Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    Swipe L--->R = F'ward

Swipe L<---R = R'wind

2 fingers = bigger jump increments.

It goes in 'steps' anyway.

When will it be fixed so I can install it from Preware?

Thanks!
    Have you tried the proposed procedure:
    1) Deinstall Touchplayer
    2) Luna restart (or reboot your Touchpad)
    3) Open preware and select the top left menu
    4) Select "Manage Feeds"
    5) Go all the way down and enter the address "mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/mcfeed" AND deselect the "is compressed". Click on "Add feed"
    6) in the preware top left menu, select "Update feeds"
    7) Find Touchplayer and install it
    8) Luna restart (or reboot your Touchpad)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    Have you tried the proposed procedure:
    1) Deinstall Touchplayer
    2) Luna restart (or reboot your Touchpad)
    3) Open preware and select the top left menu
    4) Select "Manage Feeds"
    5) Go all the way down and enter the address "mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/mcfeed" AND deselect the "is compressed". Click on "Add feed"
    6) in the preware top left menu, select "Update feeds"
    7) Find Touchplayer and install it
    8) Luna restart (or reboot your Touchpad)
    Thanks SaintGermain for the instructions and kinda what I did though the last step I simply manually downloaded 1.5 using one of the previous links and changing it from 1.4 to 1.5. Then manually emailing the file and installing via Internalz file manager.

New version is let me just "Sweet" and I love the changes. Still have problems with some files and HD encoding, but all in all works very well and love the newer gesture controls and onscreen status and progress indicators. Thanks to the developer for the great work and keep it up! Sorli...
    I still struggle to download/install it from Preware... It still just spinning. Never success to finish install it.

Edit: my bad.... After add feed now I can download it. I test play it with one of my anime movie .mkv file, video runs a bit choppy, sound not sync correctly, but... It can show the muxed subtitle!!
    I'm waiting for more mature release, if I can use my Touchpad to watch my anime movie collection, I will very happy, and I will donate for this awesome app!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by The Bard; 10/17/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    has touchplayer disappeared from preware, aside from the experimental version in the feed above?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    has touchplayer disappeared from preware, aside from the experimental version in the feed above?
    Try logging in and downloading Touchplayer 1.0.4 from here...
    then via WOSQI to TP if nec?

http://www.precentral.net/touchplayer

So after the better part of 30+ hours trying to compile mplayer-webos and failing . I hereby submit a formal request for being able to switch audio track as well as subtitles. It can apparently be done (google says so!) by hitting '#'. I haven't been able to test this out though.

I am now failing on the compiilation process when it looks for certain libs required by libsdl (libnapp, libpiranha, and libpalmvibe) They all appear to be in the correct places, but, for some reason are not found or used during compile. My brain hurts from the long, long attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
    I use small "swipes" and it works without problem.
    Do you mean that when you swipe from right to left, you can rewind, but when you swipe from left to right you cannot go forward ?
    Have you tried in the middle of the movie ?
    Have you tried with two fingers and can you see the dot lines indicator which indicates where you are in the movie ?
    Yea I can rewind by swiping from right to left but can't go forward by swiping from left to right.

I tried with two fingers as well but still no avail and yes I can see the dot lines indicator.
    tried it last night very very briefly but it looked to play much smoother than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I can't find it there anymore so I think the answer is yes.
    Hmmm after installing 1.04 I cannot get it to play a file. Whenever I select them they become highlighted in green but nothing happens after..
    Tried playing a 720p .mkv with SSA V4+ (proper name gets censored by the board due to it's relation to posteriors) Softsubs, here's the result - as atrocious as using VLC. :/
    Last edited by twiitar; 10/18/2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: lol a s s gets filtered lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Hmmm after installing 1.04 I cannot get it to play a file. Whenever I select them they become highlighted in green but nothing happens after..
    Try the Emergency kill button, or open a terminal and do a "killall mplayer" or just reboot (Luna restart is not enough).
    Quote Originally Posted by cttm View Post
    Yea I can rewind by swiping from right to left but can't go forward by swiping from left to right.

I tried with two fingers as well but still no avail and yes I can see the dot lines indicator.
    Humm have you installed any other homebrew software or patch which introduces some new gestures by chance ?
    Quote Originally Posted by twiitar View Post
    Tried playing a 720p .mkv with SSA V4+ (proper name gets censored by the board due to it's relation to posteriors) Softsubs, here's the result - as atrocious as using VLC. :/
    Can you upload the video and subtitles somewhere in order to see if we can reproduce the problem ?
    If you have mplayer on your computer, it would be interesting to see if it works there.
    Yep.. 3.0.4 and 1.0.4 dont to appear 'party' tgether!
    I have 3.04 and 1.04 and they are working fine. So is the one and two finger swipe from what I can tell. I haven't decided to try to go to 1.05 experimental yet.
    Just sharing my experience.. have 2 TP - the first was updated from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 and TouchPlayer was installed at 3.0.2 and works. The new clean 3.0.4 TP installs TouchPlayer but doesn't work. movie just highlights in green as noted in previous post. Think the developer is working on this so am patient... don't necessarily want to doctor to 3.0.2 just to install TouchPlayer... comments/thought ?
    Last edited by dsporcic; 10/22/2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: correction
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Where is the current place to get the ipk file? There is no ipk located at presentral.net/touchplayer.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s