Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    As many have reported already, 1.06a is working beautifully!

On the subtitles, question:

My guess is movies must first have subtitles in order to display. Then if there are subtitles, they are ALWAYS present, but the "Move subs to black" toggle effects the css code and "No" means they would be white, and thus display in the black area below the movie playing, and "Yes" means they would be black and not be seen? Does there need to be a re-boot between option changes for this and font size/scale?

This is an incredible breakthrough for the Touchpad, thanks for developing it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  2.    #362  
    I am so pleased things are finally installing for folks.

I really have to thank SaintGermain, really really THANK YOU! The solution was actually discovered by SaintGermain and I simply threw it into the install script.

For some reason, I had named the service files oddly such that multiple service files were present in the /var/palm/ls2 folder. For reasons I still don't understand, on my Touchpad, the com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service.service file was used but on other devices the com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service file was used.

The way this all works may have changed in 3.0.4, but the fix was to simply get rid of the .service.service file. So now the install process deletes this file if it exists and overwrites the existing .service file with the right junk.

I did verify that the jailusers file doesn't seem to make a difference in the matter. Anyways, give SaintGermain a pat on the back for first discovering this and broadcasting it to those that would listen.

Regarding subtitles, I don't know the exact algorithm mplayer uses to find these. It first searches the movie to see if they are embedded and then I believe it searches for a subtitle file with the same name as the movie but with a subtitle file extension.

The Yes/No toggle doesn't change the color of the subtitles (at least not that I know of, that code is something of a magic black box). The toggle *should* simply offset the subtitles in the Y direction so that they fill in the empty space below the movie... clearly you have probably noticed that this is kind of buggy as it shifts the whole dang movie up. It's a simple mplayer command line option that you can check out in ffplayAssistant.jsjsjs, -$vf$ $blahblah$:$blah$

I might actually be able to do something about the brightness, i.e. crank it up in the pixel shader. Really what should be next is an onscreen GUI drawn in openGL which controls for stuff like this, I just need to find a good framework for doing menus because this would get messy fast. Also I'm looking into possibly using one of the existing mplayer front-ends but it seems most of these use QT4 and that support library still sounds experimental on webOS.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Does there need to be a re-boot between option changes for this and font size/scale?
    No. Once Touchplayer is installed and running you never have to do any further reboots. Right now the settings you set in the menu simply change what command line parameters are fed into the command line for the next video you tap on.

In fact I don't even save these menu options across application runs, I'll add that in the next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    I really have to thank SaintGermain, really really THANK YOU! The solution was actually discovered by SaintGermain and I simply threw it into the install script.
    [...]
    I did verify that the jailusers file doesn't seem to make a difference in the matter. Anyways, give SaintGermain a pat on the back for first discovering this and broadcasting it to those that would listen.
    [...]
    Hey no problem really. You really did all the hard work, all I did was the cleaning !

One point though about the jailusers file: with version 1.0.5 in case of failed launch with a zombie mplayer thread, I noticed that even after a "killall", the chroot/jail remains in the Touchpad (in a path with jail-something inside). It only goes away after a Device Restart. I'm not sure also about the jailusers file which seems to remain after deinstallation (sorry I won't have my Touchpad for a while so I cannot test).

Have you still got issue with launching mplayer ? Because instead of the Emergency Kill button, maybe you can start Touchplayer by doing automatically a "killall" (simple users won't understand the Emergency Kill button). As a linux user, I am really reluctant to recommend this though...but well simple users are simple users ! ;-)

Have you considered to release Touchplayer in the official HP App Catalog ? I know that you rely on other preware libraries, but it would greatly increase the user base.

A big thank to YOU again,
  5.    #365  
    I had considered doing the killall on launch. It might be the right answer for most users, maybe with an expert option for allowing multiple instances.

Once the UI gets to the point where it doesn't totally suck, I might go for the app store, if it still exists

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    The soft subtitles thing is always a challenge for players for some reason.. many xvids and x264s come with subtitles already in them.. whether in dx50 or subt format, or some other internal format.. but they tend not to play outside of vlc or other specialized apps (dx50 subs don't play on vlc but do on my ps3 which is where I use them) etc. .srt files are always reliable (except on the ps3 which will not accept anything but burnt in hardsubs or softsubbed dx50 avi's).

I tested touchplayer with 1 xvid that had an internal sub in 2 different formats.. touchplayer (mplayer) didn't display it, but then again I didn't really expect it to. I figure its main strength is with .srt
    I installed TouchPlayer 1.06a. It is better then the previous one, but I hope next release will be better. I run some anime movies base .mkv with muxed subtitles, audio & text not sync correctly with the video. It late around several secons. The longer I played the movie, audio & subtitle drifted more.

But this is really a good app! Great job!
    New version works good. Like the new features.
    wow! havent checked this in a while! great fix! finally got it to work!
    thanks alot!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hello All,

First of all, Thank You Error 454, and everyone else who help getting this app to where it is today. I installed 1.06a today with no issues whatsoever. I am actually watching some training videos for work right now. Working perfectly.

Some info I would like to share for player controls for those who have a bluetooth keyboard. Here is what I found;

(don't ask me what some of these are for because I have no idea)

Q = quit
    R = Sub position - decrease with each press
    T = Sub position - increase with each press
    Y/G = Sub delay
    O = OSD -enable, disable
    P/Space bar = Pause - doesn't work very well
    D = Framedropping - enable, disable and hard
    Z = Sub delay - decrease
    X = Sub delay - increase
    V = Sub titles - enable and disable
    M = mute
    9 = volume down
    0 = volume up
    - = A/V delay - decrease
    shift + = A/V delay - increase
    [ = Speed - small decrease
    ] = Speed - small increase
    { = Speed - large decrease
    } = Speed - large increase
    > = pause (see above)
    / = volume decrease

Also, the speaker keys also controls the volume

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Is there a chance, to get a version wich is working with the Pre3? (the actual version works only landscape )
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    none of my .mpg-videos work. they are produced in adobe premiere. if i try to open one of them, the screen gets dark for a moment, sometimes i hear one second of the audio and then nothing happens anymore.
    are such mpg's not supported?
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    This app requires root access so it can never exist on the public catalog. I'm honestly not interested in trying to make money on this. I'd rather get 1 or 2 other developers that are interested and just make it the best damn video player on the Touchpad, kind of like how vlc is the best player everywhere else.

At the end of the day I just want to have fun and watch videos, not support a bunch of paying customers. That's why I've fully open-sourced this, if I fall off the face of the planet, someone else can pick it up and continue.
    Saint you are man :-)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    It is certainly here - download file direct, or through added feed in Preware:

TouchPlayer Documentation Coding for Mobile Platforms

I tried adding the feed but I get an error every time after I made the mistake of deleting my old TouchPlayer version. Please add it back to preware.
    is there any way that Touchplayer could be made to understand a dvd video_ts directory? ie:

[moviename]
    +[VIDEO_TS]
    ->VOB, IFO and BUP files copied from the DVD

my bro-in-law and I have many of our DVD's backed up onto a media server in that format. some still have menus, others are just the main movie with no menu. I've found no way to play these on the touchpad.
    I installed touchplayer 1.06a from prewar for the first time today. My touchpad runs 3.0.4. It didn't work. I followed your instructions installing internals pro from preware, i navigated to /var/home/root and it worked, but touch player just won't open.

It fails with: "Service not running as root" and "The homebrew-jsjsjs-$framework$ $could$ $not$ $be$ $found$&$quot$;.

Both are installed. What do I try next?

Edit: n/m updating to 3.0.4. It as on 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by physicsjunkie View Post
    I installed touchplayer 1.06a from prewar for the first time today. My touchpad runs 3.0.4. It didn't work. I followed your instructions installing internals pro from preware, i navigated to /var/home/root and it worked, but touch player just won't open.

It fails with: "Service not running as root" and "The homebrew-jsjsjs-$framework$ $could$ $not$ $be$ $found$&$quot$;.

Both are installed. What do I try next?

Edit: n/m updating to 3.0.4. It as on 3.0.2.
    'FileMgr' also first installed?

Full Device Restart?

Just to give a "heads up" to other Pre3 users.
    I have installed Touchplayer 1.0.6a with wosqi (didn't work with preware).
    And then editet the file
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service/ffplayAssistant.jsjsjs
    adding
    Code:
    -vf rotate=1
    into the args in line 39.

That worked for me
    Regards
    Ralf
    It works fine with pre3 ( Keimix method ), but is there a way to scale the screen with args? Because the aspect ratio is wrong, it's too wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    is there any way that Touchplayer could be made to understand a dvd video_ts directory? ie:

[moviename]
    +[VIDEO_TS]
    ->VOB, IFO and BUP files copied from the DVD

my bro-in-law and I have many of our DVD's backed up onto a media server in that format. some still have menus, others are just the main movie with no menu. I've found no way to play these on the touchpad.
    forgive me for bumping this question, but I'd really appreciate hearing whether this is something that is being looked at for a future release, or if it's something that simply can't or won't be done.