Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Thanks heaps!!

Downloaded - unzipped - installed via WOSQI - Rockin!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/19/2012 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks! Just to share a tip - there's a utility from Jason Robitaille that I've been using for a while now:

Ipkg Feed Generator v1.0

I put these hard to find or missing apps in a dropbox folder and add the feed to Preware. Then, when I'm restoring from a Doctor or a reconfiguration - I can still restore the apps from Preware's "saved packages list". It's come in very handy several times!

Thanks, WknThDg!
    How does one download the touchplayer ipk??? Is this still available for me to download anymore?

If so, would someone kindly post a working link etc.

Thanks A Bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoutcastR View Post
    How does one download the touchplayer ipk??? Is this still available for me to download anymore?

If so, would someone kindly post a working link etc.

Thanks A Bunch.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $link$ $above$ $your$ $post$ $is$ $still$ $working$.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post

Thanks! Just to share a tip - there's a utility from Jason Robitaille that I've been using for a while now:

Ipkg Feed Generator v1.0

I put these hard to find or missing apps in a dropbox folder and add the feed to Preware. Then, when I'm restoring from a Doctor or a reconfiguration - I can still restore the apps from Preware's "saved packages list". It's come in very handy several times!

Thanks, WknThDg!
    Thanks! I've been looking for something like that for over two years (clearly not all that hard). The info I found on ipkg feeds was horribly cryptic.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $link$ $above$ $your$ $post$ $is$ $still$ $working$.

Thanks kayphoonstar,

All ok now. My Norton av is to blame.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    While the application works perfectly, I would still petition the OP to recompile a version for the phones ( so with the image rotated in hw )... I think it would just require to swap the x and y axes in the file loader module.
    Rotating on the command line causes a sw rescaling ( vs an hw rescaling ) and the result is not so nice, and not so quick
    As the OP has long since 'disappeared' - did anyone get anywhere with compiling a Phone version since, or is there a 'tweak/patch' we can use to successfully rescale?

Thanks!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    As the OP has long since 'disappeared' - did anyone get anywhere with compiling a Phone version since, or is there a 'tweak/patch' we can use to successfully rescale?

Thanks!

The only tweak I found had a huge impact on performance... so it's useless...
    The only tweak I found had a huge impact on performance... so it's useless...
    Thanks.. frustrating, as V 1.0.7 is a reliable and vertsatile player!
    So the actual Touchplayer coding needs to be adjusted to suit?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    fear yes, because as things are now, the only option is passing parameters that can rotate the screen, but at the same time cause software acceleration vs hw one.
    Going by memory maybe it's relatively working if not fullscreen.. but the aspect ratio is totally gone + a LOT of unused space.

I did try on a pre3
    fear yes, because as things are now, the only option is passing parameters that can rotate the screen, but at the same time cause software acceleration vs hw one.
    Going by memory maybe it's relatively working if not fullscreen.. but the aspect ratio is totally gone + a LOT of unused space.

I did try on a pre3
    Right.. and that's where it becomes totally inefficient?

Plays Pre3 only in portrait, yes - but squished-to-full-screen vertical hight aspect ratio.
    Landscape-only would suit phones very well, if aspect ratio coud be maintained.
    Plays Touchpad correctly in Landcape-only....

Hhmmm... Where IS that 'Error454' when you need him - off in Android-world I suspect!

Nop, it becomes inefficient once rotated in landscape and fixed the image issues in landscape

..../palm/services/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service/

ffplayAssistant.jsjsjs
    args = " -vf rotate=1,expand=300:1200" these were the last I tried to use before giving up

Previously ( never commented out )

var args = " -vf rotate=1 -y 200 -screenw 480 -screenh 800"
    Last edited by mazzinia; 04/14/2013 at 03:16 PM.
    For whoever is interested, the feed on preware is down since some days, and I don't sense there'll be changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Just that feed? maybe you missed the emergency upgrades?
    TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE
    Nop, just that feed.. it gives a network error (also if you try with a browser). I ignored it for some days, thinking it was a temporary issue, but now is a week or more....

On a side and OT note, preware keeps offering an upgrade for an app, in a looping way
  15.    #436  
    Hey folks, I got an email alert from this thread. I am totally blown away that people are still using what could possibly be the worst video player of all time! I don't know whether to be flattered or just sad.

I miss webOS and I'm glad to see some of you still hanging in there. I wish I could just throw down a zip for touchplayer for you folks but unfortunately I never saved the binary. Although I have the source, I no longer have a build environment which in retrospect was the hardest part to get going and I no longer remember how to build webOS root packages and all that.

Unless someone has a zip floating around after all these years, I'm sorry to say that we're out of luck There are so many devices in my life that my Touchpad is now velcro'd to my refrigerator running Cyanogenmod and functioning as a shopping list and weather station. The video players on android are free and run fantastic on the TP, you can even mount cifs and nfs shares etc. I'd recommend making the plunge, especially if Preware is going south.

Good luck!
    I do still have a 'zip' copy of 'Touchplayer_1.0.7_all.ipk' if anyone ever needs it.

Actually, I find it a great player for all webOS TP's..

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/24/2014 at 04:09 AM.

Why not PM the author and send a copy?

Then App Gallery | webOS Nation awaits for a submission...
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Why not PM the author and send a copy?

Then App Gallery | webOS Nation awaits for a submission...
    Two reasons:

1). The file size is too large for the PM attachment limit.

2). 'Error 454' has not yet responded to my PM request for an email address to which I can instead send it!

(These same 2 reasons are why I also posted my most recent message here!).
    Besides which, the tone of 'Error 454's message above, implies that he'd rather forget the whole sorry thing and that we all just use Android instead!

Why don't I send it to you for archiving somewhere? ~ PM me an email address?

~~~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/24/2014 at 10:31 AM.

19.    #440  
    Hey folks! Sorry this has taken so long.
    I've hosted the file here, feel free to grab it.

Huge thanks to Mutoidi!
    Mutoidi likes this.