webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > PreGo GPS
PreGo GPS
Like Tree14Likes

Old 07/12/2012, 05:45 AM   #81 (permalink)

I have a problem. I can use the GPS fine with CM9 on my touchpad. But if I break the connection, then PreGO does not connect anymore. If I restart it it goes only as far as step 2 and stays there. I have to restart the PRE3 to make it work fine again.
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/2012, 01:08 PM   #82 (permalink)

It's a problem with the BT-stack in webOS
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2012, 06:42 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
Thanks ! I'm looking forward to try it out once you have made this change available.
Henk, thanks for making the adjustable rate available some weeks ago !

During my trip thru Ireland and France when driving I ran PreGo GPS on my Pre3 (2.2.4) with a Bluetooth connection to a TP (3.0.5) running the latest alpha version of navit (0.5.0 5149M).
This saved my life or else I would have been lost in some remote areas of Ireland. (This was the only working GPS solution for me.) I had Mapping Tool Pro with me too - but I did not cache the level of map details on my Pre3. And also at that time the /var file partion filled up to 100% (which I did not notice then) - and which had some very bad side effects for me: I no longer could run Navit on the Pre3 - but PreGo GPS did run quite stable.

Most times I configured an update rate of 1 second and it worked nicely with navit. (Sometimes - when navit apha version crashed - on the TouchPad I had to turn off and on the Bluetooth first and then restart the navit app.)

Thanks again !

Last edited by MartinH@webos; 09/07/2012 at 04:37 PM.
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by MetaView likes this.
Old 01/25/2013, 10:24 AM   #84 (permalink)

Paired with android "bluetooth GPS" using bluetooth. works "fine" except that it leak very much, use jstop and you'll see the nodes/handles increase constantly.
moo.tinys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 11:10 AM   #85 (permalink)

Yes, because it's polling the position. The GC will eat them after a while. I will probably change it sooner or later...
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 10:00 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
Yes, because it's polling the position. The GC will eat them after a while. I will probably change it sooner or later...
i hoped so, but in my case it never got free'd by GC. after running for a while, i can hardly open any other apps --- stuck at "loading". soon after i close PreGo GPS, the other app loaded fine
i can't remember exact number of nodes/handles, but i'm sure it was beyond 1000

map tool do the same polling, yet it's nodes/handles number is slow
moo.tinys is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0