Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Really need some help with the video stuttering thing. I've brought this up twice before and this this is my third attempt to get some help with it. My files run fine on kalemsoft and on my pc but stutter on this app.
    i have the exact same issue. kalemsoft runs the files perfect but not on touchplayer. even small .wmv files stutter and lag. weird.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    Hey folks, sorry for the trouble here. You'll have to excuse my first homebrew submission, I'm sure I managed to screw something up.

I will get this resolved as soon as I can, you can follow my Twitter feed @error454 and I will also post here once all is well. *Until you hear back from me, there's no need to post here with +1's as the issue is easy to repro.
    Tried installing this twice: through Preware directly (I have Internalz installed) -- luna reboot afterward -- and through Quick Install, also w/luna reboot.

The app installed, but ... every time it opened, it was in some sort of directory. Couldn't click the app's down arrow in the upper left hand corner. Couldn't do anything.

Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    Tried installing this twice: through Preware directly (I have Internalz installed) -- luna reboot afterward -- and through Quick Install, also w/luna reboot.

The app installed, but ... every time it opened, it was in some sort of directory. Couldn't click the app's down arrow in the upper left hand corner. Couldn't do anything.

Help?
    Did the same for me. I thought I removed it to try again, but on reboot the icon showed up. First time I tried to play a video nothing happened, but later it worked. Just navigate to your video file and click on it, and a video window will open in a new card.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did the same for me. I thought I removed it to try again, but on reboot the icon showed up. First time I tried to play a video nothing happened, but later it worked. Just navigate to your video file and click on it, and a video window will open in a new card.
    Matt -- aha! At first I wasn't sure what you meant by 'navigate to file' -- whether you meant the directory structure that opens in Touch Player or in a file manager like Internalz ... but I figured I'd try TP first.

So here's a suggestion for all you great WebOS developers out there, who have spent several years writing programs for, well, folks like you. There's a whole new group of folks ... like me ... who just bought one of the fire sale touch pads and who are sort of tech literate, but just sort of.

In other words, don't assume that the new average user knows much of anything, and throw in a direction or two in the Preware catalog. It will be very appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Lisa
    gotwillk likes this.
    Will this application work on WebOS 1.4.5?

What about 2.1?
    good to see so many of you fixed your problem. Unfortunately i still can't play my mkv files properly.
    Problem: touchplay can play mkv but either audio without video OR video without audio (turn audio enabled to off).
    Tried: uninstalled touchplay, luna restart from internalz. Installed touchplay from preware then luna restart (internalz). Problem persist.

pre-req software installed: webos 302, filemgr, internalz, Homebrew Javascript Framework.

Any suggestion plz
    spent hours reinstalling touchplay and restart TP multiple time still can't play mkv file.
    Thanks to latest kalemsoft media player 0.3.7 fixed all my mkv problem. Just 1 time install from kalem site, simple and easy.
    can't post kalemsoft url here. Just google and you will find it.
  8.    #128  
    KalemSoft can play mkv's because it has moved the heavy lifting (re-encoding to the native supported Palm video format) to your PC. TouchPlayer can't play mkv's because it is doing all of that work on the Touchpad and the CPU simply can't handle it.

TouchPlayer is a 90% solution, it plays 90% of media formats well. It may never play mkv well.

We can't beat the laws of physics here folks, don't expect that to change.
    phil71 likes this.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    KalemSoft can play mkv's because it has moved the heavy lifting (re-encoding to the native supported Palm video format) to your PC. TouchPlayer can't play mkv's because it is doing all of that work on the Touchpad and the CPU simply can't handle it.

TouchPlayer is a 90% solution, it plays 90% of media formats well. It may never play mkv well.

Hmmm...my copy of KalemSoft plays 720p mkv files nearly without issue (there is the very occasional slowdown) without my PC doing anything other than acting as a USB port to transfer the files over. No re-encoding necessary.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Hmmm...my copy of KalemSoft plays 720p mkv files nearly without issue (there is the very occasional slowdown) without my PC doing anything other than acting as a USB port to transfer the files over. No re-encoding necessary.
    I'm thinking he means when streaming. when streaming, all the work is done pc side. however, with the latest kalemsoft player 0.3.7, I am able to play 720p mkv files locally with no issues. runs perfectly smooth. using F4 kernel clocked at 1.8ghz. tried it at 1.5ghz and also works.

My initial tests playing MKV full HD video was basic and unusable playback performance.

As a test, I upgraded my TP 32gb with the latest F4 Phantom (originally using Uberkernel) and found dual-core processors running at 1.8ghz very efficient for video playback.

Wish Touchplayer could show framerate and I can only guess MKV HD video playback went from 8 or so fps to 20 or 25 fps using F4 Phantom. Touchplayer is Much Much better now and now unusable for me and my HD MKV files. Sorli...
    I installed this app through "WebOS Quick Install" through my PC and it is AMAZING.

Why pay $8 for that other app when this plays .avi's for free perfectly!!
  13.    #133  
    Cool, use KalemSoft then.
  14.    #134  
    If folks have any interest in contributing to TouchPlayer, please read my first post. You don't have to be a coder, you just have to have a little motivation and the desire to have a kick-*** video player on the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Cool, use KalemSoft then.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to knock your efforts here at all. I think this is a fantastic project, and I'm intently watching the progress.

I did, however, feel that your statement suggesting that the KalemSoft player can only play re-encoded mkv files was inaccurate. Since I have had success with that app I felt compelled to clear that up.

Anyhow, keep up the good work!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
  16.    #136  
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to knock your efforts here at all.
    I didn't take any offense. At the end of the day these are all just tools and I believe in using the best tool for the job, right now TouchPlayer isn't the best tool if your job is MKVs.

I did, however, feel that your statement suggesting that the KalemSoft player can only play re-encoded mkv files was inaccurate. Since I have had success with that app I felt compelled to clear that up.
    Clearly I was wrong here, I thought they were another streaming media server lke PlayOn, PS3 Media Server etc. If you ever find out what library they use let me know, I'm wondering if it's like a CoreAVC equivalent - they don't mention anything on the webpage to indicate they're using any open source components so it's likely not libavcodec.
    Error 454
    I am trying to play files using what you said in your first post but I am not sure on how to pass the file and parameters needed. Oh, what parameters have you added when playing?
    It will be awesome if the TouchPlayer was able to find NAS drives on my home network. I have many avi videos that I just can't view from any apps.
    Clearly I was wrong here, I thought they were another streaming media server lke PlayOn, PS3 Media Server etc. If you ever find out what library they use let me know, I'm wondering if it's like a CoreAVC equivalent - they don't mention anything on the webpage to indicate they're using any open source components so it's likely not libavcodec.
    They're using FFmpeg libraries: libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil, libavcore. That's from the README installed on the device.

-Jens
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Error 454
    I am trying to play files using what you said in your first post but I am not sure on how to pass the file and parameters needed. Oh, what parameters have you added when playing?
    Simple example to play a video with the parameter to disable audio. Say your file is movie.avi and it is in /media/internal/movies/:
    ffplay -an /media/internal/movies/movie.avi

-an (disables audio)
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast