Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by vryce666 View Post
    Heh, there is no way I can ask this without sounding like a total noob, but once you get everything installed how do you find where you dropped your media, I have a file system that has no resemblence to what I see when I open it up in Windows, color me a file system *****, fed on a steady diet of Graphical UI's : )
    When you open up your TP in windows, it shows you the /media/internal folder. When TouchPlayer starts, it shows you the /media/internal folder. What may be throwing you off is the addition of hidden files (files that start with a period). You can ignore these.
  2.    #82  
    You should never have to re-image your Touchpad. There is something very specific that is causing your problem, let's find it and fix it.

Also a big thanks to those that are writing guides and helping out. The less time I spend here fixing things, the more time I can spend enhancing the product.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1977 View Post
    Hi !
    Like Alan SH, I have managed to get installed Touchplayer, I can navigate in the folders,but when I choose a file the line becomes green, if I choose anothr one, it also becomes green, but nothing else never happens ...
    The first time I ran Touchplayer, the Homebrow JSJSJS $Framework$ $was$ $not$ $installed$ ($neither$ $was$ $Preware$, $I$ $only$ $used$ $Web$ $OS$ $Quick$ $Install$) =&$gt$; $so$ :
    - I uninstalled Touchplayer then did a Luna Restart using the service provided by InternalZ Pro
    - I installed Preware, then Homebrew JSJSJS $Framework$
    - I did another Luna Restart
    - I installed Touchplayer using WebOSQuick Install (manually and not with the package proposed because it doesn't do anything)
    - I did another Luna Restart to make the Touchplayer icon appear
    - I tried Touchplayer but as before I can't make a file start ...

When I run Touchplayer, it is written "touchplayer" in a small way in the upper left side, but there is no menu associated if I click on it. Just under is written "touchplayer ffplay settings" but I can't select a menu of settings from that, and on the right is written "current path " with the path. And under I have 3 options : Audio Enabled (YES), Non-spec optimize (NO), THREADS (1), with the folders / file on the right side.
    I can choose a folder and see the files, but they become green when I choose a file and nothing happens ...

Sorry it's long, I try to give as many details as possible.

I have updated to Web OS 3.0.2 could it be a cause ???

Thank you ...
    Hello, sorry for your troubles. There are many versions of WOSQI, so I never know how to help there. Can you grab the latest IPK that I posted:
    http://t.co/gnKEkkt and install it using the Preware -> Install Package menu. It's possible you have an older version of WOSQI that is not running the post-install scripts properly (just a guess).
    vryce666 likes this.
    thanks man. i can watch rmvb on it but still lags a little cause good quality. what are the controls for the player?
    Hey good start, missing the controls but installed from preware without a problem. The only thing is to make sure you restart Luna after installing it. Great work
    I installed this without a hitch. I opened up an MKV file, however, and the screen is all garbled and green... and the video sort of overlays itself. It's like only the first frame I see that looks good. Tried changing the settings, of course... but, I must not have done something right (should I try overclocking too? SD and HD videos show the same issue, and audio is fine). Something I'm missing here? I haven't tried any other codecs but I hope I can give some useful feedback. Anyway, good day and thank you for your awesome work.
    Last edited by sisyphus119; 08/26/2011 at 02:39 AM.
    Very nice!

This app, combined with the uberkernel's Windows share support, means that I now have access to all my divx videos on my media server.

Minor criticisms:
    You need to make it clear that a Luna restart is required in Preware in order to make the app work, and on-screen controls (play/pause/seek) would be really nice.
    screenshots would be nice...
    Hiya,

Great app just what i was looking for, would be great to get GPU acceleration in it at some point but for the moment would you consider if you can add a menu option that just runs "mount -a"? Ive got a cifs share setup that this works great with to play videos over the network but at the moment i have to run xecutah, xserver, xterm, type mount -a then start touchplayer to see the vids after a reboot.

Not sure if its possible to add to the menu of your app but if you can if would be brilliant.

Thanks
    Yeah mine's to crazy colors thing too.
    I had the issue with the colors, too. Upgrading to WebOS 3.0.2 solved this problem, so be sure to be up-to-date with WebOS.
    Yeah so I fixed my disco colors issue. You do have to update, but make sure you get the LATEST update, not just 3.0.2. I was at 3.0.2, but upgrading to 3.0.2.68 fixed me up. take care!
    Hey all, I have a strange issue occurring when I try to install Touchplayer, using the most recent advice given I attempted to install it via Preware, after I reset the device after both Touchplayer, FileManager, and HOme brew installl (due the icon not showing) I find that I still cannot see Touchplayer, and the icons for the other 2 programs disappear, I also find preware no longer accurately tracks which packages are installed (Pre Reset it said 15, now it says 4) Tried resetting via WebOS Doctor and got the same result when I did it a 2nd time.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I finally got it to work.

Uninstalled the package. Did a full reset. Made sure I'd got all the pre-req packages loaded (I had). Used Preware to install. Did a reset. Package worked.

Now, one question. I normally have my TP with the minimise button on the left. When this package (and the TP default one) start playing, they turn the video round 180 degrees. WHY? And can you fix it?

Alan
    Alan,

Since I've got the same problem as you, the same solution should work ... A "full erase" will I suppose erase all the programs that I've installed already ? Will these programs (the not hombrew ones) be automatically found thanks to the WebOS Account or do I have to write somewhere the list and find it after ???
    I prefer to ask before ...

Thank you ...

PS Mr Error 454, I tried the installation through preware (with a soft reset before and after) but it didn't solve the "green line" of Touch Player file manager problem unfortunately. Thank you for your support
    great app @error454, many thanks.

Looking forward if you can develop DLNA Upnp as well

Well Done
    I was able to install it after the latest update. Thanks for time and effort that you put into this. I am sure it will evolve with time, but this is a fantastic start
    Success! I was able to get it working! About the only thing I changed (YMMV) is that instead of rebooting it via holding power and the central button, I shut it down manually and then turned it back on. Great program!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1977 View Post
    Alan,

Since I've got the same problem as you, the same solution should work ... A "full erase" will I suppose erase all the programs that I've installed already ? Will these programs (the not hombrew ones) be automatically found thanks to the WebOS Account or do I have to write somewhere the list and find it after ???
    I prefer to ask before ...

Thank you ...

PS Mr Error 454, I tried the installation through preware (with a soft reset before and after) but it didn't solve the "green line" of Touch Player file manager problem unfortunately. Thank you for your support
    No, I did a reset, not erase. Which means I shut it down and powered it back on again.

Alan.
    is it not possible to pause and forward the videos?
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast