Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by jensyt View Post
    They're using FFmpeg libraries: libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil, libavcore. That's from the README installed on the device.

-Jens
    Does the readme also have a location for the source code for these libraries? They are legally required to provide it.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    It will be awesome if the TouchPlayer was able to find NAS drives on my home network. I have many avi videos that I just can't view from any apps.
    That's probably a solution for a much lower level than TouchPlayer. Whereby you could mount your drives via nfs, samba or sshfs. All of which can be done from the command-line now but might be nice to have a GUI wrapper.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i would use touchplayer if it had more functionality and more information on the ui. such as seek times, progress bar, slide/drag to seek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    Simple example to play a video with the parameter to disable audio. Say your file is movie.avi and it is in /media/internal/movies/:
    ffplay -an /media/internal/movies/movie.avi

-an (disables audio)
    I have got that running and looking at videos but the subtitle options isn't working.
    I see this :Stream #0.2←[0m←[0;39m: Subtitle: ***←[0m←[0;39m (default)←[0m←[0;39m←[0m←[0;39m" but I can't get them to show up. I am going to play some more but any help on messing with the *** format would be helpful.
    dabombcra likes this.
    Does the readme also have a location for the source code for these libraries? They are legally required to provide it.
    There is no reference to the source. It only references the libraries it links with and provides the license for those libraries (LGPL). I'm assuming that if they modified the libraries, they would have to provide source code for them; you'd have to contact them about it I guess.

-Jens
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    That's probably a solution for a much lower level than TouchPlayer. Whereby you could mount your drives via nfs, samba or sshfs. All of which can be done from the command-line now but might be nice to have a GUI wrapper.
    if you can get the wrapper working you would be a complete legend! hopefully uberkernal gets the features soon as well.
    Really great effort Error 454 - thanks for your hard work on this!

I'm really excited because I can play ogg vorbis audio files through this pretty much without any choppiness - certainly it is listenable and about 99%.

It also played an avi movie quite nicely too. If you and the community at large can make this the vlc for webOS devices it would be fantastic! (I use vlc on my PC! ). This could almost be a one stop shop for media formats!!

So we come to the subject of enhancements; with audio in mind I would like to see;
    - playlists
    - gui overlay controls (pause/play, next, previous (as you have already hinted at), with progress bar, and timers (time in, time to go)
    - play in background
    - play with screen off (for audio )

Thanks!! Anything I can do to help? Please let me know.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Msdavies:

You realize audiophileHD plays ogg right?

Error:

sent you a pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jensyt View Post
    There is no reference to the source. It only references the libraries it links with and provides the license for those libraries (LGPL). I'm assuming that if they modified the libraries, they would have to provide source code for them; you'd have to contact them about it I guess.

-Jens
    They cannot by dynamically linking to the libraries and still publish to the market. The Libavcodec files are not on the whitelist. I have wondered for a while now how they are complying with the LGPL.
    Last edited by nyuepik; 08/31/2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Msdavies:

You realize audiophileHD plays ogg right?
    Nope, I've never heard of it? Its not available in App Catalog or Preware for me. Where do I get this (or is it US only)?

Thanks. (I have a Pre3 but did have a Pre2 and mplayer was the closest to playing ogg format off the device).

As all my music is in ogg vorbis and I don't plan on changing it I'd really like some resolution to this that works on webOS and is usable in order to try and retire my Tungsten T|X (oh for aeroplayer!)
    Last edited by msdavies; 08/31/2011 at 07:16 PM.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    Should be on the app catalog, but oh well. Here is the link for the ipk. Just warning you that the current phone version is pretty buggy, but the TouchPad version is really stable, and we are planning to port the updated code base to the phone.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...reble-vol.html
    Should be on the app catalog, but oh well. Here is the link for the ipk. Just warning you that the current phone version is pretty buggy, but the TouchPad version is really stable, and we are planning to port the updated code base to the phone.

Maybe its not shown as compatible with the Pre 3.

The app shows in launcher, and will launch but doesn't do anything or doesn't respond to any touch - cannot even pull down the menu. Quite strange.

(picture attached)

The TouchPad is too bulky to carry around for music. But I will try it at some point.

Looking forward to the TP version on the phone - I could run the TP version on the phone and interact with the screen more than the phone version but it had the spinning record disk in the top so some issues as you said that the TP version will not work on the phone.

Would be great to easily play ogg vorbis on my Pre 3 I will watch this thread with interest for your updates. Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ___
    I manually downloaded the file manager and touchplayer .ipk file and installed to my TP via WebOS Quick Install, then performed a luna restart. The icon showed up and i was able to search my files. When I tried to play a .avi file, it plays about 1 second of the movie, then exits back to the touchplayer file search screen. Is this happening to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix? I don't have the Uberkernal installed, so my device is not overclocked, could this have something to do with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks nyuepik, as noted I cannot use this on my Pre 3 yet - but I installed the HD version on my TouchPad and copied all my music collection onto the TP and at least I can play stuff !! I will try to use it a bit and come back with feedback on usability.
    ___
    been asked a few time but never answered..... Can you pause?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug Splat View Post
    been asked a few time but never answered..... Can you pause?
    sadly there is no pause atm

hopefully there will be a pause button added next release
    can someone tell me if they can play .mov? It seems it will open it for a split second and close when opening. Thank you.

the resolution is 960x540 but I converted to avi and it also will not play. Anyone have some suggestion? Thank you.
    Last edited by wowwow; 09/04/2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: updated
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Just been playing a bit with this last night on both the TouchPad and the Pre 3.

On the Pre 3 the keys allow a number of different functions;
    <q> Quit
    <p> or <space bar> Pause
    <w> scrolls through video, audio visualation, screen off
    <f> changes rotation or format (this shows that quite a few movies that I could only hear the audio for in the default rotation actually show the video and play nicely in the rotated portrait view - so you get a very small letterbox with a lot of black top and bottom.
    <s> slow advance a few frames or seconds

I am not sure why some of the videos do not render in the landscape mode - none of my full length movies do but the odd small trailer does?
    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Just been playing a bit with this last night on both the TouchPad and the Pre 3.

On the Pre 3 the keys allow a number of different functions;
    <q> Quit
    <p> or <space bar> Pause
    <w> scrolls through video, audio visualation, screen off
    <f> changes rotation or format (this shows that quite a few movies that I could only hear the audio for in the default rotation actually show the video and play nicely in the rotated portrait view - so you get a very small letterbox with a lot of black top and bottom.
    <s> slow advance a few frames or seconds

I am not sure why some of the videos do not render in the landscape mode - none of my full length movies do but the odd small trailer does?
    ffplay -h (using the commandline)
    This is what comes up.

While playing:
    q, ESC quit
    f toggle full screen
    p, SPC pause
    a cycle audio channel
    v cycle video channel
    t cycle subtitle channel
    w show audio waves
    s activate frame-step mode
    left/right seek backward/forward 10 seconds
    down/up seek backward/forward 1 minute
    mouse click seek to percentage in file corresponding to fraction of width
    KalemSoft can play mkv's because it has moved the heavy lifting (re-encoding to the native supported Palm video format) to your PC. TouchPlayer can't play mkv's because it is doing all of that work on the Touchpad and the CPU simply can't handle it.

TouchPlayer is a 90% solution, it plays 90% of media formats well. It may never play mkv well.

We can't beat the laws of physics here folks, don't expect that to change.
    Have you looked at a v-sync type of option? I see tearing when I play any videos and if you use -fs (force full screen) it aids in playback of videos.
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast