Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    unable to download IPK from precentral, cause I can not login.
    "You don't have access here."
    I can only login to forum.
    ERROR 454. You should release the touch player officially and make some money out of it. Just imagine even if few thousands out of the million new touchpad owners buy your app. And i believe they will since it is the only one. You can make a small fortune. Well people on this forums and many more know how to bypass the paying process but there and thousands more who are not tech savy's and would rather prefer to buy a app. So my suggestion is that you launch it before anyone else legally.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Very nice app indeed. Please add a decent scrub bar that only works after touching the display once. Also, it would be nice if the player started at the position where it was left (resume)

With the little kinks worked out and a nice UI, I can see myself paying 2-3 $ on this
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh3090416 View Post
    ERROR 454. You should release the touch player officially and make some money out of it. Just imagine even if few thousands out of the million new touchpad owners buy your app. And i believe they will since it is the only one. You can make a small fortune. Well people on this forums and many more know how to bypass the paying process but there and thousands more who are not tech savy's and would rather prefer to buy a app. So my suggestion is that you launch it before anyone else legally.
    KalemPlayer plays videos as well, but is a pay-for app (with a free demo).
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHunter View Post
    unable to download IPK from precentral, cause I can not login.
    "You don't have access here."
    I can only login to forum.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    OK, so far I've reinstalled everything:
    -Preware
    -JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$
    -FileMgr
    -Internalz Pro

Still my videos come out all psychedelic, and start swirling in until it looks like colored digital snow. Sound plays fine, but can't play videos at all. I've tried xvid, wmv, flv, mp4. Any help would be great.
    My videos are all coming up with crazy, swirling colors. Impossible to see what's going on. Sound plays fine though. I'm on a 16 gb touchpad, if that helps.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    OK, this fixed my problem, so just double check to make sure you're on the same... it looks like I missed an important step in the preware process... make sure you are on 3.0.2.. I wasn't, and when I updated, I reinstalled everything, and everything works great.

I followed this guide the second time around:
    http: / / forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/293028-new-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I installed it without the JSJSJS $stuff$ $and$ $of$ $course$, $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$.

So,

1. Where do I get that framework s/w?
    2. How do I uninstall this package? Preware tries but just hangs waiting for something.

edit - it appears I DO have the JSJSJS $framework$ $loaded$. $No$ $what$?

Alan
    Last edited by alan sh; 08/25/2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: update with more info
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    When I launch TouchPlayer it basically gets stuck on this screen, I can toggle the options but can't navigate to any video files. Any help would be appreciated! =D
    If anyone else gets this screen it is because the file manager service is not installed. Install Internalz to resolve.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Also, how to I back out of a video to start a new one?
    Minimize to card view and close the window.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh3090416 View Post
    This app requires root access so it can never exist on the public catalog. I'm honestly not interested in trying to make money on this. I'd rather get 1 or 2 other developers that are interested and just make it the best damn video player on the Touchpad, kind of like how vlc is the best player everywhere else.

At the end of the day I just want to have fun and watch videos, not support a bunch of paying customers. That's why I've fully open-sourced this, if I fall off the face of the planet, someone else can pick it up and continue.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I installed it without the JSJSJS $stuff$ $and$ $of$ $course$, $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$.

So,

1. Where do I get that framework s/w?
    2. How do I uninstall this package? Preware tries but just hangs waiting for something.

edit - it appears I DO have the JSJSJS $framework$ $loaded$. $No$ $what$?

Alan
    I made a mistake on the requirements, you need the file manager service installed. Install Internalz and it will grab the file manager framework for you.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I already have that installed.

Just checked, I have FileMGR, Internalz Pro, Howmbrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $all$ $installed$. $But$ $I$ $still$ $cannot$ $launch$ $or$ $remove$ $TouchPlayer$.

Any secret incantation?

Alan
    I'm pretty sure I updated to 3.0.2 right after I unwrapped my Touchpad, before any of this preware or homebrew business. Still, it might be worth a shot. Did you uninstall everything, including preware, all the apps you downloaded, any patches, kernels, etc?
  16.    #56  
    I already have that installed.

Just checked, I have FileMGR, Internalz Pro, Howmbrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $all$ $installed$. $But$ $I$ $still$ $cannot$ $launch$ $or$ $remove$ $TouchPlayer$.

Any secret incantation?

Alan
    You didn't mention how you installed this originally. But download the ipk and install directly with WOSQI or Preware, be sure to do a Luna restart. If this doesn't work then watching videos is the least of your problems because the fabric of the universe is unraveling.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I didn't do a luna restart. Just trying it now.

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    OK - I can now load it up (thanks for that hint). Change path to where my Andromeda videos are (m4p) and they show as a filelist.

How do I play them? If I tap on a filename, the line turns green. Tap on another and so does that.

Thats it. Nothing else seems to happen.

Alan
  19.    #59  
    OK - I can now load it up (thanks for that hint). Change path to where my Andromeda videos are (m4p) and they show as a filelist.

How do I play them? If I tap on a filename, the line turns green. Tap on another and so does that.

Thats it. Nothing else seems to happen.

Alan
    Most likely, you didn't have the homebrew javascript framework fully installed before installing TouchPlayer. To be clear, before you install TouchPlayer, you have to have the framework installed and have to have done a luna restart.

So now that you've luna restarted to ensure the framework is good to go, install TouchPlayer again, luna restart and you should be golden.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    OK - trying it now. No, sorry, still does the same thing. Just seems stuck on the "ffplay Settings" page.

Alan
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast