Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 69 of 69
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #61  
    Attention Ralf:
    Latest version 1.0.9 here http://code.google.com/p/webos-bluet...l.ipk&can=2&q= is a DEB package and not IPK. Is there something I need to alter to get it to run?
    Thanks, Paul
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by WDLoten View Post
    I've contacted HP support; I've reinstalled what I think is the appropriate Bluetooth driver package; I've installed the Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) adaptor; I've installed the Bluetooth Remote Control HID; I've tried reinstalling the driver via Windows Update all to no avail.
    Are you having success at first pairing your Pre to the computer?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Hi Paul

    Why do you think it is a DEB? I created that package with Palm (HP)'s tool .. no difference here compared to the the previous versions.


    - Ralf
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by henschkowski View Post
    Hi Paul

    Why do you think it is a DEB? I created that package with Palm (HP)'s tool .. no difference here compared to the the previous versions.


    - Ralf
    When I download it it saves as a DEB file!

    I'll try renaming it and get back to you.

    Paul
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    When I download it it saves as a DEB file!

    I'll try renaming it and get back to you.

    Paul

    The IPK format is a kind of DEB (Debian Linux package format) file.

    From What Is the File Extension Ipk? | eHow.com :

    Debian software packages are a type of file developed on a Unix-based computer that is typically used by
    installation software. There are a number of files associated with Debian software packages, including the .ipk
    files.


    So maybe it's your browser interpreting the IPK file as a DEB file?

    - Ralf
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by WDLoten View Post
    I've contacted HP support; I've reinstalled what I think is the appropriate Bluetooth driver package; I've installed the Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) adaptor; I've installed the Bluetooth Remote Control HID; I've tried reinstalling the driver via Windows Update all to no avail.
    I have a ProBook (5320m), too, with Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit.

    The Bluetooth driver I have installed is the "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" from Microsoft, v6.1.7600.16385, (win7_rtm.090713-1255).

    That's all I can find in the device manager. I guess the driver is part of Windows 7.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by henschkowski View Post
    The IPK format is a kind of DEB (Debian Linux package format) file.

    From What Is the File Extension Ipk? | eHow.com :

    Debian software packages are a type of file developed on a Unix-based computer that is typically used by
    installation software. There are a number of files associated with Debian software packages, including the .ipk
    files.


    So maybe it's your browser interpreting the IPK file as a DEB file?

    - Ralf
    Hi Ralf,
    I renamed the DEB file and it installed so thanks for this... again!

    Paul
  8. #68  
    Hi,
    I'm trying to run bluetooth-presenter on my Ubuntu 12.04 eeePC.
    The server starts fine, showing "Waiting for connection on RFCOMM channel 1".

    When I try to connect my Pre3, the debug output shows:
    SPP connected, but there is an error code:263
    and the buttons remain disabled.

    Is there someone who has it running with a similar configuration?
    What am I doing wrong?

    Chris
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasarion View Post
    Hi,
    I'm trying to run bluetooth-presenter on my Ubuntu 12.04 eeePC.
    The server starts fine, showing "Waiting for connection on RFCOMM channel 1".

    When I try to connect my Pre3, the debug output shows:
    SPP connected, but there is an error code:263
    and the buttons remain disabled.

    Is there someone who has it running with a similar configuration?
    What am I doing wrong?

    Chris
    Hi Chris,

    Did you pair the Pre with the eeePC before starting the server? I experienced the "263" error when pairing did go wrong for some reasons...

    Maybe have a look at this page (Step 5, I do not think the other steps are required ..): Ubuntu Living: Pairing a cellphone with Ubuntu via Bluetooth


    - Ralf
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions