Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    forgive me for bumping this question, but I'd really appreciate hearing whether this is something that is being looked at for a future release, or if it's something that simply can't or won't be done.
    This is not something I am looking into, but honestly I think you are asking the wrong question. You should be searching for the answer to the question "Can mplayer play video_ts directories", once you find that answer you can see if it works using the version of mplayer included in Touchplayer.
    ah, I see, first things first, can the underlying media playback software can do it? I'll check into it.
    could you possibly add an option to select alternate audio tracks?

I have some recorded tv files (mpeg-2 transport stream) that playback properly in english on my htpc (the box that recorded it), but routinely playback in spanish on the touchpad.
    Latest version does not appear to be hosted on this website. I went to the App page for Touchplayer and got version 1_0_4. Found 1_0_7 online, hosted elsewhere. Preware isn't working for me at the moment either, seems to have issues downloading the package lists so I cant install anything new, or update older installs.

*ps: having the green line issue. Already checked root using Internalz, that works fine.*

been scrolling through this forum looking for solutions. I'll post again if anything starts working.
    you're going to have to fix your problems with preware... Then you'll find that touchplayer 1.0.7 installs just fine from the mobilecoder feed you would have if you followed the instructions linked in post 1.
    For information, streaming from Dreambox (DM7020S) is working with mplayer. The image is quite good, but I have some audio/video delay issues. Correcting them results in image drops.
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi, has any one tried to play mp4 films on the default player yet? I've got a couple of films on the tp and none is playing now in its original aspect ratio - all I get is a thin strip.

I rebooted a couple of time but that didn't help.

Any remedy for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bnix1963 View Post
    Hi, has any one tried to play mp4 films on the default player yet?
    Are you talking about the stock video player or about Touchplayer ?
    If you haven't installed Touchplayer, then it's the wrong thread, sorry.
    But I strongly recommend that you installed it instead of using the stock video player.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I did the update and have no problem with my .mp4 videos in the default player. Oddly I can't see my audio files but I am working with HP on that. You might want to start a live chat with the support team.
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    I did the update and have no problem with my .mp4 videos in the default player. Oddly I can't see my audio files but I am working with HP on that. You might want to start a live chat with the support team.
    Hum ! Are you also talking about Touchplayer or the default video player (the one that got shipped with the Touchpad) ?
    It seems that you also are not on the good thread (here we are talking about the Touchplayer software that you installed through Preware).
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    Hum ! Are you also talking about Touchplayer or the default video player (the one that got shipped with the Touchpad) ?
    It seems that you also are not on the good thread (here we are talking about the Touchplayer software that you installed through Preware).
    Sorry, you are right, I should have PM'd him.

Back on subject, any idea when TouchPlayer might be available again in Preware? I accidentally deleted mine and I have had no success trying to figure out how to get it back. The crazy thing is my wife still has it on hers but she doesn't use it on her Touchpad. Even just putting the last stable release back in Preware would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    Sorry, you are right, I should have PM'd him.

Back on subject, any idea when TouchPlayer might be available again in Preware? I accidentally deleted mine and I have had no success trying to figure out how to get it back. The crazy thing is my wife still has it on hers but she doesn't use it on her Touchpad. Even just putting the last stable release back in Preware would be awesome
    The 1st post explains how to add it to your Preware feeds. Check that out.
    Maybe it's related to the current 3.0.5 update ?
    Anyway if you have all the relevant dependancies, you can always try to install it directly:
    http://mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/t..._1.0.7_all.ipk
    Hi

I tried to install TouchPlayer 1_0_7 on the Pre3 using the MobileCoder feed on Preware. Install process just went smoothly. I did the full restart of the device and checked that I had the homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$ $installed$.

But nonetheless, I still get the error :
    - - - - - -
    Something is wrong with your installation [...] :
    (Failed) Service not running as root
    The most likely reasons are :
    1. The homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$ $is$ $not$ $installed$ ($it$ $is$ $installed$ $in$ $my$ $case$)
    2. TouchePlayer was not installed using Preware [...] (it was installed with Preware)
    3. The device was not rebooted after install (it was rebooted)

- - - - - -

What else can I check ? I'm ready to edit files or so. I'm checking the file pointed above by Keimix...

TIA

Edit 1 : Using French Pre3 with WebOS 2.2.4

Edit 2 : I checked the item listed in the post # 36 by Error454 on the TouchPlayer doc page. I also checked the item on post # 46 by CaptainFabulous and then did a shutdown and restart.

Still no luck : Service not running as root

Charly
    Last edited by calebrun; 01/20/2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    My tp update to version 3.0.5 and suddenly when i play a movie in touchplayer makes the tp restart
    Quote Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
    Hi

I tried to install TouchPlayer 1_0_7 on the Pre3 using the MobileCoder feed on Preware. Install process just went smoothly. I did the full restart of the device and checked that I had the homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$ $installed$.

But nonetheless, I still get the error :
    - - - - - -
    Something is wrong with your installation [...] :
    (Failed) Service not running as root
    The most likely reasons are :
    1. The homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$ $is$ $not$ $installed$ ($it$ $is$ $installed$ $in$ $my$ $case$)
    2. TouchePlayer was not installed using Preware [...] (it was installed with Preware)
    3. The device was not rebooted after install (it was rebooted)

- - - - - -

What else can I check ? I'm ready to edit files or so. I'm checking the file pointed above by Keimix...

TIA

Edit 1 : Using French Pre3 with WebOS 2.2.4

Edit 2 : I checked the item listed in the post # 36 by Error454 on the TouchPlayer doc page. I also checked the item on post # 46 by CaptainFabulous and then did a shutdown and restart.

Still no luck : Service not running as root

Charly
    Hum I don't know if someone has ever used the new versions on other devices than Touchpad ?
    Anyway if you speak french, you can try to run it from the command-line to see if at least the mplayer installation is OK.
    Check the procedure here:
    HP Touchpad // WebOs 3.0.5 Dispo ! // nouveau sondage. [Topic Unique] - Page : 282 - Tablet - Technologies Mobiles - FORUM HardWare.fr
    Quote Originally Posted by neroxyr View Post
    My tp update to version 3.0.5 and suddenly when i play a movie in touchplayer makes the tp restart
    Does it happen every time ?
    Does it happen with every movie ?

Except trying to launch it with the command-line (see my previous post), I don't really know how to debug this ?
    If others people report the same behavior, maybe the author can look into this. But if you are the only one... the only hope may lie in doctoring your Touchpad ?
    Hi! I try to use this build of mplayer on HP Veer. From console I start it as:

# ./mplayer -framedrop -vf rotate=1,scale=400:320 path_to_file

Playback nearly smooth, but I want to keep original aspect ratio. What keys should I use?

Can someone help me to compile latest mplayer for smartphones?
    I've a Pre3, and I feel the lack of a decent video player (kalemsoft is not officially available for it)... I've tried the mplayer version Jason Robitaille made, but I've had issues opening part of the video samples I've tried.

Yesterday I've seen this thread, and I've decided to try my luck...

It works perfectly, aside some issues

1) both the program main screen, and the mplayer output, should be displayed in Landscape.
    (the program can rotate from portrait to landscape, but in portrait has really no meaning)
    (the mplayer video output is locked in portrait.. and that's not useful for a phone)

2) the first time I tried to open a sample, it failed. subsequently it worked

Now, my proposal is... why not adding to the main screen a device selector ?
    Touchpad : default as it is
    Pre3 etc etc : for each, a different set of options passed to mplayer... and in all cases a lock to Landscape
    I'd like to say a huge thank you to all the developers that provided replacement ipk files for all the filemgr related apps I lost. I will be dropping donations into your paypal soon.