Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    @SaintGermain

Can we provide you with some logs from the app so that you can check what the green highlight Issue is?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    confirmed: 1.04 fresh after doctor works
    edit: am playing avi file with no hiccups
    Doctored, entered one email account password, then installed 1.04-worked

Doctored a different touchpad, entered all email account and calendar passwords, then installed 1.04-did not work.
    Did an erase apps and data and then signed into profile again, but did not enter any email account or calendar passwords, installed 1.04-works
    Quote Originally Posted by Minyatur View Post
    It failed again. I can't play the videos. It's been highlighted green but shows no sign of wanting to be played. ):

Here's what I did.
    1) Full Erase
    2) Doctoring
    3) Restore + Installed Preware
    4) Installed Homebrew JSJSJS
    5) Installed Filemgr
    6) Installed touchplayer 1.0.4

Couldn't get it to work. Sigh, I wonder what's wrong.
    "Sigh" ("Swear" by now?)!

Trying to recall exactly what I did..

Doctor to 3.0.4
    Reboot.
    Install 'Preware'
    Reboot.
    Add Touchplayer private feed.
    Reboot.
    Found Touchplayer 1.0.5 in Preware.
    Hit 'install'.
    Notified of two dependent packages.
    'View them'.
    Install only them (H'b JSJSJS + $File$ $Mgr$).. $but$ $NOT$ $Touchplayer$ $1$.$0$.$5$.
    Reboot after each..
    Find Touchplayer 1.0.4
    Install.
    Reboot.
    Then played OK.

I later played with uninstalling 1.0.4
    Reboot.
    Install 1.0.5
    Reboot
    Played OK.

Prefered 1.0.4
    Reverse proceedure.
    Still played OK.

PITA!

That's about it I think.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/31/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    @sara.ramli: unfortunately I am not in a position to understand the logs (I am not the author of the software).

However I am trying to reproduce the problem in order to understand exactly what is going wrong.
    So far I had the problem only once but I have been unable after a WebOS Doctor to have the problem again.

For some people it appears to be an installation problem (the binary mplayer is of size 0), for others it seems more complicated.

For those who have the problem and have some command-line knowledge, you can try to execute mplayer with command line.

1) Go to the directory:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service/
    2) check with "ls -l" that the mplayer size is not null
    3) Launch your video:
    ./mplayer -quiet -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all:threads=2 -cache 8192 -cache-min 0 -font fonts/font-arial-18-iso-8859-7/font.desc /media/internal/your_movie.avi

What we really need is someone who can for instance trigger at will both situation:
    A) WebOS Doctor + 1.0.4 + 1.0.5 : works
    B) WebOS Doctor + 1.0.5 : doesn't work

The idea is to make a detailed list of every files with associated size in case B (with "ls -lR" for instance) and in case B to understand what is the difference.

I haven't managed to have B so far.

Any other volunteer ?
    Perhaps we also have to take into account the changes that occurred with the 3.0.2 --> 3.0.4 OTA update?

Perhaps B) entails going back to 3.0.2 with 1.0.4 then 1.0.5 installed first?

I think that's the order in which I experienced it in 'reality'.

Has anyone actually got this launching from within bthome? touch player seems to be installed and working properly in itself but when i scan for render devices in bthome nothing shows up, and i can set it to always use external player, when i launch a video it says launching external player and nothing happens?
    with 1.05 (without doctoring) :
    - after launching a video with the touchplayer regular interface (video selected in green), mplayer wont work, but the process looks good :
    # ps aux | grep mplayer
    6951 5109 3.5 1.0 39896 9824 ? S 09:11 0:00 ./mplayer -quiet -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all:threads=2 -cache 8192 -cache-min 0 -vf expand=:-60::2 -font fonts/font-arial-18-iso-8859-7/font.desc /media/internal/Video/VTS_01_1.VOB
    - after killing, if I launch the same with command line :
    ./mplayer -quiet -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all:threads=2 -cache 8192 -cache-min 0 -vf expand=:-60::2 -font fonts/font-arial-18-iso-8859-7/font.desc /media/internal/Video/VTS_01_1.VOB
    - it works !
    ...very strange
    Last edited by guynux; 11/01/2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: poor english :-)
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Perhaps we also have to take into account the changes that occurred with the 3.0.2 --> 3.0.4 OTA update?

Perhaps B) entails going back to 3.0.2 with 1.0.4 then 1.0.5 installed first?

I think that's the order in which I experienced it in 'reality'.

Maybe, I will try tonight to go to 3.0.2 and reproduce exactly what I did in order to understand the problem.
    Do you want to try B to see if you can manage to have a non-working installation of Touchplayer ?
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    with 1.05 (without doctoring) :
    - after launching a video with the touchplayer regular interface (video selected in green), mplayer wont work, but the process looks good :
    # ps aux | grep mplayer
    6951 5109 3.5 1.0 39896 9824 ? S 09:11 0:00 ./mplayer -quiet -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all:threads=2 -cache 8192 -cache-min 0 -vf expand=:-60::2 -font fonts/font-arial-18-iso-8859-7/font.desc /media/internal/Video/VTS_01_1.VOB
    - after killing, if I launch the same with command line :
    ./mplayer -quiet -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all:threads=2 -cache 8192 -cache-min 0 -vf expand=:-60::2 -font fonts/font-arial-18-iso-8859-7/font.desc /media/internal/Video/VTS_01_1.VOB
    - it works !
    ...very strange
    Ok so definitely you have the same kind of problem of others.
    Are you willing to WebOS Doctor your Touchpad in order to help us understand the problem ?
    You'll have to do the A and B scenario described in my previous post and do a "ls -lR > /media/internal/logxxx" at the root directory between A and B and after B.

When you have the 2 logA and logB, we can make a diff between the 2 to see what is going wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    Maybe, I will try tonight to go to 3.0.2 and reproduce exactly what I did in order to understand the problem.
    Do you want to try B to see if you can manage to have a non-working installation of Touchplayer ?
    But I think I've already travelled that road (B) as I have tried to document here, in various posts.. and successfully sat with a non working 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 Touchplayer until running out of patience and nuking it with a Doctor to 3.0.4 and reinstalling 1.0.4 (which was only then upgradeable to a working 1.0.5!)

It was definitely at the 3.0.2 // 3.0.4 interface though, that the 'problems' with 1.0.4 first began!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/01/2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    But I think I've already travelled that road (B) as I have tried to document here, in various posts.. and successfully sat with a non working 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 Touchplayer until running out of patience and nuking it with a Doctor to 3.0.4 and reinstalling 1.0.4 (which was only then upgradeable to a working 1.0.5!)

It was definitely at the 3.0.2 // 3.0.4 interface though, that the 'problems' with 1.0.4 first began!

Ok so if you manage to have situation B (WebOS Doctor to 3.0.4 + install Touchplayer 1.0.5 = non-working Touchplayer) then would you want to do the process I describe ?
    Do scenario A then list all files with associated size, then scenario B with same list.
    We'll probably end up with files which are different, which will allow us to identify the problem.
    @sara.ramli: unfortunately I am not in a position to understand the logs (I am not the author of the software).

However I am trying to reproduce the problem in order to understand exactly what is going wrong.
    So far I had the problem only once but I have been unable after a WebOS Doctor to have the problem again.

For some people it appears to be an installation problem (the binary mplayer is of size 0), for others it seems more complicated.

For those who have the problem and have some command-line knowledge, you can try to execute mplayer with command line.

1) Go to the directory:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service/
    3) Launch your video:
    ./mplayer -quiet -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all:threads=2 -cache 8192 -cache-min 0 -font fonts/font-arial-18-iso-8859-7/font.desc /media/internal/your_movie.avi

What we really need is someone who can for instance trigger at will both situation:

The idea is to make a detailed list of every files with associated size in case B (with "ls -lR" for instance) and in case B to understand what is the difference.

Any other volunteer ?
    I tried the first two steps and see that the mplayer file size is indeed 0 in my case. Infact most of the files there are of size 0. What would you advise in this case?

Mine is 3.04 -> installed 1.05
    Ok so if you manage to have situation B (WebOS Doctor to 3.0.4 + install Touchplayer 1.0.5 = non-working Touchplayer) then would you want to do the process I describe ?
    Do scenario A then list all files with associated size, then scenario B with same list.
    We'll probably end up with files which are different, which will allow us to identify the problem.
    Luckily by installing 1.0.4 first and then uninstalling and restarting before installing 1.0.5 and restarting, I have not managed to have scenario B!

I may get to scenario A when I go to 1.0.5 in 3.0.4 again, Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    I tried the first two steps and see that the mplayer file size is indeed 0 in my case. Infact most of the files there are of size 0. What would you advise in this case?

Mine is 3.04 -> installed 1.05
    Then it seems that Touchplayer is not installed properly.
    Try to deinstall it then install it again.

Are you installing it manually or through the feed ?
    Ah ! I've managed to do a little progress here.
    I've managed to get myself to a non-working situation (3.0.4 + 1.0.5) and then managed to get to a working situation (3.0.4 + 1.0.4).
    I had to remove the following files:
    1) /var/palm/data/jailusers (check that only touchplayer is in this file !)
    2) /var/palm/ls2/services/prv/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service
    3) /var/palm/ls2/services/pub/com.wordpress.mobilecoder.touchplayer.service

I will try to analyze a little more tomorrow.
    Is there someone with a non-working touchplayer who can give me some info I need ?

Thanks
    Guys, can someone help me, my touchplayer won't play!!! When I click the video, nothing happened....just that the place i click got marked by turning green. I tried click many times, emergency kill, swipe left right ( delete button appeared) and that 's it...the player won't play

I don't get it, i just doctored my TP, before it works fine?? Or maybe they change the way "how to open a video"???

1) Go to the directory:
    3) Launch your video:

Any other volunteer ?
    I tried what you wrote up there. ANd I found that through 2) and 3):

2) mplayer = 0
    3) mplayer not found

what should I do next?
    - First issue, installation :
    I had to uninstall and reinstall Hmbrew JSJSJS + $File$ $Mgr$ $Services$ + $touchplayer$ $1$.$05$ $to$ $get$ $mplayer$ $installed$. $No$ $need$ $for$ $doctoring$.
    - Second issue : the services and mplayer are not launched properly thru the touchplayer's genuine interface ; it seems that they need root rights ?
    Last edited by guynux; 11/02/2011 at 03:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guynux View Post
    - First issue, installation :
    I had to uninstall and reinstall Hmbrew JSJSJS + $File$ $Mgr$ $Services$ + $touchplayer$ $1$.$05$ $to$ $get$ $mplayer$ $installed$. $No$ $need$ $for$ $doctoring$.
    - Second issue : the services and mplayer are not launched properly thru the touchplayer's genuine interface ; it seems that they need root rights ?
    Can you do a "ls -lR > /media/internal/files_list.txt" at the root directory and send me the result ?
    It is just the list of files on your Touchpad with associated size and ownership (check the content of the file if you don't believe me !).
    It would help me find the problem.
    Can you do a "ls -lR > /media/internal/files_list.txt" at the root directory and send me the result ?
    It is just the list of files on your Touchpad with associated size and ownership (check the content of the file if you don't believe me !).
    It would help me find the problem.
    What do you mean for "root directory" ? On the TP this is /var/home/root and nothing to see there for touchplayer.
    ? do you want to have a look at :