proxyInfo":{"proxyScope":"default","proxyServer":address,"proxyPort":port}
    });
    This works fine on the touchpad emulator. However I have quite a few reports that this doesn't work on the real touchpad ...
    I'm using
    Code:
    this.$.setProxy.call({
    	"action":"rmv",
    	"proxyInfo":{"proxyScope":"default","proxyServer":address,"proxyPort":port}
    });
    This works fine on the touchpad emulator. However I have quite a few reports that this doesn't work on the real touchpad ...
    Ahh thanks. I'll give this a try and see if it works.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Dunno if this is specific to running under 3.0.4 or not, but it does not allow me to add
    new proxies. The Add button is always grayed out, no matter what I enter for
    proxy name/ip and port. Am I missing something obvious?

ian
  16.    #16  
    I'm having a look at the 3.0.4 SDK as we speak.
    This might be of help?

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies
    '{"action":"add/rmv/etc","proxyInfo":{"proxyConfigType":"noProxy/autoDetectFromNetwork/manualProxy/autoConfigUrl","proxyScope":"default","proxyPort":port,"proxyServer":"server"}}'
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by swizz88 View Post
    This might be of help?

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies
    '{"action":"add/rmv/etc","proxyInfo":{"proxyConfigType":"noProxy/autoDetectFromNetwork/manualProxy/autoConfigUrl","proxyScope":"default","proxyPort":port,"proxyServer":"server"}}'
    Yes. Where did you find this? Any official source?
    Oh, missed the source link, and can't because of my post count. Sorry. No, the only place I saw it is from here in another thread.

forums.precentral.net / hp-touchpad / 304052-touchpad-3-0-4-proxy-servers.html
    Hello,

I looked at the application and it is much needed and appreciated.

However, I would like to modify this to include "Exceptions" and "Credentials" ...

I tried to see if the source code available so I can add to it, but I guess this is not an open source application.

Any help or pointers?

Regards,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast