Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    I just got the feeds per page 1 and have the following error log when trying to install Touchplayer. Can anyone help, please??
    Thanks.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -I --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error

cdn.precentral.net/resources/applications/000/010/840/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.8_all.ipk

2>&1
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    Quote Originally Posted by block306 View Post
    cdn.precentral.net/resources/applications/000/010/840/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_2.0.8_all.ipk
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

touchplayer has a dependency on the 'filemgr" service, which is currently broken in Preware because it tries to install from an old URL - all the precentral URLs have been replaced with webosnation ones.

The developer of filemgr appears to be unavailable right now, so the software hasn't been updated yet - in the meantime you can download it from here:

http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service - you will need to be logged in for the download link

Then either save the ipkg file to your device, and install it via preware, or install it via webOSQuickInstall on your computer.
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
    I'm trying to create a shortcut for touchplayer that will open and play a stream from a webcam. I started from a browser shortcut and substituted touchplayer for the browser but it just opens touchplayer, touchplayer ignores the paramter "url:webcam.asf"
    I just got the touchplayer 1.0.7 installed on my HP touchpad (WebOS 3.0.5)
    It took me 2 days to figure out everything, now I put everything together and give a complete installation guide. The previous posts are all pieces of information, nobody gave out a clear notes, and most of them have wrong and misleading information.
    Now you will only take 10 - 15 mins to complete everything. it is a great video player, it supports all of the video formats I have.

The Current Web OS version is 3.0.5

1. Install Java 1.6
    It is a very standard installation, there is nothing need to be discciussed here.

2. Download touchplayer 1.0.7 ipk file
    search google to get it, they won't let me to post the URL

3. Download WebOS Quick Install 4.4.0.jar

4. Download Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$

5. Download FileMgr

6. Turn on Touchpad in Developer mode
    Go to "Device Info" just type "webos20090606" without quotes or "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" without quotes, or "##3386633#" without quote.
    Any of these will prompt the search to pull of the Developer Mode. You turn it on and your device should be in developer mode. If it requests a password you just press submit, there is no apassword at default.

7. Restart your touchpad

8. connect your touchpad to PC through the USB cable
    DO NOT change your touchpad to USB Device mode when it connected to your PC, most people gave wrong or misleading instructuions here. I stucked here for 2 days to figure out. If you connect your touchpad as the USB mode, the WebOSInstaller will get no responding when it try to install those ipk files.

9. Double click the WebOSQuickInstall-4.4.0.jar
    Novacom driver will get installed automatically when you run WebOS Quick Install

10. Press the green "+" button to select those ipk files you just download and press the "Install" button
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$
    FileMgr
    touchplayer 1.0.7

11. Restart your touchpad and connect it as USB device to your PC

12. Copy your favoriate movies and videos to a separate folder in your touchpad

13. You will find the touchplayer in the "Dwonload" tab on your touchpad.

Enjoy your movies!

While the application works perfectly, I would still petition the OP to recompile a version for the phones ( so with the image rotated in hw )... I think it would just require to swap the x and y axes in the file loader module.
    Rotating on the command line causes a sw rescaling ( vs an hw rescaling ) and the result is not so nice, and not so quick
    p41m3r likes this.
    I've tried playing different files and .mkv files don't play/sync up correctly. Is this native to Touchplayer or is there a way to play .mkvs? Files range from 500mb to 1.7GBs.
    does touchplayer work with luna community edition aka uberluna?
    I think the link to download and install 'Touchplayer' is broken?
    I have entered the feed into Preware again but still this excellent App is not found.

Having just had to 'Doctor' my TP I am VERY keen to reinstall it!

Does anyone please have an ipk file of V1.0.7 that they can direct me to or email to me?

Thanks... videoless!

Yes.. the OP has since verified for me that the 'Private feed' Server went down and that he has no backups..

Hhmmm!

Can anyone therefore direct/PM me to a V 1.0.7 Touchplayer ipk file please?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/26/2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Did you ever find an ipk? Just bought my Touchpad used and wanted to install TouchPlayer but cannot find it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by webos john View Post
    Did you ever find an ipk? Just bought my Touchpad used and wanted to install TouchPlayer but cannot find it either.

No.. nothing whatsoever from the developer.. he basically said that he was surprised that I was even still using webOS and that Android have some excellent players!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I could find was a grotty old ipk of Touchplayer V 1.0.4 that I happened to have on a memory stick! The one that gave all the trouble unless it was a fresh install with all file managers properly installed first.. and there is a slight lag between Audio and Video.

SOMEONE must have an ipk of V 1.0.7, surely!! Like anyone installing via WOSQI.. as opposed to the now defunct download feed?

Let me know if you locate one.. and also PM me if I can help by getting my 1.0.4 to you at least, if you get really desperate!
    It's about 6Mb.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/14/2012 at 08:16 PM.
    I missed that the feed wasn't working and only have the ipk for 1.04 although I have 1.07 installed. Since it's got services in the package, I'm nor exactly sure how to get it to package correctly. I'll look into it a bit and try to get an ipk build.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I missed that the feed wasn't working and only have the ipk for 1.04 although I have 1.07 installed. Since it's got services in the package, I'm nor exactly sure how to get it to package correctly. I'll look into it a bit and try to get an ipk build.

Thanks! I assumed the feed would be there 'forever' or I'd have downloaded the ipk of the latest version too!

Let us know how you go with your attempts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Thanks! I assumed the feed would be there 'forever' or I'd have downloaded the ipk of the latest version too!

Let us know how you go with your attempts!
    I'm not having very much luck creating the full package and just copying directories doesn't work either. The install has requires and creates a service with prerm and postinst scripts that need to run and, well, it's just over my head. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I'm not having very much luck creating the full package and just copying directories doesn't work either. The install has requires and creates a service with prerm and postinst scripts that need to run and, well, it's just over my head. . .

thanks for looking into it anyway!
    i know the latest V 1.0.7 got pretty complex, with a self validating instal-script running on boot up too!

I can plod on with V 1.0.4...

But surely someone here actually downloaded a 'hard copy' of the 1.0.7 ipk that we could reinstall via WOSQI?

Yes.. the OP has since verified for me that the 'Private feed' Server went down and that he has no backups..

Hhmmm!

Can anyone therefore direct/PM me to a V 1.0.7 Touchplayer ipk file please?

Thanks!
    ...But surely someone here actually downloaded a 'hard copy' of the 1.0.7 ipk that we could reinstall via WOSQI?

If one of the mods or Error 454 approves here, I can provide the com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer_1.0.7_all.ipk (5.60 MB).
    Though his profile page says: Last Activity: 11/26/2011 09:26 PM.
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    If one of the mods or Error 454 approves here, I can provide the com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer_1.0.7_all.ipk (5.60 MB).
    Maybe a link via pm?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Hi, what you need an approval for to share the ipk? The software is GPL, so you can share the ipk without any problems.
    I have done this in this forum more then once. Even with packages I have enhanced after the original developer had gone.

I expect we all would be happy to have a copy available here and someone should move the src over to a save place.

HaPe
    Thanks Hape.
    'Error454' has gone fairly quiet, yes!
    He mentioned to me that he would have to re-compile as he didn't have a backup.. I am fairly sure that he would prefer not to have to consider doing that.. were the file 'legally' available here again,