Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    To get the device selection on start you need to enable bluetooth and have the device selection enabled in the settings. One of the #devices' is then network. select it, enter you Key which is displayed in PreGo GPS and it should work.
    Hi, you damn Pixi-Users out there in the world.............it works !!!!

But i went today one step further. I started freetether, then prego gps, then I started Bluetooth on the tp an waited until the TP has connected to my freetether WLAN. Then i started MTpro on the TP and......and.....got the message to choose the GPS-Device, chose the network device, hacked in the key showed from prego gps on the pixi, waited a little moment and got a fix and fell of my seat......;-)

@metaview: you are a god dam..... f.......g genius. Thank you so much for this peaces of soft.

Cheers Achim

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    is it possible to use this with other map software that accepts external NMEA GPS?

i.e. GoogleMaps With GPS Tracker?
    anyone can tell me how to hook this up? I don't know how to make the Pre2 run this as a remote com port?

Thanks!
    Scott
    Is there anyway that you could collaborate with Disciple Skies Software, and get Giant GPS to work on WiFi only TouchPads? Looks like a cool app, 14 - 5 star reviews out of 14 reviews.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    or with Navit?

Quote Originally Posted by mischko View Post
    is it possible to use this with other map software that accepts external NMEA GPS?

i.e. GoogleMaps With GPS Tracker?
    anyone can tell me how to hook this up? I don't know how to make the Pre2 run this as a remote com port?

Thanks!
    Scott
    When opeing MapTool Pro and selecting my Palm Pixi Plus (with "GPS" added to it's name) i receive the following Error
    "Error connecting to BT device: 263.

Any suggestions.
  6.    #66  
    You don't need to add GPS to the name of a Palm device. Palm should be filtered like GPS.
    If you get an error on connection: ensure the TouchPad is not connected with your Pixi, remove the connection (usually visible by a bold name or a blue checkmark), if it still doesn't work, reboot the TouchPad.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    PreGo GPS is Bluetooth server app running on your webOS phone and send position data as NMEA strings to your TouchPad running MapTool Pro. NMEA is the industry standard for external GPS devices, that means you could also use it as external GPS device for other uses.
    Hello folks, I read about Meta View Pro and would love the idea to hook it up with my old but nice NAVIBE GB735 standalone GPS and TouchPad. I'm mostly user, but am trying to follow your leads. Please help me to pair it with TP. Firstly, it quickly recognized as BT GPS V10, which is the way it said in its manual. I typed pairing 0000. But it doesn't connecting... What am I doing wrong? Do I need something else? Please explain all steps for a novice. Thank you in advance.
    IP
  8.    #68  
    Your TouchPad will establish a connection to the device on its own. All you need to do is pairing the TouchPad and the GPS device. Then run MapTool Pro and MapTool Pro will connect to the GPS device.
    That's the problem. It's why I asked for help. TP recognized the devise but can not established connection, I tried many times.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by IosifP View Post
    That's the problem. It's why I asked for help. TP recognized the devise but can not established connection, I tried many times.
    Sorry, me previous post was wrong: "The Touchpad will *not* establish a connection on its own." MapTool Pro will establish the connection. That's the normal way. Does this work?
    After a while of digging and experimenting, I finally got it to work with my laptop. The trick is to go to your Bluetooth software, in the screen for the device on the Pre 3, enable the SPP profile.

This way it'll create a serial (COM) port on your machine, and you can configure your software to get the NMEA strings.

On Windows 7, after creating the port, you can use this software to hook it into the Windows 7 location API:

Welcome to GPSDirect GPS NMEA Windows 7 Sensor Driver

That worked just fine and got my GPS location. Also tried with inSSIDer, so I'm ready for wardriving.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Not sure why it's doing this though, but it seems like it doesn't work with Streets and Trips. Whenever I connect to it, Streets and Trips can find the unit, but when I turn on GPS Tracking, PreGo would keep saying "write failure".
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

SOLVED!!!!

Turns out it's because PreGo only supports 9600bps, but Streets and Trips hardcoded 4800bps.

Use GPSGate: GpsGate Client - Products - GpsGate.com

Connect the Bluetooth COM port to it, then Streets and Trips to the virtual ports created.

This should fix it. I have both S&T plus inSSIDer connected to PreGo, I'm ready for wardriving.

MetaView likes this.
    Henk, thanks a lot for this and other great webos tools !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mischko View Post
    or with Navit?
    Yes, today I successfully tested this PreGO GPS app on my Pre3 2.2.4 and connected it via BT with my TouchPad 3.0.5 with the latest alpha version of the Navit app for TouchPad. It works fine !

Henk, can you comment on the number of GPS fixes sent over the BT channel per second?
    Is every new GPS fix sent over BT too? Or is there some internal caching/preprocessing of the GPS data in the "PreGO GPS" app - so that an average GPS position is calculated and then transferred via BT. I noticed a 3-5 second delay of the GPS data stream via BT over the true position. Is there any parameter to configure the GPS forwarding delay?

Thanks, Martin - I already did a 500km test drive with PreGO GPS.
  15.    #75  
    every 5 seconds...
    every 5 seconds...
    OK - I assume this rate is down to one GPS fix every 5 seconds in order not to overload the receiving app.
    I also assume that the BT connection could transmit much more GPS fixes per second. (For example BT transmission is used for voice or music streams); I have no idea how to tune the transmission rate in PreGO GPS app !
  17.    #77  
    It could be faster. I will make an update with an adjustable rate: 1 to 60 seconds.
    It could be faster. I will make an update with an adjustable rate: 1 to 60 seconds.
    Thanks ! I'm looking forward to try it out once you have made this change available.
    Hey everybody,

i`ve installed CM9 onto my HP Touchpad, cause there are a lot more navigation apps. So, i installed CoPilot and wanted to navigate me around the city, but i did not mention, that the Touchpad does not include a GPS...

Now installed the PreGo onto my HP Pre3 and connected it via Bluetooth with my HP Touchpad in CM9 Mod. Now it worked for 2 seconds, but now i do not get any more gps connection. Is there a fix or is it the CM9 mod that makes the problems?? What do you think?
  20.    #80  
    I don't know. You could check if the Pre3 has a location fix and also try it with other apps on your TouchPad.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast