Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnnguyen01 View Post
    says cannot open MIME type. Can you please help? Thanks!!
    What says that? Are you simply trying to download through the webOS browser from this forum? Do you have preware installed? Is it registered to handle app packages?

You will do better to go through preware directly and install from there. If you don't have the preware app on your phone, you should look at grabbing the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" app from the app catalog to get you started.
    Quote Originally Posted by pigsflew View Post
    What says that? Are you simply trying to download through the webOS browser from this forum? Do you have preware installed? Is it registered to handle app packages?

You will do better to go through preware directly and install from there. If you don't have the preware app on your phone, you should look at grabbing the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" app from the app catalog to get you started.
    Yes trying to download from this site. How do I get preware and register to handle app packages? I'm doing this on touchpad. Thx!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnnguyen01 View Post
    Yes trying to download from this site. How do I get preware and register to handle app packages? I'm doing this on touchpad. Thx!!
    Unfortunately you'll need a computer to install preware to the device to start with, but a quick search for installing preware should get you some good step by step instructions, or, the afformentioned "Preware Homebrew Documentation", too.

Once it's installed, it should prompt you to register it for the ipk extension automatically when you launch it the first time.
    Unfortunately you'll need a computer to install preware to the device to start with, but a quick search for installing preware should get you some good step by step instructions, or, the afformentioned "Preware Homebrew Documentation", too.

Once it's installed, it should prompt you to register it for the ipk extension automatically when you launch it the first time.
    Thanks!!
    tyvm!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm trying to come up with a similar fix but for Bluetooth audio/a2dp volume. The output of `amixer` is right here.

I see 'bt_sco_rx' and 'bt_sco_tx' which list mono, I believe these are volume levels for phone headset for talking. These can be tweaked with something like

Code:
    amixer set 'bt_sco_tx',5 4
    but again I don't believe that's related to stereo audio. There was a patch for Pre phones which modified /etc/audio/b/phone_bluetooth_sco.txt but the touchpad/webOS 3.x appears to use a different audio system and this file does not exist.

Does anyone know what control or what method may be possible to adjust the bluetooth stereo volume level?

Edit: I messed with amixer for a few hours and adjusted just about everything I could from that pastebin link. Nothing worked. I don't think amixer is directly tied to bluetooth audio at all. I also adjusted the sql of /var/preferences/com.palm.audio/prefsDB.sl since it mentions a2dp audio but I was not able to make any differences. It defaults to 100 in that file, even lowering the value did nothing.
    Last edited by falz; 09/04/2011 at 04:25 PM.
    definitely increases the volume as well as the distortion, more so on the headphones jack then speakers. Going to try the lite version and see if it helps.

the lite version is still unclear when you approach max volume. But is no where near as loud as full version. I think I'll stay with full version its much louder. If it was a little cleaner and crisper near max volume this would be perfect. Thanks for the app. I love my music loud.
    Last edited by perql8tor; 09/07/2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    does this work on 3.0.4?
    Yes, it does.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    thank you for this.
    works on 3.0.4 - i had distorted sound, so removed and reinsatlled but used the lite patch and also noticed that the other touchpad had gnu patch and lsdiff installed which come with the unthrottle download manager patch. So I installed it again along with that download manager patch and scratchiness gone.

so not sure what caused the scratchy volume - other the regular patch (use lite) or the other patch did something to help
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perql8tor View Post
    definitely increases the volume as well as the distortion, more so on the headphones jack then speakers. Going to try the lite version and see if it helps.

the lite version is still unclear when you approach max volume. But is no where near as loud as full version. I think I'll stay with full version its much louder. If it was a little cleaner and crisper near max volume this would be perfect. Thanks for the app. I love my music loud.
    You might want to try TouchVol as it gives more control, including EQ.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...-touchvol.html
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Oh my, I hadn't seen TouchVol, that's way better than my bandaid approach. Going to modify my OP to point people towards it. Thanks!
    Oh my, I hadn't seen TouchVol, that's way better than my bandaid approach. Going to modify my OP to point people towards it. Thanks!
    Thank you, for what you might refer to as a 'bandaid approach". But, the fact is that it served it's purpose when there were no other options. It's great that 'TouchVol' now exists, but that does not change the fact that your 'solution' made the TouchPad much more enjoyable for a lot of us. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/19/2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    pigsflew likes this.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Thank YOU Mr. Pigsflew! Your script made my TP much more enjoyable. In fact, I used it on my Pre 3- it was the only way I could hear my music while working out at the gym.

THANKS!!!!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Itīs so great! I can finally properly rock out to GunsīnīRoses with my Pre3. This saved the day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lispy View Post
    Itīs so great! I can finally properly rock out to GunsīnīRoses with my Pre3. This saved the day!
    TouchVol works on the Pre3?
    Neat.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    TouchVol works on the Pre3?
    Neat.
    Yes, but be careful. I am pretty sure that it some how damaged the microphone amplifier on two of my 3 pre 3s. Nothing I have been able to do has restored the mic to working....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234