Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

This thread is for discussing the seahorss deals app. The app allows quick and easy browsing of a number of the top deal websites so touchpad users can get the very best deals.

**PLEASE NOTE: If you have v1.0.4 or earlier you will not be prompted to install v1.0.5 as it is released under a different package name. Please uninstall the old version and install the latest**

v1.1.0
    We're now in the official HP App Catalog!
    Small performance tweaks
    Couple of new sources

v1.0.5
    Backend improvements

v1.0.4
    Added ability to search slickdeals
    Added even more sources - dealnews, tech bargains, deal catcher, able shoppers and gunn's deals. (some sources are disabled by default, go to preferences to enable)

v1.0.3
    Added more sources - Digital Deals, Passwird, Spoofee, Red Flag Canada & Deals.Woot (some sources are disabled by default, go to preferences to enable)
    Added preferences screen available from application menu. User can select which deal feeds to show.
    Changed all pop-up browser screens to use full browser card
    Added option on browser pane to launch current pane in full browser card

v1.0.2
    Added new sources (Woot, Ben's Bargains)

v1.0.1
    Formating changes

~John
    Last edited by seahorss; 09/22/2011 at 09:20 AM.
    So far it looks good.

When I clicked a link for a free sample of yummi bears suger free multi vitamins in the program a new SeaHorss window/card popped up but never did anything but spin the loading thing at the bottom. I eventually just closed it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannim View Post
    So far it looks good.

When I clicked a link for a free sample of yummi bears suger free multi vitamins in the program a new SeaHorss window/card popped up but never did anything but spin the loading thing at the bottom. I eventually just closed it.
    Thanks for the feedback. Interesting on the bug, will investigate. Do you have an ad blocker installed?
    can you add woot.com to this app?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    can you add woot.com to this app?
    Sure, will include in next release along with some other new sources.
    I do not have any ad blockers installed. It is not overclocked, though govenah is installed(never used it beyond running it once and then closing it). Muffle System Logging was installed, updated, then unistalled.

A bargain site I browse a lot Ben's Bargains - Coupons, Bargains, Freebies
  7.    #7  
    New version now available with additional sources. Next release will have a preferences page where you can choose which feeds you want to include/exclude. Will also be able to add international sites then for those users in other countries. Had requests from Canada but if you are in another country and have some sites you could recommend that would be great...
    I just love this! SD has a subforum in 'freebies, called 'free magazines'. Could you include that in please?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I just love this! SD has a subforum in 'freebies, called 'free magazines'. Could you include that in please?
    Hi Woosh. Thanks for the positive feedback. I just looked at the RSS feed that slickdeals has for 'free magazines' and it's only showing one item so that's not going to be of much use to us. I'll see if there's a way to get that thread included using a different method but unfortunately that will take us a little longer to look at.

Sorry it's not better news but hopefully we'll get it in the long run
    What about Passwird or Spoofee? I like those and they never seem to get any love. Would it be possible to open the actual deals in the touchpad browser rather than a seahorss frame, like dealert does? Might work better and if someone actually buys one of these deals through your app do you have any potential liability since the transaction is going through your app? Just food for thought.
  11.    #11  
    @texasflood Was just adding Passwird and Spoofee as this message came in - Happy to give love wherever it's deserved We're also going to add the option to open the deals in a browser window for greater flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by seahorss View Post
    @texasflood Was just adding Passwird and Spoofee as this message came in - Happy to give love wherever it's deserved We're also going to add the option to open the deals in a browser window for greater flexibility.
    Wow, that was an amazingly fast reply. How do find time to work on the app? THANKS!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Wow, that was an amazingly fast reply. How do find time to work on the app? THANKS!
    Ha! My girlfriend is at yoga so I get a 2 hour window to put some time in on it
    And of course I'm sure all of us die-hard deal hunters would love to have it running in exhibition mode, possibly with some sort of running summary of feeds or a keyword search like dealert, so we can keep up with deals while charging, Just potential suggested food for thought. It's great as it is, keep up the good work! THANKS AGAIN!
    got me some gum....great app
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
  16.    #16  
    Alright, latest release is now available. Have added some new feeds and a preferences screen available from the application menu where you can select which feeds you want to see and which you want to hide. Finally, have changed the pop up windows to show in a full touchpad browser card and there's also an option on the web pane in the main card to launch the deal you are viewing in a new full-browser card.

As always, let us know what you like/don't like and we'll do all we can to refine the app.

We're still working on a good solution to try to provide search capabilities for at least the major sites, bear with us on that one!

@texasflood, we don't have a touchstone charger yet so exhibition mode may be a while down the road but once we use our app to find a deal on one we'll be sure to start coding that feature!
    I was about to suggest the same thing. *I don't feel comfortable entering my credentials on a page that says seahorss. *I would prefer to see the built in browser instead.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by seahorss View Post
    Alright, latest release is now available. Have added some new feeds and a preferences screen available from the application menu where you can select which feeds you want to see and which you want to hide. Finally, have changed the pop up windows to show in a full touchpad browser card and there's also an option on the web pane in the main card to launch the deal you are viewing in a new full-browser card.

As always, let us know what you like/don't like and we'll do all we can to refine the app.

We're still working on a good solution to try to provide search capabilities for at least the major sites, bear with us on that one!

@texasflood, we don't have a touchstone charger yet so exhibition mode may be a while down the road but once we use our app to find a deal on one we'll be sure to start coding that feature!
    Thanks. You have and continue to do yeoman's work on this thing, I'll sure take a look at the update. IIRC there is an exhibition button under settings that will kick it into exhibition even without a touchstone (which I don't have either). Actually, hmm, maybe it works that way on mine now because of that autostart exhibition preware patch I loaded. Yes I just went and looked and think so. Sorry, hard to remember all I've loaded on this touchpad in a relatively short period. So at any rate, that should be a way to test exhibition mode without having a touchstone, works for me!

Had to hit update feeds a few times before it showed up but got it loaded and saw the updates. Amazing progress in a short time!

Thanks again!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Actually, hmm, maybe it works that way on mine now because of that autostart exhibition preware patch I loaded.
    Great stuff, we'll take a look at that patch in the week. thanks for the tip
  20.    #20  
    V1.0.4 just released. Just a couple of additions but a good start on the search capabilities...

- Added ability to search slickdeals
    - Added even more sources - dealnews, tech bargains, deal catcher, able shoppers and gunn's deals. (some sources are disabled by default, go to preferences to enable)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast