Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Hi, Thank you for such a great app. I got my TP today and my first goal is to replace my kindle 3.

So your app is what I needed.

I was able to upload books with Calibre and import them into Kindle app and they read fine.

However, there is one book that uploads from calibre but the when I click on load new books, it says there's no new books.

I see the book in the .palmkindle directory and the images in the covercache.

This is the book I'm trying to import
    War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy.mobi

I was able to send it to my kindle via calibre with no issues. So the mobi is fine.

I read in another post something about the 32nd characters that needs to be special.

This book' title I'm having issues is 32 char long. So I renamed the file in Calibre to 31 characters and was able to load it.

Once again thank you for your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I am working on a patch that will retain the last read page and add bookmarks. This thread is tracking the various patches and progress.
    Hmm... Sounds great. I would love to see that. In fact, I just posted on Jason's ComicShelf HD the idea of a new app (PdfShelf HD) that would essentially do for pdfs what his app does for cdrs.

The key features as I see them would be:

- Thumbnail shelf view to easily open pdfs
    - Multitouch pinch-zoom and panning
    - Quickly hide controls for fullscreen viewing
    - Intuitive layout optimized for the TouchPad
    - Able to change page by swiping left or right
    - Auto-resume option to continue reading where you leave off

You could patch Adobe Reader to provide some of these features, but I think a better approach would be to create a new app.

What are your thoughts?
    love the app, works perfectly now for me.

one question, how do you determine the number of locations for a given book to modify manually?

thanks
    Is there any solution to operation failed messages?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottter View Post
    Is there any solution to operation failed messages?
    Reboot
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max49a View Post
    love the app, works perfectly now for me.

one question, how do you determine the number of locations for a given book to modify manually?

thanks
    You could use my script, or just scroll to the end of your book to see what location the last page is on. If you have a real kindle device you can just check on there as well.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesblooded View Post
    Hi, Thank you for such a great app. I got my TP today and my first goal is to replace my kindle 3.

So your app is what I needed.

I was able to upload books with Calibre and import them into Kindle app and they read fine.

However, there is one book that uploads from calibre but the when I click on load new books, it says there's no new books.

I see the book in the .palmkindle directory and the images in the covercache.

This is the book I'm trying to import
    War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy.mobi

I was able to send it to my kindle via calibre with no issues. So the mobi is fine.

I read in another post something about the 32nd characters that needs to be special.

This book' title I'm having issues is 32 char long. So I renamed the file in Calibre to 31 characters and was able to load it.

Once again thank you for your hard work.
    Wow that's good to know thanks! Such a great book I am glad you were able to load it.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Hmm... Sounds great. I would love to see that. In fact, I just posted on Jason's ComicShelf HD the idea of a new app (PdfShelf HD) that would essentially do for pdfs what his app does for cdrs.

The key features as I see them would be:

- Thumbnail shelf view to easily open pdfs
    - Multitouch pinch-zoom and panning
    - Quickly hide controls for fullscreen viewing
    - Intuitive layout optimized for the TouchPad
    - Able to change page by swiping left or right
    - Auto-resume option to continue reading where you leave off

You could patch Adobe Reader to provide some of these features, but I think a better approach would be to create a new app.

What are your thoughts?
    If the Adobe Reader was open source I would be all over modifying to include the features you mention (and more) but I am on the fence about putting a lot of work into it for fear they will throw a cease and desist order at me and the time will be wasted.

I started working on a PDF reader and have made some progress but unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to put into it yet.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

If the Adobe Reader was open source I would be all over modifying to include the features you mention (and more) but I am on the fence about putting a lot of work into it for fear they will throw a cease and desist order at me and the time will be wasted.

I started working on a PDF reader and have made some progress but unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to put into it yet.
    I would avoid changes to Adobe's app. There must be some open source stuff you can use. A full featured pfd reader would be an awesome compliment to the Kindle app.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Well, still can't get it to work correctly.

I did manage to import some files with the covers, but when I moved more books over, all the covers except the kindle books vanished.

I tried to use the script as well, but it just stopped working last night sometime.

The last time it worked it was after I removed and deregistered the kindle program, and reinstalled it and the sideload program. It doesn't really do me a lot of good though, because after I move books over the second time, the covers go poof.

Once it lets me move files over multiple times without having to uninstall/reregister/etc, it's going to be awesome.

Hopefully we will see something in the next update that helps
    i can't install the kindle import on my Touchpad. Tried it with webos quick install but all it says is intalling the file. I waited for 45 minutes and still install...
    is there something wrong with my touchpad? Please help me!
    i have installed the kindle import to my tp. and importing was done without errors. but kindle can not see anything.

the .mobi books can be viewed correctly by calibre. in calibre, the device library can show all books that have been uploaded.

i rebooted tp a couple times already.

any idea would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

F
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by hydin View Post
    Well, still can't get it to work correctly.

I did manage to import some files with the covers, but when I moved more books over, all the covers except the kindle books vanished.

I tried to use the script as well, but it just stopped working last night sometime.

The last time it worked it was after I removed and deregistered the kindle program, and reinstalled it and the sideload program. It doesn't really do me a lot of good though, because after I move books over the second time, the covers go poof.

Once it lets me move files over multiple times without having to uninstall/reregister/etc, it's going to be awesome.

Hopefully we will see something in the next update that helps
    Unless someone other than me changed the Calibre WebOS plugin in 0.8.21 (very unlikely) neither Calibre or Kindle Import have code that deletes covers under any circumstance. Calibre has the ability to remove books from the device but I would not advise that you use that feature because it will not remove covers and it does not remove the book entry from the Kindle database so you will have a messed up configuration. But I digress, the only way that I am aware of to remove covers is manually or by deregistering the Kindle application.

I have sent over additional books using Calibre and imported them with Kindle Import dozens of times and can not reproduce the issue you are having. Are you using Calibre 0.8.20 or later? How many books are you sending over and how many do you have on the device? If you are sending over less than a few hundred books and using Calibre 0.8.20 or later I suggest starting over by deregistering and registering Kindle and sending all or as many books as you feel comfortable sending at once. There is no need to re-install Kindle Import unless the version you are using is lower than 1.3.0.

14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by leimyda View Post
    i can't install the kindle import on my Touchpad. Tried it with webos quick install but all it says is intalling the file. I waited for 45 minutes and still install...
    is there something wrong with my touchpad? Please help me!
    You can download it from here and see if that works for you.

Are you able to install anything else from WebOS Quick Install?

15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by wf201626 View Post
    i have installed the kindle import to my tp. and importing was done without errors. but kindle can not see anything.

the .mobi books can be viewed correctly by calibre. in calibre, the device library can show all books that have been uploaded.

i rebooted tp a couple times already.

any idea would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

F
    Interesting I haven't heard of this before. Did you follow the steps below:

1. Send books from Calibre to device and make sure they have the green checkbox next to them in the Calibre library indicating that they are on the device
    2. Open Kindle Import and tap on "Load Books"
    3. Make sure the books you sent over show up in the list and leave the checkbox next to them checked
    4. Tap on the "Import Books" button
    5. Open Kindle and make sure it syncs (little circular arrows in the lower left section of the screen)

The link doesn't work. When i tried it it said MIME type error. And yes, I already installed with webos quick install, it was the kindle app because I'm in UK so that was the only way to get it work.
    thanks, Kjhenrie

those steps were exact what I did. I firstly imported one book and kindle was fine to find it. somehow, when it tried to open the book, it was blank. nothing was presented. I tried to turn the page and nothing worked.

secondly, i had to deleted all imported books from kindle import and tried import it again. it did not work. then i converted a few books later and sent them all back to TP. the calibre library showed all books located in device with green checkmarks.

do I need to unregister kindle and delete it and reinstall?

by the ways, the books are still in TP .palmkindle folder.

thanks again,

Interesting I haven't heard of this before. Did you follow the steps below:

1. Send books from Calibre to device and make sure they have the green checkbox next to them in the Calibre library indicating that they are on the device
    2. Open Kindle Import and tap on "Load Books"
    3. Make sure the books you sent over show up in the list and leave the checkbox next to them checked
    4. Tap on the "Import Books" button
    5. Open Kindle and make sure it syncs (little circular arrows in the lower left section of the screen)
    This app has really made a difference in my touchpad use. (and I am absolutely going to donate as soon as I am employed again!). Just thought I would post a situation that had me stumped for a while last night: If you use Kindle Import to remove a book that was "open" (as in currently being read) the last time you were in the Kindle app, the next time you open the Kindle app (at least for me) it will just hang on a blank page, with no actions available. My solution was to reload the book using Kindle Import, open Kindle App, go to Home screen, exit Kindle App, remove book with Kindle Import. Probably intuitive, but had me crossed-up for a bit last night.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by leimyda View Post
    The link doesn't work. When i tried it it said MIME type error. And yes, I already installed with webos quick install, it was the kindle app because I'm in UK so that was the only way to get it work.
    The link works but your touchpad doesn't know what to do with it. Do you have preware installed? If not install it or you can download the file on your pc and install it using WebOS Quick Install.

20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    This app has really made a difference in my touchpad use. (and I am absolutely going to donate as soon as I am employed again!). Just thought I would post a situation that had me stumped for a while last night: If you use Kindle Import to remove a book that was "open" (as in currently being read) the last time you were in the Kindle app, the next time you open the Kindle app (at least for me) it will just hang on a blank page, with no actions available. My solution was to reload the book using Kindle Import, open Kindle App, go to Home screen, exit Kindle App, remove book with Kindle Import. Probably intuitive, but had me crossed-up for a bit last night.
    Great I am glad you like and thanks for the tip.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast