Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seahorss View Post
    V1.0.4 just released. Just a couple of additions but a good start on the search capabilities...

- Added ability to search slickdeals
    - Added even more sources - dealnews, tech bargains, deal catcher, able shoppers and gunn's deals. (some sources are disabled by default, go to preferences to enable)
    Do you ever sleep?
    Great app.

For slickdeals, would it be possible to add a link to the full hot deals forum? The RSS feed doesn't keep up with the actual forum posts quickly enough.
    Just saw that v1.0.5 was released.

When this is installed, it doesn't install over v1.0.4. So, after v1.0.5 installs, v1.0.4 is still there - there are two seahorss icons. I just uninstalled v1.0.4 and everything still seems to work.
  4.    #24  
    Yes, sorry needed to post an update on that. We had to change the package name and that means v1.0.4 won't be updated but a different icon installed. It's a one-off occurrence but we're sorry we had to do it.
    Why you had to change package name?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Why you had to change package name?
    It's due to a mistake on our part with the naming of the original package. We're now looking to get in to the official HP App Store so wanted to fix it before going 'official'
    Ah very good! Good luck with that!
    is it possible to add a auto refresh function?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cherhanson View Post
    is it possible to add a auto refresh function?
    Would the auto-refresh be on the second panel? How often would you want it to refresh? Every 2 minutes? Longer?

Just FYI, we're working on exhibition mode right now and that would have an auto-refreshing, auto-scrolling list of the current deals....
    Would the auto-refresh be on the second panel? How often would you want it to refresh? Every 2 minutes? Longer?

Just FYI, we're working on exhibition mode right now and that would have an auto-refreshing, auto-scrolling list of the current deals....
    Can it be configurable at least within reason (like not probably not less than a couple minutes or more than a couple hours maybe) and search all selected sites, possibly with a notification? Guess I have dealert in mind, think that's more or less how it works. Thanks for the great work as always.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi,

Is there a way to add "Just Added" in the fatwallet section?

Thanks
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Can it be configurable at least within reason (like not probably not less than a couple minutes or more than a couple hours maybe) and search all selected sites, possibly with a notification? Guess I have dealert in mind, think that's more or less how it works. Thanks for the great work as always.
    Sounds like a great feature. I have to admit to not having seen dealert working so can't say we'll definitely be able to do something exactly the same but I would like to see us add notifications for search items. Once we get in to the HP catalog expect to see some major enhancements such as this and the exhibition mode.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Hi,

Is there a way to add "Just Added" in the fatwallet section?

Thanks
    They don't currently provide this as an RSS feed. If you can convince them to make it available we'd definitely include it!
    Sounds like a great feature. I have to admit to not having seen dealert working so can't say we'll definitely be able to do something exactly the same but I would like to see us add notifications for search items. Once we get in to the HP catalog expect to see some major enhancements such as this and the exhibition mode.
    Me neither just read a small blurb about it. And I don't mean to suggest copying that work, just like the idea of adding some automation to the deal searches many of use now do more manually. Having all done it a million times, I think we kind of have an idea of what would ease that process. I think the author of dealert recently posted he was intending to do a touchpad version at some point but don't believe he said when.
    Tried loading it on my pre+ a couple of times this past week with no joy, now I see it is for tp only.
    Can you include the pictures of the products from ben's bargains and the others? When I am browsing for deals I don't really even read the text until i see something I am interested in from the picture thumbnails next to it. That makes browsing so much more efficient. Even when searching for a type of product I then look at the pictures of the results before reading any text or prices.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannim View Post
    Can you include the pictures of the products from ben's bargains and the others? When I am browsing for deals I don't really even read the text until i see something I am interested in from the picture thumbnails next to it. That makes browsing so much more efficient. Even when searching for a type of product I then look at the pictures of the results before reading any text or prices.
    Yes, more pictures is definitely something we are working on, just want to make sure we do it in a clean and crisp way.

Still waiting on review for entry in to the HP Catalog too. Don't want to do another release until we find out whether we're in or not but don't worry we're still working on hard on enhancements
    Nice app; thanks.
    excellent app! one request, could you please add another slickdeals category for "hot topics" Deals and Coupons (not to be confused with hot deals forum). that url is the key to getting slickdeals b/c once it goes front page its often dead and most front page deals come from hot topics. the hot deals forum, on the other hand, has too many lukeworm deals to be useful.

another feed that you may want to add is a sight called dealighted. similar idea with the hot topics. been using slickdeals for a long time. these are the best ways to get the real slick deals before they die.

also, if you're listing freebies also, add hunt4freebies because that site usually has the freebies posted before they make it to slick deals. again, another chance to get in before the rush.
    Awesome work! So glad to see folks are working on new stuff for WebOS.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast