Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dsporcic View Post
    Just sharing my experience.. have 2 TP - the first was updated from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 and TouchPlayer was installed at 3.0.2 and works. The new clean 3.0.4 TP installs TouchPlayer but doesn't work. movie just highlights in green as noted in previous post. Think the developer is working on this so am patient... don't necessarily want to doctor to 3.0.2 just to install TouchPlayer... comments/thought ?
    Yes I have the same problem. Touchplayer was working correctly after the update to 3.0.4, but after a deinstallation/reinstallation it stops working.

Be aware than when it doesn't work (movie just highlighted in green), it means that a thread was created in the background and is currently using processing power. So don't forget to use the "Emergency kill" button to get rid of these threads.

The author is currently working on this issue, so either install Touchplayer before the update to 3.0.4 (and don't touch it after !), or wait for the next Touchplayer update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Where is the current place to get the ipk file? There is no ipk located at presentral.net/touchplayer.
    Have you followed the procedure to add the Touchplayer private feed:
    TouchPlayer Documentation Coding for Mobile Platforms

You can also install directly the ipk file:
    http://mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/t..._1.0.5_all.ipk

But install it _before_ update to 3.0.4 or wait for the next Touchplayer version (currently not working if you install it after 3.0.4 update).
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    Yes I have the same problem. Touchplayer was working correctly after the update to 3.0.4, but after a deinstallation/reinstallation it stops working.

Be aware than when it doesn't work (movie just highlighted in green), it means that a thread was created in the background and is currently using processing power. So don't forget to use the "Emergency kill" button to get rid of these threads.

The author is currently working on this issue, so either install Touchplayer before the update to 3.0.4 (and don't touch it after !), or wait for the next Touchplayer update.
    OK.. same issue here.. will await work in progress!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jabramson View Post
    I have 3.04 and 1.04 and they are working fine. So is the one and two finger swipe from what I can tell. I haven't decided to try to go to 1.05 experimental yet.
    Sorry.. my mistake.. AFTER upgrading to 1.0.5 in 3.0.4, and back to 1.0.4 again!

It is being looked at I believe.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Have you followed the procedure to add the Touchplayer private feed:

You can also install directly the ipk file:
    http://mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/t..._1.0.5_all.ipk

But install it _before_ update to 3.0.4 or wait for the next Touchplayer version (currently not working if you install it after 3.0.4 update).
    I did find those procedures and installed Touchplayer, AFTER updating to 3.0.4, it seems to work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I did find those procedures and installed Touchplayer, AFTER updating to 3.0.4, it seems to work fine.
    Lucky you ! Don't touch anything then...
    Lucky you ! Don't touch anything then...
    No such 'luck' with that proceedure here I'm afraid!

Still on No Go Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by zondajag View Post
    Wow this has to be the best I have seen xvid files played on my touchpad.

I had to install manually using the webosquickinstaller pc application as this isnt in the preware database but that doesnt take away from how good this thing is.

Btw what does the thread number thing do.

Also I am looking to stream xvid from my samba windows network shares like I can with my android nexus one phone (using es file explorer to stream the file and vplayer to play the xvid avi).

Has anyone managed to make windows shared files properly visible (all i can do is stream from upnp/dlna shares which dont give you the choice of playing media with installed touchplayer instead of the internal media player one.

Any way you can make a patch that will allow the internal media player to use the tools/codecs that makes touchplayer so successful?

Sorry if this message has been a bit muddled. I have been awake a little too long.
    Hopefully I'm not the 100th reply .... Sorry, I don't have my touchpad in front of me so I can't share my tiny script at this moment in time but ....

I have cifs mounts working with a script .... At home I run Ubuntu and in my office I've provisioned a really old Suse Linux machine as my media repository. I wrote a tiny sh script that simply pings a server (ie. ubuntu home box) and if it receives a reply it executes a mount command. I scripted it this way so one script will work no matter where I am ... in other words, if it gets a ping response the server can be connected and it then mounts the correct media share.

Below is a basic cifs mount command (I know the -t is outdated for samba shares but I'm still using it)

mount -t cifs //ubuntuBox1/media -o username=myID,password=myPassword /appdata/media/MyTouchPadDirectory

it's a bit of a pain to run the script manually, I read somewhere that someone had tied the script execution to toggling airplane mode but I haven't gone that route yet.

Sorry I don't have the exact script, if you need I'll post it
    I wrote so much, how could I have excluded the important details.

You will need:
    - overclock kernel that supports cifs (either uberkernel or F15)
    - Terminal access (I do it all from my touchpad with xterm / xserver)
    - Existing MountPoint (directory on TP) ... the mount point (MyTouchPadDirectory from my above example) should already exist and be empty ... I created this right below appdata (if memory servers me correctly)
    - existing share with media

I stream 700Mb - 1.4Gb sized files with no issues BUT I haven't done the touchplayer upgrade yet (I will tonight).

Good Luck
    I have just managed to get Touchplayer working again.
    Was having problems with the 'remove/update muffle' system logging patch.
    Followed the advice here (can,t add links yet) search for Can't remove/update Muffle System Logging
    actually forgot to 'save package list' first so ended up having to install some of my patches afterwards.
    Once I had put all my patches etc. Back on, Touchplayer is now working ok.
    hth
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Twiglet View Post
    I have just managed to get Touchplayer working again.
    Was having problems with the 'remove/update muffle' system logging patch.
    Followed the advice here (can,t add links yet) search for Can't remove/update Muffle System Logging
    actually forgot to 'save package list' first so ended up having to install some of my patches afterwards.
    Once I had put all my patches etc. Back on, Touchplayer is now working ok.
    hth
    I just tried EPR then reinstall of TouchPlayer on 3.0.4. It didn't work. It's still stuck at green hightlight after tapping on the filename. Is it strange that in Govnah I don't see a spike after tapping on a filename in TouchPlayer?
    It probably made no difference but I didn't Reinstall touchplayer. I only did the patches.
    Strange how it worked it for me but not for you.

Using TouchPlayer 1.0.4
    Thanks for letting us know how it worked for you though Turbo_Twiglet.

Did anyone try to install TouchPlayer on a fresh 3.0.4 Touchpad after using WebOS Doctor? It would be nice to get some confirmation before I go down that route .
    Quote Originally Posted by p51dray View Post

Did anyone try to install TouchPlayer on a fresh 3.0.4 Touchpad after using WebOS Doctor? It would be nice to get some confirmation before I go down that route .
    Yes..

I think something is probably ‘amiss’.. I have Doctored to 3.0.4.. installed Preware.. added Touchplayer Private feed.. downloaded 1.0.5 & installed it with required JSJSJS &$amp$; $File$ $Man$. $Services$.. $executed$ $a$ $full$ $system$ $restart$.. $opened$ $Touchplayer$.. $opened$ $a$ $video$ $file$ $and$.. $same$ $green$ $highlight$ $ONLY$.. $no$ $play$!

What’s the verdict now please?

Do I reinstall 3.0.4 and 1.0.4 instead?

or:

Uninstall 1.0.5 and reinstall 1.0.4?

EDIT: Later.. No I just tried that (with full restart) and only get the same problem of 'green file highlight' only.

I'm going to Doctor to 3.0.4 again and try installing only 1.0.4.

EDIT: Even later.. yes.. that worked.. and updated to 1.0.5 OK too.

(PS. 'Touch Vol' seemed to mess things up a bit though! Sticking with 'Increase Vol' for now).

Thanks!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/26/2011 at 11:31 PM.
    cant find touchplayer in preware. Did it get remvoed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes..
    I'm going to Doctor to 3.0.4 again and try installing only 1.0.4.
    EDIT: Even later.. yes.. that worked.. and updated to 1.0.5 OK too.
    Hey I can confirm that too !
    I did exactly that and I have a working Touchpad 3.0.4 with Touchplayer 1.0.5.
    Very strange that it only work that way...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpappas View Post
    cant find touchplayer in preware. Did it get remvoed
    Normally you have to use the procedure to add a private feed described here:

But be aware that there seem to be some problem with the current Touchplayer version 1.0.5.
    It seems (need more people to confirm) that version 1.0.4 works better, so install it directly:
    1) Install the dependencies from Preware: Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $and$ $FileMgr$ ($not$ $sure$ $for$ $this$ $one$)
    2) Install version 1.0.4 by downloading the current file:
    http://mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/t..._1.0.4_all.ipk

I did the same thing as Mutoidi: WebOS Doctor to 3.0.4 then install 1.0.4 then install 1.0.5.
    Be careful if you install manually 1.0.4 to install the dependencies first 5Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $and$ $FileMGr$).
    I just tried EPR then reinstall of TouchPlayer on 3.0.4. It didn't work. It's still stuck at green hightlight after tapping on the filename. Is it strange that in Govnah I don't see a spike after tapping on a filename in TouchPlayer?
    Probably that a thread is created but doesn't work (you can check in a terminal wih "ps | grep mplayer" that a thread is "alive" which you need to kill).
    installed 1.05 fresh after doctor, no go, then tried 1.04 without redoctor, no go