Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    I finally did a full reset (using WebOsDoctor ...), which was interesting because finally with the Web OS Account many things are restored (bookmarks, accounts, programs [not homebrews]). And after a normal installation , everything is ok.

My .avi now work ...
    I'm happy !

Thank you for your support
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Is this thing going to ever have streaming capabilities similar to Kalemsoft's player thing?
    Error 454-

First thing, thanks! This is great. Plays avi xvids just great. My install (from preware) went well, but that's probably because I had all the prereq's (accidentally) already installed. The file navigation is perfectly reasonable. I was a bit confused at first that the video actually opened a new window, but now I like it. I like that the playing screen is clean.

The switches (threads? non-spec optimize?) could use little help tags or a mention in any sort of help. It would be awesome to be able to pause (!!!) a video. I don't know if it's already possible. I tried holding, pinching, swiping, etc. Maybe auto pause at least when it's not in focus? Also might be nice if tapping a video selected it (playlist) and there was a separate button to start playing all the selected files.

Anyways, I'm sure you will get (literally) a million suggestions and requests and demands in the weeks to come, but even if nothing else happens, thanks for what you've done so far!
    Hello all,

I have the same problem with the color crazy. The first time I forgot to update to 3.0.2 and it didn't work. I did a 'FULL ERASE' and updated to 3.0.2.

After that, I followed the instructions to install preware, luna restart, internalz, luna restart, installed touchplayer (touchplayer_1.0.2_all.ipk), luna restart, and it still doesn't work.

I hope someone has figured out how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!
    Really need some help with the video stuttering thing. I've brought this up twice before and this this is my third attempt to get some help with it. My files run fine on kalemsoft and on my pc but stutter on this app.
    App worked fine with an install via WOSQI. Filemgr had been previously installed. Icon came up only after a hard reboot - all as described in earlier posts.

Ran a 450P avi against it without problem, but note some settings helped. With Threads set at [ 1 ], the default, a slight bump on the chest with the TP (perhaps even a shaking like one might get on an aircraft) would cause the movie to restart at the beginning. Increasing the thread to [ 2 ] improved things somewhat. Trying [ 10 ] threads and I probably could have dropped the TP on the floor and the movie wouldn't studder!

Hand gestures from left to right seemed to advance the movie, right to left, repeat it. It would be nice to eventually have a slider and timer bar to know the true effect.

I watched a foreign film with english sof subtitles (.srt file). Unfortunately, the program, as of yet doesn't recognize the subtitle file and insert them. Hope these two noted omissions are on the todo list!

Great start on the program!

Of course, one has to look out for an open source port of VLC player for WebOS. iPad owners missed out when some developer tried to charge for it. The VLC team meticulously guards their GNU license!
    Hey Error 454,

Great App but is there anyway to make videos run smoother for .rmvb files and etc. I tested out a few files and there is some delay playback. tap to pause would be great also to add.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just what I've been looking for. Rock and rolling now.
    Macbook 1.83 C2D
    DNS-323 1TB Raid1
    Boxee Box
    I got an interesting bug. I installed this on my Pre- (yes ok touchplayer implies for touchpad), but I wanted to see how its performance would be. Problem is that the icon won't show on the Pre and I cannot remove it from Preware. I am running 2.1.0. I am not sure if this a bug with Touchplayer or Preware. Basically the progress says uninstalling but the screen just stays there...

Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Vas
    i grabbed the ipk and installed from preware install package.. did a luna restart.. opened the mkv file and i get a new window, i see the black screen come up as if it's about to play, then it closes on its own... i am updated to latest version 3.0.2.
    nvm.. avi files work, but not my mkv?

checked the wikipedia link and says mkv is supported?

video looks very nice..

followed the instructions from previous post

1) i installed from preware, didnt work
    2) uninstalled touchpad, luna restart
    3) grabbed ipk, placed in a folder on TP
    4) opened preware > install package > located ipk file and installed
    5) luna restarted
    6) usb mode > added a movie to a folder
    6) opened touchplayer, opened avi file, works

edit-

how do you pause the movie?
    Last edited by tanj92; 08/27/2011 at 08:14 PM.
    Had to sign up to say awesome application thanks, just got it playing files over the network by mounting a share from the NAS too!
    Atreyu likes this.
    ok Uberdat, please advise on how you mounted a network share?
    Macbook 1.83 C2D
    DNS-323 1TB Raid1
    Boxee Box
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyflyer View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/290642-how-connect-tp-network-shares.html
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Just wondering...is there a changelog or something that states differences between version 1.0.1 and 1.0.2? According to the site, it's been updated to 1.0.2, whereas I downloaded the IPK from here when it was 1.0.1.
    Just wondering if it's worth the upgrade...thanks again!

Edit -- Ah nevermind, went to the source link and found one there. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by hpman View Post
    Hello all,

I have the same problem with the color crazy. The first time I forgot to update to 3.0.2 and it didn't work. I did a 'FULL ERASE' and updated to 3.0.2.

After that, I followed the instructions to install preware, luna restart, internalz, luna restart, installed touchplayer (touchplayer_1.0.2_all.ipk), luna restart, and it still doesn't work.

I hope someone has figured out how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi,

I just want to update my status. I had the crazy color problems and I spent the last few days trying to figure it out. I didn't realize that my webos was not updated because the update failed during installation but the touchpad indicated the installation was successful (weird). It was still on 3.0.0.

I uninstalled all the patches and related packages for touchplayer with preware. I updated to 3.0.2 68 (which took the longest time, it was stuck on download, then stuck on unpackaging. After it was successfully unpackaged, the update installed very smoothly)

I installed all the patches, did a luna restart. Then internalz, luna restart, installed touchplayer (touchplayer_1.0.2_all.ipk), luna restart, and it finally worked.

THANKS A LOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    link removed because I'm not allowed to post them yet..
    Pretty much as described by the link provided by Stevesrjr86, just used uberkernel instead, works a treat.
    +1
    Hello Uberdat (and Skyflyer),
    Please share if you have figured out a way to mount a network share. This could make the Touchplayer really great. I am newbie so baby steps would help for all us newbies :-)

webOS FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyflyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mailtms View Post
    +1
    Hello Uberdat (and Skyflyer),
    Please share if you have figured out a way to mount a network share. This could make the Touchplayer really great. I am newbie so baby steps would help for all us newbies :-)

webOS FTW!!!

Kinda waiting for dlna to get added to touchplayer....that and I don't have a lot of time right now to figure out how to mount network drive. I'm super excited it is possible and I'm confident my dlna/touchplayer dreams will come true. I have money standing by as well, just let me know where to send it.
    Macbook 1.83 C2D
    DNS-323 1TB Raid1
    Boxee Box
    dlna+touchplayer would surely be the best for such closed touchpad !