Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    What do you mean for "root directory" ? On the TP this is /var/home/root and nothing to see there for touchplayer.
    ? do you want to have a look at :
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service/
    The root directory is "/". You can access it with "cd /".
    So:
    1) open a terminal (Xecutah for instance)
    2) Type "cd /"
    3) Type "ls -lR > /media/internal/files_list.txt"
    4) Open with your favorite text editor the file "files_list.txt" and remove any personal information (like the content of /media/internal for instance).
    5) Send me the file "files_list.txt"
    Also from 'error454' recently:

In response to the comment by guynux:

'Have checked OK all the 5 files, but please have a look at my post' : http://forums.precentral.net/3232109-post287.html

"..From looking at your post, I can see that the instance of mplayer launched with Touchplayer is not running as user root, it is running as user 6951 which is probably an auto-generated UID from the jailer. This means that the homebrew-jsjsjs-$framework$ $is$ $not$ $being$ $invoked$ $properly$. $If$ $it$ $were$, $you$&#$8217$;$d$ $be$ $running$ $as$ $root$ $and$ $the$ $first$ $entry$ $in$ $your$ $ps$ | $aux$ $output$ $would$ $say$ &#$8220$;$root$&#$8221$;.

The difference is that when you run it from the terminal manually, you are running as root. I fixed a problem recently in 1.0.5 that may have caused this, I have not yet posted the fix.."

Ok I've managed to make my faulty 1.0.5 works.
    Here is what you can try:
    1) Restart your device
    2) Check /var/palm/data/jailusers, if it only contains a line about Touchplayer, delete the file
    3) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    4) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service

You can also let the files at step 3) and 4) alive if you replace inside "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;

Hope that help !
    Last edited by SaintGermain; 11/03/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    NegiG and dsporcic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    1) Restart your device
    2) Check /var/palm/data/jailusers, if it only contains a line about Touchplayer, delete the file
    3) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    4) Remove the file /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service

it also works if you replace inside "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;

Hope that help !
    I have 1.04 working

2) jailusers does not contain any line about TouchPlayer
    3) In prv/ I have two files
    a) com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    and com. wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service. service

4) in pub/ I have the same two files as in #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I have 1.04 working

2) jailusers does not contain any line about TouchPlayer
    3) In prv/ I have two files
    a) com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    and com. wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service. service

4) in pub/ I have the same two files as in #3
    Yes I have also noticed that on 1.0.4.
    I have no idea why it is like that on 1.0.5, but at least for me it solves the problem for 1.0.5.
    So maybe people who don't have a working Touchplayer can also try ?
    Does the author of TouchPlayer read this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Technarch View Post
    Does the author of TouchPlayer read this thread?
    Doesn't appear so.. who knows!
    But the Author generally reads the wordpress comments I believe.

TouchPlayer Documentation Coding for Mobile Platforms

I cannot get touchplayer go play avi files. I was using v 1.0.5 but then decided to play around with it to try and get avi and mkv files to play. Things only got worse and I ended up having to dr and reload everything. So now I'm on 3.0.4 + 1.0.4. Avi files still don't play but at least I can play my usual stuff. I get "there was an error playing the file" when I attempt to open anything other than mp4. Ideas?
    1) Restart your device

it also works if you replace inside "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;

Hope that help !
    got touchplayer working now, thx a lot dude. I went through round B, Nuke my tp by webdoctor since I was having "not enough memory" issue, then installed 1.0.5, cant get it to play. now playing like a dream. Dude, u rock

this worked for me. I had a clean touchpad 3.0.4 with first 1.0.5 touchplayer with green highlight problem. uninstalled 1.0.5, installed 1.0.4, uninstalled 1.0.4, reinstalled 1.0.5. this tip solved my problem. now, have not fully tested to see if anything is still wrong with it , ie rogue processes, etc... but at least the videos play !
    "it also works if you replace inside "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;

I'm not sure what this means to do? I've opened the /usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ $file$, $but$ $it$ $is$ $all$ $code$.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryBugThing View Post
    "it also works if you replace inside "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;

I'm not sure what this means to do? I've opened the /usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ $file$, $but$ $it$ $is$ $all$ $code$.
    Ok I was not very clear.
    What I meant was:
    1) Open the file /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    In this file, replace "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;
    2) Open the file /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    In this file, replace "/usr/bin/run-jsjsjs-$service$ -$n$&$quot$; $by$ &$quot$;/$var$/$usr$/$bin$/$run$-$homebrew$-$js$-$service$&$quot$;
    It seems I need to go get a degree before I can attempt to use this app
    Well, hopefully the Developer can incorporate all such into an update.

~~

lasviguas commented on TouchPlayer Documentation.

in response to a comment by error454:

The documentation for TouchPlayer

I made some changes to your program (v1.0.5).
    This allows subscribers of French ISP “Free”, to receive broadcast TV channels with the RTSP protocol.
    I changed the files “FileBrowser.jsjsjs&#$8221$; ($addition$ $of$ $a$ $pick$ $list$ $of$ $TV$ $channels$ + $a$ $launch$ $button$ $for$ $the$ &#$8220$;$Freebox$ $TV$&#$8221$;) $and$ &#$8220$;$ffplayAssistant$.$js$&#$8221$; ($launch$ $in$ $RTSP$ $stream$ $from$ $the$ $channel$ $selected$ $in$ $the$ $file$ &#$8220$;$FileBrowser$.$js$&#$8221$;).
    I also changed the default fonts (ISO-8859-1) to see the subtitles with a correct encoding.
    You did an amazing job, and it allows me to use my TP with great pleasure.
    (Thanks to “Google Translator” for help …)

~~

Etc etc..

TouchPlayer Documentation Coding for Mobile Platforms
    The root directory is "/". You can access it with "cd /".
    As you know for linux, speaking of root directory is ambigus, refering also for personal directory of the root user "~" and also for "/" . And I could'nt imagine that you wanted a whole copy of my entire filesystem only for the touchplayer....
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    As you know for linux, speaking of root directory is ambigus, refering also for personal directory of the root user "~" and also for "/" . And I could'nt imagine that you wanted a whole copy of my entire filesystem only for the touchplayer....
    It's the only way I found to quickly check the differences befween our touchpad.
    But do try the fix I proposed by modifying the 2 files I mentionned (see my previous posts).
    Your fix worked fine with 1.05, thanks.
    Have tried the new 1.06, without success even after un/installing hombrew-jsjsjs $and$ $dependencies$ : &$quot$;$service$ $not$ $running$ $as$ $root$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$homebrew$-$js$ $not$ $found$&$quot$;.
    Mplayer is installed and mplayer works well with command line (root user)...
    Last edited by guynux; 11/06/2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    1.0.6 has now been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technarch View Post
    1.0.6 has now been released.
    But does it work as a direct OTA update from 1.0.4 in 3.0.4?
    No point Mutoidi, I get the error of homebrew-jsjsjs-$framework$ $so$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $use$ $it$ $yet$. $But$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $why$ $it$ $wouldn$'$t$ $overwrite$ $fine$.