Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    So we don't have to open Kindle Import any more? How's that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    pretty sure we still do, also it seems like whether i load the books on with calibre or mongrels/drag n drop, it needs a restart before kindle import works properly. maybe i need to update it.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Sorry I missed a step . The steps are now listed correctly.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmenot View Post
    pretty sure we still do, also it seems like whether i load the books on with calibre or mongrels/drag n drop, it needs a restart before kindle import works properly. maybe i need to update it.
    Hmm.. not sure why it's requiring a restart for you. You can try uninstalling and re-installing it. For some people it requires a restart after the first time it's installed but I haven't heard of anyone having to restart after copying books over. I send to device, load books, import books, delete books dozens of times a day when I am developing on the app and never restart for that reason.
    I just got a chance to install Calibre (v 0.8.20) , the plugin moves my eBooks successfully to my TouchPad in the [TITLE - AUTHOR.mobi] format.

Is it possible "or" How do I get Calibre to scrape the ASIN and Location for my books, and then... Is there any way to get the plugin to export the files in the
    [TITLE - AUTHOR - ASIN - TOTAL_LOCATION.mobi] format?

I just like the kindle app to give correct locations in my books!!

P.S. Covers transferred perfectly!!
    Last edited by Capt.Insano; 09/24/2011 at 06:59 AM.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insano View Post
    I just got a chance to install Calibre (v 0.8.20) , the plugin moves my eBooks successfully to my TouchPad in the [TITLE - AUTHOR.mobi] format.

Is it possible "or" How do I get Calibre to scrape the ASIN and Location for my books, and then... Is there any way to get the plugin to export the files in the
    [TITLE - AUTHOR - ASIN - TOTAL_LOCATION.mobi] format?

I just like the kindle app to give correct locations in my books!!
    I plan on looking into this soon.
    I have followed the steps and all I get is "operation in progress" - how long should it take to load the files? mine has been going for >10mins
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisandwhoisnt View Post
    I have followed the steps and all I get is "operation in progress" - how long should it take to load the files? mine has been going for >10mins
    Less than 10 seconds for 100 books. I would reboot the TP and try again and if it still hangs try a few books at a time. It might be choking on one of the books if it has an unexpected character in the file name.
    Kindle Import is just what the HP Touchpad needed. use Calibre. convert books to .mobi use Calibre to " send to device"... you Touchpad. then un mount the TP. use the Kindle import app to " load " and then " import " the selected books.

launch Kindle and ' voila ' . absolutely super work and one of the most needed fixes for the device. i'm thrilled with it as the Kindle app as a reader is great.

thank you. mark
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark007juiceman View Post
    Kindle Import is just what the HP Touchpad needed. use Calibre. convert books to .mobi use Calibre to " send to device"... you Touchpad. then un mount the TP. use the Kindle import app to " load " and then " import " the selected books.

launch Kindle and ' voila ' . absolutely super work and one of the most needed fixes for the device. i'm thrilled with it as the Kindle app as a reader is great.

thank you. mark
    Great I am glad you like it . I really enjoy reading and grew real fond of Aldiko on my nook color. I was motivated to get this working to prevent myself from jumping straight over to Android once CM gets it working. If we had the Opera browser and a decent PDF reader the temptation would be entirely gone. I am working on on the later .
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    If we had the Opera browser and a decent PDF reader the temptation would be entirely gone. I am working on on the later .
    Awesome! I would love to see a better pdf reader.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    W00t!
    I bought some books from Smashworks because they weren't on amazon and was disappointed that I'd have to use my iPad for reading, instead of my Touchpad. But now that's solved. Awesome app.
    Any link where we can donate to you?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_42 View Post
    W00t!
    I bought some books from Smashworks because they weren't on amazon and was disappointed that I'd have to use my iPad for reading, instead of my Touchpad. But now that's solved. Awesome app.
    Any link where we can donate to you?
    Thanks! I am glad to hear books from Smashwords loaded it's one of my favorite sources for books.
  14.    #54  
    For anyone who is interested in contributing toward my work so far and future enhancements to Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin I added a donate link to my signature on the first post and this post. Thanks to everyone who has provided positive feedback.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks finally got it working :-) Too a uninstall, reinstall and a system reboot, but finally got rid of those pesky operation failed errors, and imported great.

The conversion from pdf to mobi sucked, but the import into kindle worked great, gonna have to try to reconvert from pdf.

Does the kindle app support pdf like the kindle hardware does?

Thanks a ton. Once I get some books converted properly I'll donate to thank you for the hard work.

Jeff
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkboca View Post
    Thanks finally got it working :-) Too a uninstall, reinstall and a system reboot, but finally got rid of those pesky operation failed errors, and imported great.

The conversion from pdf to mobi sucked, but the import into kindle worked great, gonna have to try to reconvert from pdf.

Does the kindle app support pdf like the kindle hardware does?

Thanks a ton. Once I get some books converted properly I'll donate to thank you for the hard work.

Jeff
    Unfortunately the Kindle app doesn't support pdf and pdf conversions are not that great with the default settings in Calibre. There are some configuration options you can mess with for pdf conversions but I haven't played with them much. Let us know if you are able to find settings that improve the output.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    yea, this was downright unreadable :-) I'll mess with the settings.

I'll try to import some of my other non-pdf books.

Thanks,

Jeff
  18.    #58  
    Version 1.3.0 was just uploaded and should be available in preware soon. See the changelog in the first post for details.

edit: 1.3.0 is now in preware, let me know what you think. :-)
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 09/26/2011 at 04:14 PM.

huladaddy likes this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    What is sideloading, exactly?
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitkishore View Post
    What is sideloading, exactly?
    Loading media into a proprietary application from a source other than the the intended source. In this case loading books into the Kindle app obtained from a source other than Amazon

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast