Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    Technarch, your files look exactly like mine. Were you actually getting an error?
    Yeah when I click on the icon it says "Validating Install" the circle spins, then it says "Install Check Completed" and then it tells me 2 fails for homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$, $that$ $the$ $service$ $is$ $not$ $running$ $as$ $root$ $and$ $the$ $framework$ $could$ $not$ $be$ $found$.

I pasted you those two code output samples in http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ml#post3237554 where you suggested running the services manually, and they seem to have issues. So I'm thinking your output is very different when you run those services manually.

The homebrew-jsjsjs-$service$ $I$ $have$ $installed$ $is$ $version$ $1$.$0$.$1$. $Is$ $that$ $the$ $same$ $as$ $what$ $you$ $have$?

The thing is, I doctored this pad.. so it shouldn't have any previous install lingering.. but what I'm wondering now is, when I doctor and log back into the HP account on the TP it forces a download of applications (not preware ones obviously) but does force a download of all installed apps that came from the app catalog and also makes me wonder if that also did something.
    Here's my personal situation:

I installed the services **way before** Touchplayer 1.0.5

When I installed TouchPlayer 1.0.5 and restarted Luna, the launch went smoothly but files hilighted in green and then nothing happened. I stopped caring for TouchPlayer until the 1.0.6 ver

With 1.0.6 I tried two methods:

First, the upgrade from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6.
    Second, fresh install of 1.0.6 as mentioned in you first post of this day (7th of Nov).

Both times, when I launched the app, I had (and still have) a spinning circle that says "validating install" that keeps going on and on and on. I managed to get the log from Lumberjack which states:

[2011-11-07 07:43:57] (TouchPlayer) WARNING: Executing pending window params, but no params list found., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$6233$

That's it, that's all I can get from TouchPlayer :/
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    this morning was my first attempt at installing touchplayer.
    1.0.6 on 3.0.4

I got the "service not running as root" and "the homebrew-jsjsjs-$framework$ $could$ $not$ $be$ $found$&$quot$;

preware tells me the jsjsjs $service$ $is$ $already$ $installed$.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Professional > Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm IIIx > Palm m105 > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten|T > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HP TouchPad
    Thanks for the reports. I will attempt 1.06 after I hear problems are solved.

I'm still running 1.04 and with overclocking, it is even more fabulous.

I installed an ipk from WOSQI straight after doctoring to 3.04 and after installing the two services required, I did not even input my passwords for email, calendar before installing (see my posts earlier in this thread).
  5.    #345  
    Ok folks, I was able to reproduce the issue that everyone seems to be hitting. I have pushed an updated 1.0.6a with what I am hoping is the fix for everyone :fingers crossed:

If your install is already b0rked, please update your feeds and try the latest. Please let me know your results. Thanks!
    knownboyofno likes this.
    "..I will attempt 1.06 after I hear problems are solved.."

Yes.. Spock has advised me that logically, this is the correct course of action too. (Fire extinguishers still on standby though!).

EDIT: Aahh.. even Spock didn't see 1.0.6a coming quite so soon!
    Glad you were able to reproduce the issue.. welcome back to the 'rest of the World'!!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/07/2011 at 09:03 AM.
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    "..I will attempt 1.06 after I hear problems are solved.."

Yes.. Spock has advised me that logically, this is the correct course of action too. (Fire extinguishers still on standby though!).

EDIT: Aahh.. even Spock didn't see 1.0.6a coming quite so soon!
    Glad you were able to reproduce the issue.. welcome back to the 'rest of the World'!!

lol thanks, I'm pretty happy I was *finally* able repro. Here is hoping that I repro'd what the 99 percentile is experiencing (or 99.32417% if Spock were calculating). Once the fragility issues are out of the way, I might actually be more inspired to push updates more often.
    Updating to 1.0.6a...
    Device Restarting...
    Validating install...
    Install check completed...

YES!

All appears stable from this side of the screen anyway!

Thanks.. and good work all round!

(Spock's even dancing to the 'UN-Taint'!).

Yes.. Feel inspired.. you deserve to!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/07/2011 at 07:00 PM.
  9.    #349  
    \o/
    \o/\o/\o/

\o/
    Thanks, Man! I was having issues with a video playing that this update fixed!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    works for me now!!!
    thanks for the update!!
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Professional > Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm IIIx > Palm m105 > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten|T > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HP TouchPad
    So THIS is TouchPlayer ?

It's an amazing piece of work, thank you, I have now my movies on the TouchPad AND w/subtitles !

Again, thanks
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    lol thanks, I'm pretty happy I was *finally* able repro. Here is hoping that I repro'd what the 99 percentile is experiencing (or 99.32417% if Spock were calculating). Once the fragility issues are out of the way, I might actually be more inspired to push updates more often.
    It seems that I have missed all the fun this week-end !
    As I've spent quite some time also to understand the problem, can you explain a little what exactly happened ?

Basically I was beginning to be crazy about people doing exactly the same things than me and having a non-functional Touchplayer. So I tried -hard- to also have a non-functional Touchplayer, then make a detailed list of all files and associated size in order to make a giant "diff" to identify the culprit.
    That's how I ended up with the "strange" solution that some people have reported to work quite well.

But now I'm really really curious: what happened ? ;-)

Anyway I won't be able to hack for a moment because the Touchad (and Touchplayer) was working so well that my girlfriend took it away from me to travel ! :-(

Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort on Touchplayer !
    As you didn't want to receive donations, I've tried to follow your advice by helping others. ;-)
    error454: Thanks! Program loads now. Also curious to know what it was.

Minor quibble for early adopters. If already installed, 1.0.6a will not show up in preware as an update. Need to uninstall existing 1.0.6 then install it. The launch button will show on the 1.0.6a description but is the older exe until you replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks for the reports. I will attempt 1.06 after I hear problems are solved.

I'm still running 1.04 and with overclocking, it is even more fabulous.

I installed an ipk from WOSQI straight after doctoring to 3.04 and after installing the two services required, I did not even input my passwords for email, calendar before installing (see my posts earlier in this thread).
    She lives! Operation was a success, Well done.
    Now I can try it out.. interesting.. the program validates install every time it is executed.. I would have figured once would have been fine.

Running an xvid makes it very hard to control.. in terms of forward, rewind, new position, etc. Like it's getting jammed up somewhere and not paying attention to the screen.

Also found myself wishing I could crank the brightness up.
    Technarch: '..Also found myself wishing I could crank the brightness up..'

Is the TP Screen 'Brightness' Control not giving you enough Brightness then?

Seems OK on that score here..

Or do you mean you want it built into Touchplayer?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/08/2011 at 09:05 AM.
    So is this ready for release (again) in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    So is this ready for release (again) in Preware?
    It is certainly here - download file direct, or through added feed in Preware:

TouchPlayer Documentation Coding for Mobile Platforms

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/08/2011 at 09:28 AM.