webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Kindle Import
Kindle Import
Like Tree27Likes

Old 02/05/2012, 08:24 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
radry and STBXXL try rebooting the TouchPad.
tried rebooting - didn't help. I had been using this fantastic app with success. Fully satisfied until yesterday. Removed kindle, reinstalled it then transferred 18 books using calibre. I was able to load once and after that "operation in process" is the result anytime I try to load new books or load existing books. Read on one of the threads that removing "Ad Blocker" resolves the issue. Unfortunately this did not work for me. Is there any log or debug info that could identify the problem? Can't imagine life without kindle import!
sasholino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2012, 09:14 PM   #242 (permalink)

works now ! Removed kindle import, restarted device, reinstalled kindle import, restarted device. Able to load existing books, removed a bok, still working. Life is good !
sasholino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2012, 10:17 AM   #243 (permalink)

I used Caliber to convert the files and then used Kindle import.
The Loading Books seemed to work fine, so did Import Books.
But the files never showed up in the .palmkindle folder.
I rebooted the deveice but still no luck.

Any ideas?
BobM29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2012, 10:37 PM   #244 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM29 View Post
I used Caliber to convert the files and then used Kindle import.
The Loading Books seemed to work fine, so did Import Books.
But the files never showed up in the .palmkindle folder.
I rebooted the deveice but still no luck.

Any ideas?
Once you convert the books in calibre you need to attach your touchpad via USB, select the books in calibre, and click on 'send to device'. At this point the books should be in the .palmkindle folder and you can use kindle import to load then import the books into the kindle application.
kjhenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2012, 10:28 PM   #245 (permalink)

Every time I try to send to device from calibre i get this error message

The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 405, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 252, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 979, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.

And when I transfer it manually via USB to the correct folder click "load new books" it says no new books to import.

any ideas?

Last edited by bigdaddysherwood; 03/10/2012 at 01:05 AM.
bigdaddysherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2012, 10:03 PM   #246 (permalink)

Anyone has problem with Kindle Import recently.
I cannot get it working now, since a week or fortnight ago.
Each time when I tried either Load-existing books or Import-new-books, it said Operation failed and then went to Operation in Progress and got stuck there.

I have since deleted it and/or my Amazon Kindle, restarted the Touchpad, reloaded either one or both of them, restarted. But still get the same issue.

Never had any problem with it since I first got and use Kindle Import in Sep 2011. I do not use Calibre but only computer to import mobi files into the .palmkindle folder.

Anyone has this problem recently, or know how to fix it? Has something changed?
lovemytp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2012, 12:11 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytp View Post
Each time when I tried either Load-existing books or Import-new-books, it said Operation failed and then went to Operation in Progress and got stuck there.

I have since deleted it and/or my Amazon Kindle, restarted the Touchpad, reloaded either one or both of them, restarted. But still get the same issue.

Never had any problem with it since I first got and use Kindle Import in Sep 2011. I do not use Calibre but only computer to import mobi files into the .palmkindle folder.

Works now. I did another restart and it works.
lovemytp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2012, 11:03 AM   #248 (permalink)

I have got my books moved over and they load onto the Touchpad using Kindle Import, but I can't seem to get the cover art to come up. They show in the metadata in Calibre, but will not show in the Kindle app? Any suggestions for a Ubuntu user?
allen832008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2012, 06:05 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytp View Post

I am having this issue all of a sudden too. Was able to import a book last week and wanted to upload the 2nd book of the series and I get the same issues quoted above. I have been using Calibre for a long time and this is the first issue I have had with Kindle Import not working. I have done multiple restarts, luna restarts, deletions and installation, via Preware and WOSQI. Very strange.

Thanks for any ideas.

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
TimBoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2012, 06:30 AM   #250 (permalink)

I have recently bought an HP Touchpad here in the UK. There is no kindle app in the HP Apps catalogue so I downloaded the kindle app via Preware. When I launch the App from the books section I first see the Instal window. The application installs ok, and is replaced by another window with "Launch" "remove" buttons. I then load the kindle ap and it says "Operation failed" followed by "Operation in progress" and nothing happens.

I am a novice in computer things but is there an idiots guide as to how to overcome this problem. I have seen it mentioned on previous threads and tried all the suggested remedies without success.

Can anyone help
chargemaster1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2012, 08:53 AM   #251 (permalink)

I think you are getting confused. You need the Kindle app from the catalogue before you load the Kindle Import app from Preware.

Since you live in the UK, the actual Kindle app isn't offered. So, do a Google search for the .Ipk and install it manually. If you can't find it, I've got a copy somewhere.

Alan
alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2012, 11:41 AM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
I think you are getting confused. You need the Kindle app from the catalogue before you load the Kindle Import app from Preware.

Since you live in the UK, the actual Kindle app isn't offered. So, do a Google search for the .Ipk and install it manually. If you can't find it, I've got a copy somewhere.

Alan
Alan I have tried the various links on google but they all seem to be blocked by the authorities in the USA but you have cleared up one issue in that I have to have a link in place before the preware app will work. Any ideas has to where to go from here?
chargemaster1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2012, 06:12 PM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargemaster1953 View Post
Alan I have tried the various links on google but they all seem to be blocked by the authorities in the USA but you have cleared up one issue in that I have to have a link in place before the preware app will work. Any ideas has to where to go from here?

PM sent.

Alan
alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2012, 08:50 AM   #254 (permalink)

Hi,
I am having a similar problem in Australia. Kindle Import installs but fails to Launch. So unable to import any books through Calibre.
No amount of reboots and reinstalls has helped so far.
Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong or what to try next.
Thanks.
drshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2012, 01:08 AM   #255 (permalink)

Is there a way to recieve an email with a mobi and add it to kindle library so as to not require connecting TP to network or PC?

Is there a way to remove the empty margin from mobi/kindle books? The same epub book on preader doesn't have this.

Last edited by leif; 04/30/2012 at 01:57 AM.
leif#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 10:44 AM   #256 (permalink)

Hi,

Know this is a little off-topic; but any of you guys think the Kindle Import app might be any help getting Kindle up & going on the Pre 3.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks.
Munstergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2013, 02:17 PM   #257 (permalink)

This randomly stopped working today. Calibre copies the files and Import says they're put in Kindle, but the Kindle library is blank. Thoughts?
Typo Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2014, 05:04 AM   #258 (permalink)

The link isn't working for the kindleside.zip file. Would someone mind uploading it, please?
Paradiso319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0