Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Wondering if any has experienced this or has a fix.

Copied my *.mobi files into Calibre. Downloaded metadata for all the files. Reviewed the files and seemed to be sorted appropriately (by author last name) and had their covers. Save these files to a directory and then run m0ngr31's batch file on them. Multiple errors during the process (can't remember the exact error message) but the files all seem to have been created. Hook up my TP and enter USB mode. Copy batch-file applied "palm.kindle" folder contents into the TP's "palm.kindle" folder and then run Kindle Import. Most books are fine, in that they have the correct cover and a location has been assigned.

However, despite having a cover when I view the files on Calibre ,some books don't have covers on the TP kindle app. Also, they are all sorted by first name. This is a problem since all new Amazon purchases end up being sorted by last name.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or does anyone have a fix?

Definitely not complaining about any of the homebrew - they are much appreciated. Just want my books to be sorted properly and display their covers. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    For anyone who is interested in contributing toward my work so far and future enhancements to Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin I added a donate link to my signature on the first post and this post. Thanks to everyone who has provided positive feedback.
    Help me to set up kindle mess and I will donate. Pls read my private massage. Thank you
    Kim
    a private massage, nice.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfingers View Post
    Wondering if any has experienced this or has a fix.

Copied my *.mobi files into Calibre. Downloaded metadata for all the files. Reviewed the files and seemed to be sorted appropriately (by author last name) and had their covers. Save these files to a directory and then run m0ngr31's batch file on them. Multiple errors during the process (can't remember the exact error message) but the files all seem to have been created. Hook up my TP and enter USB mode. Copy batch-file applied "palm.kindle" folder contents into the TP's "palm.kindle" folder and then run Kindle Import. Most books are fine, in that they have the correct cover and a location has been assigned.

However, despite having a cover when I view the files on Calibre ,some books don't have covers on the TP kindle app. Also, they are all sorted by first name. This is a problem since all new Amazon purchases end up being sorted by last name.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or does anyone have a fix?

Definitely not complaining about any of the homebrew - they are much appreciated. Just want my books to be sorted properly and display their covers. Thanks!
    The script isn't a perfect science, so if it didn't get the coverart, there isn't much that you can do other than try to redownload it in Calibre and run the script again.

As for the sort, that's just the way the metadata is saved in calibre. You'll have to go through and manually change all your books to the same way Amazon does it on the TP if this isn't a big hassle for you.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky in red View Post
    Help me to set up kindle mess and I will donate. Pls read my private massage. Thank you
    Kim
    Why not post it here so someone who might have the same problem can benefit?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I also got the PM. The basic issue is that they hadn't actually downloaded the Kindle app.

Oops.!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have a couple of old mobi mags that I want to import. The mobi files imported properly to the tablet. I can see both mobi mags in Kindle. The problem is, the contents/pages are the same. But the covers are properly shown.
    I tried running the kindleside.bat but the black command coming out and appear the file not found. I open the .palmkindle but nothing inthere.
    My file is prc file.
    Could you please tell me how to do more?
    Hello,

The import seems to work well for me. I have an issue deleting books. If I click Archive in kindle app nothing happenes. Can some one help me please ?

I use Calibre to Convert and load my books to TouchPad and Kindle Import to get it to the App, all of this work well, but cant delete.

Thanks in advance.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by yozh View Post
    Hello,

The import seems to work well for me. I have an issue deleting books. If I click Archive in kindle app nothing happenes. Can some one help me please ?

I use Calibre to Convert and load my books to TouchPad and Kindle Import to get it to the App, all of this work well, but cant delete.

Thanks in advance.
    I responded in the other thread you asked this question in but I will repeat my answer. You can delete all or individual books from Kindle using Kindle Import. You can then manually remove the book from the .palmkindle folder or use Calibre to remove the book from the device. However, this will not remove the cover images but they will not cause any problems.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

What do you mean by total locations in the file name? Where would I get this info for each of my books?

Seems to be working ok without this info.
    Hello I have an issue that when I erase one of the books from using the kindle loader none of the books show up in the Kindle app anymore, as a matter of fact the kindle app doesn't even get to the library screen it just shows the guy reading a book and that's it.
  13.    #213  
    Hello I have an issue that when I erase one of the books from using the kindle loader none of the books show up in the Kindle app anymore, as a matter of fact the kindle app doesn't even get to the library screen it just shows the guy reading a book and that's it.
    This will happen if the book you delete is the last book you had open in Kindle. Kindle opens with the last book you had open and hangs if that book has been removed from the database. I have deleted dozens of books with Kindle Import and this is the only situation in which this problem has presented itself. Make sure you are viewing the library or a different book before deleting a book.

If you have Internalz installed you can rename the .palmkindle folder then de/reregister Kindle and change it back if you want to avoid sending the books over to the device again.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

This will happen if the book you delete is the last book you had open in Kindle. Kindle opens with the last book you had open and hangs if that book has been removed from the database. I have deleted dozens of books with Kindle Import and this is the only situation in which this problem has presented itself. Make sure you are viewing the library or a different book before deleting a book.

If you have Internalz installed you can rename the .palmkindle folder then de/reregister Kindle and change it back if you want to avoid sending the books over to the device again.

Wow makes sense. Thank you very much. I will let my father know about this. Thank you so much !!!!
  15.    #215  
    Wow makes sense. Thank you very much. I will let my father know about this. Thank you so much !!!!
    No problem I hope this helps.

So I restarted a few times and it still keeps saying "Operation in Progress..."

My steps:

1. Installed WebOS quickinstall, added Preware from feed, then added Kindle Import .ipk and installed it on the TP

2a. Added book to Calibre (already in .mobi format)
    2b. Entered TP to USB mode
    2c. Right clicked on book in Calibre and sent to device

3. Ejected TP then launched Kindle Import

4. Selected Load New Books and says "Operation in progress...."

This is where it gets stuck and doesn't do anything. Am I supposed to root the TP from before or something? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thank you.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by fariharub View Post
    So I restarted a few times and it still keeps saying "Operation in Progress..."

My steps:

1. Installed WebOS quickinstall, added Preware from feed, then added Kindle Import .ipk and installed it on the TP

2a. Added book to Calibre (already in .mobi format)
    2b. Entered TP to USB mode
    2c. Right clicked on book in Calibre and sent to device

3. Ejected TP then launched Kindle Import

4. Selected Load New Books and says "Operation in progress...."

This is where it gets stuck and doesn't do anything. Am I supposed to root the TP from before or something? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thank you.
    Did you do a full restart? If so you can try downloading the latest version from https://github.com/sandnap/Kindle-Import/downloads and see if works for you.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Could you add a warning about that situation to the delete function if you not already had.

HaPe
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Could you add a warning about that situation to the delete function if you not already had.

HaPe
    I added this to the Installation and Usage Tips in the OP and I will add it to the code for the next release.

Did you do a full restart? If so you can try downloading the latest version from https://github.com/sandnap/Kindle-Import/downloads and see if works for you.
    I don't know about the original poster but I had the same problem tonite. I tried doing a device restart (not Luna restart) twice with no joy. Then I came looking here and found this suggestion. I downloaded from your link to the TP, allowed InternalZ to install it, did another device restart and it seems to be working fine now.

...ken...
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast